Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    For the people that would like to see a fairly comprehensive listing with pictures of the cases available for the Treo 600, then please visit this topic I created at the TreoBits forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidG
    I received my Sena case and I really liked it. Very good fit. Good quality leather and ....more importantly.. no plastics anywhere.

http://www.senacases.com/cart/customer/home.php?cat=294
    Agreed. Also, a wriststrap fits nicely in the rear speaker hole. I'm hoping to get another for the Treo 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    Selective protection was what I was searching for in a case = when I'm not using the Treo, I want it covered but the screen visible nonetheless. When I'm using it, I don't want plastic covering anything.

Lemme guess, you're the programming type, right? Not that there's anything wrong with that but I could see where my over generalized explanation can confuse those who think in precise code. Right. Let me break it down for you. There is a protective leather flap that happens to be attached to the leather body of the case via velcro. This leather protective flap has a protective plastic window on it that enables users to view caller ID for incoming calls. When my Treo is in my bag, on my hip, or wherever not being used, I prefer the keyboard and screen to be protected against the everyday bumps and bruises.

But behold, when you either flip the flap back or simply take it off, your Treo is still encased in a leather case yet the screen and keyboard are exposed, free and unencumbered.

Check out the photos on the link I originally included. Get it?

why the attitude. i don't really care what case you get. knock yourself out.
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    Angry Red Sox fans.

Bitter, bitter little men.

Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    why the attitude. i don't really care what case you get. knock yourself out.
    I admit to a little attitude in that post but nothing personal against you - just that your reply completely missed the point of the original. Frankly, I don't care what case you have/get either but some people in this forum care to know about other people's experiences, input and opinions so I let it hang out there just like everyone else.

And regarding the RedSox comment - - I am SO tired of saying, "this is the year, just wait..." so I won't. Not bitter, just direct.
    i like the iPod case

I got one with my iPod, fits nicely and its got the clip....
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    I tried several cases and didn't like any. currently doing without. a word of caution for those (like me) who just shove the treo in their pants pocket: check the hot-sync connectio slot before plugging in the cable. Lint, threads, and tiny bits of washed paper (yea, I forget to check my pockets sometimes before the wash) like to make the slot their home. I had to take tweezers to unlodge a piece of lint that got shoved inside and blocked contact.
    Banoo... what's that smell?
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    I admit to a little attitude in that post but nothing personal against you - just that your reply completely missed the point of the original. Frankly, I don't care what case you have/get either but some people in this forum care to know about other people's experiences, input and opinions so I let it hang out there just like everyone else.

And regarding the RedSox comment - - I am SO tired of saying, "this is the year, just wait..." so I won't. Not bitter, just direct.
    i was trying to help you decide because I am a research freak when it comes to purchases. however, being an a..hole in your reply to me just meant that, as far as i care, you can go get whatever case you want with no feedback from me. people who know me on this forum can attest that I contribute a crappola worth of stuff here - from help, links to other forums, sites to ringtones, backgrounds, images and the like. i don't understand why you have to exude a smart-*** attitude just because you're hiding behind a monitor when typing your posts on a forum.

again, knock yourself out with your choice of cases. just don't expect any feedback from me
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    I tried the form-fitting leather/plastic case from Handspring, which I didn't like because it was too hard to get the Treo in and out. I then switched to the Handspring leather sideways case, which is nicely made and works fine. I still use it sometimes if I want to wear the phone on my belt.

Most of the time, I use the Rhino-Skin case, which I would highly recommend. I have discovered that I prefer just to put the Treo in my pocket, but I was worried about the screen being damaged. The Rhino-Skin covers the screen, but has openings for the 5-way switch, the volume, and the ports on the bottom. You can charge the phone without removing it from the case unless you are using the stand charger. The front also opens on a hinge so you can access the screen easily without removing the phone. It is well made, it's easy to take the phone in and out, and it adds very little to the size of the Treo if you carry it in your pocket. It also comes with a clip that screws onto the case so you can wear it on your belt. For what I was looking for it was ideal.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    I got the "ruggedized" Bellagio. It has leather around the flap, so it offers another degree of protection. I'm waiting on my second one right now. The first was drug underneath a race car for about 50 yds with my phone in it. The phone survived, though it apparently was ripped from the case at the last second where it received some cosmetic damage. The case was virtually destroyed - only some of the keys were scraped a little. Just a note to beantown; if you ordered a custom color, you're stuck with it. I tried to cancel my order about a week after placing it because I'll be getting a 650 as soon as Cingular gets some (it's slightly smaller - so it won't work with the old cases) and was politely told that as soon as the order is confirmed, it's in production, so it's yours. I had a little trouble with the strap turning off the cell, but not often. It does add add a little bulk, but it's a tank, not a Lotus. It looks nice, (after some stretching) holds three credit cards, and appears to stave off attacks by race cars.
    Vince
    the "tank", my friend is not any of these leather cases. the "tank" is the innopocket aluminium case. now THAT is a tank
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    ok, you got me there! The Bellagio is as big as a tank, though... The innopocket is more like an armored Porsche, how 'bout that? ;-)
    Vince
    Quote Originally Posted by vinman
    I got the "ruggedized" Bellagio. It has leather around the flap, so it offers another degree of protection. I'm waiting on my second one right now. The first was drug underneath a race car for about 50 yds with my phone in it. The phone survived, though it apparently was ripped from the case at the last second where it received some cosmetic damage. The case was virtually destroyed - only some of the keys were scraped a little. Just a note to beantown; if you ordered a custom color, you're stuck with it. I tried to cancel my order about a week after placing it because I'll be getting a 650 as soon as Cingular gets some (it's slightly smaller - so it won't work with the old cases) and was politely told that as soon as the order is confirmed, it's in production, so it's yours. I had a little trouble with the strap turning off the cell, but not often. It does add add a little bulk, but it's a tank, not a Lotus. It looks nice, (after some stretching) holds three credit cards, and appears to stave off attacks by race cars.
    Vince
    Vinman - what a perfect testimonial for the folks at Bellagio! Great story. Glad to know your T600 is still functional. I'm telling ya, these cases are bullet-proof if thats what you're looking for. However bad news on the return policy. Thanks for the heads-up. The cust.serv folks told me "no problem" on the return but now that you mention it, they did not ask me whether it was custom or not. I now use the handspring form fitting case until I can get the new Slipper from EB.
    that's the best case. stays on yout belt and u can use the treo without all the hindering condomy wrappings to get in the way. no rinky dink hinges to break
    Greetings T600 peeps. In my obsessive hunt for the perfect case I stumbled across this new development via TC store. Does anyone have experience and/or testimonial for this new case? Looks like a winner to me. A bit pricey but it appears to have the perfect blend of protection and utility.

http://store.treocentral.com/accesso...ew.php?a_id=86
  16. edj
    My vote is for the Nutshell. It's solid, simple, and good looking. The clip is the best. Had mine over 6 months-it should last a very long time. Yes, I do need to use my Treo naked but knock on wood I haven't dropped it and my trouble was with a broken screen from puttin it in my pocket.
    Have fun.
    Krusell leather case and PDA Armour Meteal case. Love them both. They keep my treo and sd card safe
    I've got four people at my company, all trying to find cases they like. Here's my experience with the cases they've chosen:

Vaja T6 case:
    Makes it hard to press keys on the sides. Feels great. Smells great. Expensive. Doesn't fit with some 3rd party charges like iGo. Comes with or without clip. Doesn't work with cradle. Hard to get off (one guy ripped one taking it off). Offers little protection to Treo.

Covertec horizontal case:
    Offers good protection, but have to take it out to use or charge it. More like a storage or carrying case. Clip is regular belt clip, not "springy" kind.

Piel Frama aluminum case:
    Actually, a pretty good case. Protects the Treo. You can answer it without opening it (but not see who is calling). Can charge in the case (but not use with a cradle). Has pretty good belt clip.
    I'd try this one, if I had to do it over again.

Still looking for one with open front (no plastic, no cover) and good belt clip that works with cradle.

Hope someone find this information useful.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I'll cast another vote for the Nutshell. I've also used the Proclip and a Vaja. I liked the Proclip, but I had a couple of experiences where the phone got knocked out when I accidentally brushed up against something solid. The Vaja was nice but a little cumbersome.

The Nutshell is solid and simple. You have to take the Treo out of the case to use or synch, but I got the Nutshell without a top flap. The Treo slides in and out easily, but it fits snugly, so there's almost zero risk that it'll fall out.
    Not that I dare resurrect this thread, but a quick question for those of you who have the Nutshell Case...

Do you recommend getting it with the belt clip or belt loop? The clip looks easier to work with and take off, but the loop seems like it might be more comfortable. Those of you who have the clip, can you sit comfortably with it on? Is driving a car ok?

Thanks!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast