Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I finally succombed and got the Krussel form fitting case with screen cover and I am very pleased. I hardly ever use the stylus, so the screen cover is not that big of a deal for me. Plus it protects the screen, so it's a plus imo. The main reason why I like the Krussel is that you don't have to flip a cover or something to view the screen. This makes it very convenient imo. I usually just carry my Treo in my pocket and the Krussel does a good job protecting the Treo from my keys, coins etc. However, if you want something more protective, you should consider something else...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Cases....Cases. Just put it in your pocket!
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    I have tried several casł
    what's so good about the nutshell? Is this the case?

http://www.tuff-as-nuts.com/Treo-600_203.html

is that a velcro flap, lgreenberg?

looks really plain to me. doesn't seem to be very protective either. is it a hard case?
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Lets see I've tried:

Nutshell
    Handspring Side Loading
    Handspring for fitting
    Krusell Form Fitting
    Krusell Side Loading
    Krusell Pouch
    Piel Frama Flip
    Sprint PCS Flip
    Covertec Form Fitting
    looks like you spent more on the case collection for the treo 600 than the phone itself
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    My vote is for the Bellagio flip case. It is solid, provides good protection, has a good belt clip, a stand, and when open has no plastic on either the keys or screen (I use both a lot, since I still alternate between key typing and Jot grafitti). Also like it has room for two SD cards. Only downside is that it's a bit bulky, but wears ok on my belt.
    I used the aluminum hard case for a awhile and liked it, but when the belt clip post came off once without the phone falling off, and the second time with it falling off, i junked it.
    I believe I have the best case out there. Access to everything on the treo, and feels and protects extremely well. It cost a bit buts its well worth it.

Vaja I-volution with screen protector

nuff said
    nuff said? not really. why is it the best case? i can't imagine a case being that expensive and not offering any protection to the screen when cases half the price do a job 10 times better
    Here's the cheat sheet for the cases:

Vaja - expensive, more style over function. Bulky.

Bellagio - wanna-be Vaja junk. Avoid.

Krussell - ok for some; not impressed; cheap construction

Covertec - best functional case out there, looks good, best belt clip. (they are not at the same).

PalmOne OEM case - Actually, decent, but plastic protection is a little stiffer than others, and edge keys on keyboard are harder to hit due to shape of case.
    Reasonable minds can differ. I find the plastic cover on the Covertec to make using the stylus (rare as that may be) completely unwieldy. You didn't mention Piel Frama -- similar in design to Vaja's flip version. Admittedly a bit bulky, it otherwise meets my needs perfectly.
    When a case with a plastic screen cover is used, is the usual screen protector below it still needed? I'm thinking of the double layer of protection that might inhibit the sensitivity of one's stylus poking at the touch screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galahad
    When a case with a plastic screen cover is used, is the usual screen protector below it still needed? I'm thinking of the double layer of protection that might inhibit the sensitivity of one's stylus poking at the touch screen.

I would advice you to put in a screen protector, It doesn't really cost much and is an added layer of protection. I have had experiences in the past where in the plastic cover causes slight scratches after a while. So for a small sum of money, you get the peace of mind that your screen is protected from scratches.
    I use the Krusell form fitting case. I t has access to all parts of the Treo 600....all except the SD Card. But now since the Card Export II is out, I have no need to even pull that out of the phone.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    ya gotta go Bellagio!
    I've seen a number of votes in favor of the Vaja i-Volution and Covertec cases here, both of which look fairly similar (yes, I do get the difference between the two), but for those of us not interested in buying leather products, is there a good alternative?

I'd be happy to pay something between the price of a Covertec and the Vaja for a well-made nylon - or other man-made fabric - case. Does it exist?
  16. t4l
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I've tried the Handspring/Cingular case (side-loading).. The only thing I didn't like was that I couldn't hear my phone ring in loud places and also the vibration wasn't enough to make me get to the phone in time.

I switched to the Bellagio flip case. It's nice; I can hear the phone ring (there's a cutout for the speaker in the back). The only complaint I have is that I like to handle my Treo directly and taking it in and out of the case is a pain.
    After trying many, many, many cases I've settled on the Covertec horizontal case. Very comfortable and functional.

Unlike many of the other cases (even other horizontal ones), this case can be certified "Love-handle friendly".
    Re 3 and 4: I wasn't aware that the soft plastic screen covers the keyboard as well as everything above. Is this really so? Does the stylus on the screen really work? This has been an often mentioned drawback to the HS form fit case.

G.
    Now that I've had the HS form-fitting case for a week or so, I have 2 complaints: (1) The soft clear plastic is too tight and too high across the touch-screen. You practically have to poke the stylus thru the plastic near the edges. Question: has anyone voided the case warranty and snipped away the plastic covering the touch-screen? That would leave almost 50% of the plastic. The buttons and the keyboard work well enough thru the plastic. (2) Has anyone further voided the warranty and cut away the bit of leather covering the camera lens?
    Now that I've had the HS form-fitting case for a week or so, I have 2 complaints: (1) The soft clear plastic is too tight and too high across the touch-screen. You practically have to poke the stylus thru the plastic near the edges. Question: has anyone voided the case warranty and snipped away the plastic covering the touch-screen? That would leave almost 50% of the plastic. The buttons and the keyboard work well enough thru the plastic. (2) Has anyone further voided the warranty and cut away the bit of leather covering the camera lens?
    I removed the front plastic from my HS form-fitting case shortly after getting it, as there weren't any other T600 cases out at the time that I liked. The HS form-fitting case with the plastic is a joke, completely unusable (IMO). Without the plastic its OK but then the front is completely exposed. The button for the flap that goes over the top of the phone is now busted so I'm completely done with it.

I'm interested in the Vaja or Krusell but have a few questions:

• I can't find anywhere to actually buy the Krusell, does anyone know of a distributor?
    • Does the Krusell have a decent swivel clip? The Krusell website shows some type of bulky steel clip kind of accessory.
    • Is there a size-bulk difference between the two? I've seen someone on the board say the Vajra is bulky while the Krusell site claims their cases are sleek. Is there really a difference?

Thanks
    Phil-
    i got the bellagio....very happy
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast