View Poll Results: Is the Treo 610 a real product that is imminent?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it will be released in approximately 60 days

    18 12.24%
  • Yes, but it will not be released until late 2004

    69 46.94%
  • No, this is all wishful thinking

    22 14.97%
  • No, but PalmOne might be working on such a PDA combination for 2005 or later

    38 25.85%
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    Me, I am sure it is not, but am interested to see what a poll uncovers...
  2. #2  
    I WANT it to be real.... but would they offer it at a discount to 270 owners? Or should I grab the tMobile 600 discount now.... decisions, decisions
  3. #3  
    my guess is that they will announce the production of the treo 610 in march, but probably not release the model to the public until later in the year.
  4. #4  
    Blah... should have added an option for 'We'll see it when we see it'
  5. #5  
    The timing of the Treo 610 rumor couldn't better. Those who are with tmobile and have previous treo model only have a small window to take advantage of upgrade offer. However, the news of Treo 610 is probably causing some doubt in the minds of many who have waited for tmobile release (It certainly had this effect on me - until I came to my senses). I'm sure a new Treo will be released sometime in the future (but not anytime soon).
    Visor Phone, Treo 180, Treo 270, Nokia 3650, Treo 650, Treo 680, Treo 800w
  6. mgauss's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    #6  
    I am afraid that the management of Palm 1 showed its incompetence when paying 120 million for Handspring, a company that had a 160 x 160 product in 2003 (embarrasing) and absolutely no business future, in terms of its ability to go on.

    Now they have to beg the millionaires they created and in case you did not follow, new money is lazy. Donna is sitting in the South of France sipping expensive Bordeaux while we rot in 160 x 160 hell and Microsoft prepares its multimedia onslaught.

    Oh well let the Windows man do the windows.
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by mgauss
    I am afraid that the management of Palm 1 showed its incompetence when paying 120 million for Handspring, a company that had a 160 x 160 product in 2003 (embarrasing) and absolutely no business future, in terms of its ability to go on.

    Now they have to beg the millionaires they created and in case you did not follow, new money is lazy. Donna is sitting in the South of France sipping expensive Bordeaux while we rot in 160 x 160 hell and Microsoft prepares its multimedia onslaught.

    Oh well let the Windows man do the windows.

    interesting thought... and probably true. i hope it isnt in the case but we will see how things go.
  8. #8  
    Thankfully despite the embarassing resolution, the Treo 600 is a far better smartphone than anything in its class! It really has no real competition!

    Lets hope and pray for a hi-res Treo 610 ASAP!
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by kouba
    I WANT it to be real.... but would they offer it at a discount to 270 owners? Or should I grab the tMobile 600 discount now.... decisions, decisions
    I'm just guessing here; but with the discounts already being given to owners of the 270 for the 600, it seems almost unlikely that they will offer the same 270 owner discount for an even newer model. Sort of like, if you dont take this opportunity, you may miss the boat.

    Now, what does seem likely to me is 600 owners getting some type of discount; given the fact, and this is only MY opinion, that the 600 hasnt been out that long, and to come out with a new and improved model when people could have waited for that one.......I'm sure you know where this is leading.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  10. #10  
    As someone else noted somewhere, a TREO 600 for T-Mobile won't start getting "shipped" (...) until March thus it is REAL unlikely PalmOne will step on that with a new model - PalmOne has a Spring/Fall tradition of device intros (and for some reason I think they actually mentioned all this in a conference somewhere).

    =====

    > ... am afraid that the management of Palm 1 showed its
    > incompetence when paying 120 million for Handspring...

    That was the value of the offer at announcement time - at merger time it was close to $200+million.

    > ...a company that had a 160 x 160 product in 2003
    > (embarrasing) and absolutely no business future, in terms of its
    > ability to go on...

    Yes, the price seems outrageous when one looks at it in pure dollar amounts but one MUST take into account (1) PALM had no other choice - it, TOO, was about to die financially and (2) the "money" used to pay for the merger was NEW STOCK SHARES thus actually cost PALM essentially nothing - only existing shareholders got/will get hit by the cost and PALM Insiders were not major stock holders!

    > ...Donna is sitting in the South of France sipping expensive
    > Bordeaux...

    Ms. Dubinsky was reduced in stature from CEO to Board of Directors member. Her day-to-day participation in PalmOne isn't there anymore (indeed, how often does a BoD meet? THAT'S her participation in PalmOne!). Hawkins has been purported to be a one-day-a-week employee of PalmOne ("Jake" here gave that tidbit). Both have been principles of dot-bomb IPOs of at least a couple companies (nee PALM and HAND) and made gajillions off those IPOs. Now they get to relax. Southern France and wine are Ms. Dubinsky's choice; Brain Institutes are Hawkins' choice.
  11. Andreas's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    #11  
    Have Palmone made any comments whatsoever about this rumour?

    I mean if the rumour is untrue wouldnt it be wise of Palmone to let the public know? Probably loads of ppl out there who wont buy a T600 just because of this rumour

    So either the rumour is true or Palmone doesnt care about T600 sales.

    /Andreas
  12. #12  
    Originally posted by Andreas
    Have Palmone made any comments whatsoever about this rumour?

    I mean if the rumour is untrue wouldnt it be wise of Palmone to let the public know? Probably loads of ppl out there who wont buy a T600 just because of this rumour

    So either the rumour is true or Palmone doesnt care about T600 sales.

    /Andreas
    Now, wouldnt that be funny.....RUMOR control!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  13. #13  
    I believe PalmOne has said, maybe in the past about something else but related:

    == "We don't comment on such things"

    > ...I mean if the rumour is untrue wouldnt it be wise of Palmone
    > to let the public know? ...

    A rumor of a new TREO on an obscure geek-oriented message board is unlikely to have noticeable effect on TREO 600 sales.


    Even the same rumor on N obscure geek-oriented message boards.

    Sales are driven by publicity - like ads, PRPRPR-$fluffs$, $and$ $reviews$ - $and$ $by$ $sales$ $staffs$ $in$ $walk$-$in$ $stores$. $None$ $of$ $those$ $will$ $mention$ $the$ ($rumored$) $TREO$ $610$...
  14. #14  
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    A rumor of a new TREO on an obscure geek-oriented message board is unlikely to have noticeable effect on TREO 600 sales.
    Right. Just wait until Mossberg trumpets it in the Wall Street Journal as the next best thing since sliced bread, then you can believe it's only month's away.
  15. #15  
    I confirmed with treo tech support that they will be releasing a new version with bluetooth. They did not comment on the screen resolution, but he did not hear anything that this will be changed. He said that it is not a rumor and they will be releasing a new version later this year. He could not comment when, but it is definite.
  16. #16  
    Geez...OF COURSE THERE WILL BE SOMETHING NEW!!

    THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SOMETHING NEW! But right now, today, the T600 is IT.

    If there is a T610 available by March 31st of this year, I will smash my 600 on a live web feed and devour the pieces for all forum members to see.

    RUMORS RUMORS RUMORS!!@#$%$
  17. #17  
    Originally posted by Raschied
    Geez...OF COURSE THERE WILL BE SOMETHING NEW!!

    THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SOMETHING NEW! But right now, today, the T600 is IT.

    If there is a T610 available by March 31st of this year, I will smash my 600 on a live web feed and devour the pieces for all forum members to see.

    RUMORS RUMORS RUMORS!!@#$%$
    I'm with you. Hell I'll even pay to see the feed

    There is no way that there will be a new Treo by then, so I think your T600 is safe (although that would be fun to watch)

Posting Permissions