Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1.    #1  
    Its officially available now. www.real.com
  2. #2  
    When I attempt to download Realplayer for Treo 600 it directs me to a download for Pocket PC. I went back a step and tried the downloads for Tungsten (all 5 of them) and Zire, but none of them worked.

    So now their site says in plain english that it supports Treo 600, but how to download it is beyond me.....
  3.    #3  
    It works for me. I downloaded the palm 5 one. Its at the bottom of the drop down list when you select to download it after logging in. It plays audio quite well. Simple interface. Seems to be less resource intensive than pocket tunes... but pocket tunes does streaming audio, which I love!
  4. #4  
    I was kinda hoping it would at least play video (real audio movie) files as well as audio...
  5. #5  
    Kayden, were you able to get it to work? If so did you use the Treo 600 version listed in the dropdown box on the download page?
  6. #6  
    yes...

    go to real.com
    there is a link for mobile player at the bottom of the page (click it)
    select the link for palm os5 devices mid-page
    click the "download the player" link
    sign in with your music store id
    Should be v1.51 and select the Treo 600 at the bottom of the list

    d/l & install

    worked on the first shot for me...
  7. 666
    666 is offline
    666's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    #7  
    can anyone post a link to the treo600 version? us poor brits aren't allowed to sign up for music store for some strange reason!
  8. sbono13's Avatar
    Posts
    426 Posts
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    #8  
    Originally posted by 666
    can anyone post a link to the treo600 version? us poor brits aren't allowed to sign up for music store for some strange reason!
    There's a link to the T3 version in this thread, which i think is the same.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...2&pagenumber=1

    But I'm not sure you can run the installer without the PC real player client installed. If not, maybe someone will just zip up the ten files that get installed onto the treo, and you can try to install them directly.
  9. #9  
    I' not sure how I am the only one that encounters this problem but once I enter my musicstore ID and then select Treo 600 from the drop down box the only option for a download that I am given is for Pocket PC. Some users have reported success using Tungsten versions but they don't seem to work either.
    Not sure what else to try.
  10. sbono13's Avatar
    Posts
    426 Posts
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    #10  
    Originally posted by FreePour
    I' not sure how I am the only one that encounters this problem but once I enter my musicstore ID and then select Treo 600 from the drop down box the only option for a download that I am given is for Pocket PC. Some users have reported success using Tungsten versions but they don't seem to work either.
    Not sure what else to try.
    just follow the link to thread i posted right above.... there's a link in the 4th or 5th post there to download the t3 installer directly. it works fine.
  11. #11  
    anyone else having trouble getting a music store id?
  12. 666
    666 is offline
    666's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    #12  
    Originally posted by sbono13

    There's a link to the T3 version in this thread, which i think is the same.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...2&pagenumber=1

    But I'm not sure you can run the installer without the PC real player client installed. If not, maybe someone will just zip up the ten files that get installed onto the treo, and you can try to install them directly.
    thanks for the link but thats the one i'm using now, it skips on tracks occasionally & misses some tunes out all together i can live with it but i wasn't sure if there was an actual specific treo600 version that might be a bit more stable.
  13. #13  
    registration page is down currently...
  14. #14  
    I don't mean to rain on this parade but for the record the Real Player Mobile has been available for the Treo 600 for over six months now...

    Having coincidentally spoken to Real yesterday, there is however no support 'as of yet' for .rm or .ram streaming media with this player which would undoubtedly be very cool (some phones currently already support this so I guess that it is only a matter of time - perhaps available for the Treo 650).

    So, Real Player Mobile is 'just' a basic MP3 player which is free (for US residents only). Most people interested in more features will be best served looking at Pocket Tunes.

    Cheers, W.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderman
    I don't mean to rain on this parade but for the record the Real Player Mobile has been available for the Treo 600 for over six months now...
    that's why the last update prior to yours was in February
  16. #16  
    I'm obviously working too hard these days...

    Cheers, W.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderman
    I'm obviously working too hard these days...

    Cheers, W.
    btw, have you used it? how would you compare it to pockettunes? I have pt and have been happy w\ it but I'm always interested what others think of similar applications.
  18. #18  
    Does anyone know if Realplayer will play thru the included headset when the Treo is muted (ringer off)? I have pocket tunes and was told this would work (at least on pocket tunes deluxe), but it didn't work for me. I have to hold the answer button on the headset to hear the sound.

    Can someone try it for me? Thanks. I'm not interested in high fidelity cause this'll be for audiobooks.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayden75
    yes...

    go to real.com
    there is a link for mobile player at the bottom of the page (click it)
    select the link for palm os5 devices mid-page
    click the "download the player" link
    sign in with your music store id
    Should be v1.51 and select the Treo 600 at the bottom of the list

    d/l & install

    worked on the first shot for me...
    Hey kayden, do i HAVE to buy the music store id, isnt thr anyway arnd..?
  20. #20  
    Here is a link for the 'RealPlayer for PalmOne Handhelds v1.51' --> Sorry but for some reason the link does not work anymore.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 09/17/2004 at 04:31 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions