Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I found a site with free MP3 ringtones, originally created for the Sony P900. The tones are mostly 20 seconds extracts of songs.

I've tried some of them with LightWav (registered) and they're working fine. They should work with the demo version as well because they're all between 100 and 200K.

Would be nice if other people could post similar sites here.
  2.    #2  
    I created a few myself that you can download here.

It's a bit of an odd collection , I simply went through my MP3 collection and picked a few. I used Power MP3 Cutter to edit them, the trial version is limited to 60 seconds cuts but who needs longer ringtones?

I've tried several things: just the intro, fading in and out, 15 seconds till up to 45 seconds. Let me know what works best for you, I'll be more than happy to produce a few more if I happen to have the song in my MP3 collection.

No need to tell you that George's anwering machine is my personal favorite
    Mol, I like yours better! Sound better and more my taste...

I like
    AC/DC-Whole lotta Rosie
    Ofspring-Pretty fly (nice mix!)
    ZZTop
    Hollywood-Relax
    G&R.....

I need to put the Barry White on my Wifes for my phone

The southpark song is pretty good too...

You know what would be cool, the phone sequence from The Wall...Collect call from Mr. Floyd to Mrs, Floyd...do you except?

Matt
    I was able to use my treo to go directly to the site and download the mp3s. The only thing I cant figure out is where it downloaded. I have Realone, ptunes, and lightwave. Neither have the mp3 files. When I saved, it didn't say where it wants me to save it.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by aznmode
    I was able to use my treo to go directly to the site and download the mp3s. The only thing I cant figure out is where it downloaded. I have Realone, ptunes, and lightwave. Neither have the mp3 files. When I saved, it didn't say where it wants me to save it.
    Does it play the MP3 after the download has finished?

Have a look with Filez. Dunno how Blazer treats MP3s, but I'm assuming it will put it on the device itself, not the SD card.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    Mol, I like yours better! Sound better and more my taste...

I like
    AC/DC-Whole lotta Rosie
    Ofspring-Pretty fly (nice mix!)
    ZZTop
    Hollywood-Relax
    G&R.....

I need to put the Barry White on my Wifes for my phone

The southpark song is pretty good too...

You know what would be cool, the phone sequence from The Wall...Collect call from Mr. Floyd to Mrs, Floyd...do you except?

Matt
    Personally, I hate Pink Floyd Too much seventies dinosaur for me

But you can download the ringtone from my site now

(Phone Ringing)
    [Man:] "Hello?"
    [Operator:] "Yes, a collect call for Mrs. Floyd from Mr. Floyd.
    Will you accept the charges from the United States"
    (Phone is Hung Up)
    "He hung up. Is this your residence, sir?"
    "I wonder why he hung up..."
    "There must be someone else there
    besides your wife to answer."
    (Phone Ringing)
    [Man:] "Hello?"
    [Operator:] "This is the United States calling."
    "Are we reaching?"
    (Phone is Hung Up)
    "See he keeps hanging up."
    "But it's a man answering."
    (Operator cuts connection)
    Forgive me for asking what may be a very basic question here. When I attempt to download an MP3 file on my Treo 600, Blazer says that this filetype cannot be downloaded because I haven't installed an application that plays mp3's. I have installed PocketTunes 2.2, which will play MP3's and ogg-vorbis and such, so the device should handle it How did you get around this in Blazer, or, alternatively, what do you use to play MP3's (because that application apparently registers itself as an mp3 handler whereas PocketTunes apparently did not)?

Thanks!

Doug
    Last edited by dougblair; 02/11/2004 at 03:55 PM.
    Doug Blair
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by dougblair
    Forgive me for asking what may be a very basic question here. When I attempt to download an MP3 file on my Treo 600, Blazer says that this filetype cannot be downloaded because I haven't installed an application that plays mp3's. I have installed PocketTunes 2.2, which will play MP3's and ogg-vorbis and such, so the device should handle it How did you get around this in Blazer, or, altervatively, what do you use to play MP3's (because that application apparently registers itself as an mp3 handler whereas PocketTunes apparently did not)?

Thanks!

Doug
    I just tried with Blazer. After downloading, I got a screen with Open and Save buttons. I pressed Save. And then I couldn't find it anywhere on my device or SD card with Filez. I have no idea where it went, maybe somewhere in the cache?

Of course when I tried with WebProV it works as one would expect from a browser: save to the device or to the SD card.
    Great music Mol, thanks for sharing some cool music. I really liked Barry White's (a voice you instantly recognize).

If you get a sec could you please put up Beyonce's "Crazy Love"?

Anyway, thanks for the tunes. The only thing above a good movie is good music for me.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I just edited some files myself today to use as ringers.

Get Them Here
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by ACDriver
    Mol Dude,

You and I have got to party together! Barry White and Guns and Roses! The Jackson Five and A/C D/C! What a combo!

I am bringing my velvet Santana poster over with my Black Light/ Strobe light combo and we are gonna party like it's 1989!

Everyone of those mp3's is a keeper! Thanks.

Here is one for your voicemail notification.

Thanks again.

I hope you read this with the true intent of good natured humor meant.
    ROFL!

I know - a lot of my MP3s are 80s and early 90s. I remember how my dad always kept playing the same old sh*t (see my Pink Floyd comment above ) but it looks like I'm doing exactly the same thing now.

Plus now that I live in France I'm exposed (by law!) to 50% french made music and I wasn't going to bother anybody here with the few that I like, such as Kyo and De Palmas.

Oh well, maybe I make some ringtones of the current R&B trash. Anybody know where to get the infamous Timberlake/Super Bowl track as an MP3?
    The last demo on my T600 does not have the 1 mb limitation.
    Ciao

Ettore
    Use the device for what it's worth.
    Have some real original ringtones.

Try these two:

4 yr old and myself:
    Ring
    15 month daughter and 4 year old son:
    Dada Phone
    Originally posted by dougblair
    Forgive me for asking what may be a very basic question here. When I attempt to download an MP3 file on my Treo 600, Blazer says that this filetype cannot be downloaded because I haven't installed an application that plays mp3's. I have installed PocketTunes 2.2, which will play MP3's and ogg-vorbis and such, so the device should handle it How did you get around this in Blazer, or, alternatively, what do you use to play MP3's (because that application apparently registers itself as an mp3 handler whereas PocketTunes apparently did not)?

Thanks!

Doug
    this is a common error because the Palm does't know how to handle mp3 files. what you need is a tool to register the file types the the browser will look at the all the apps that registered the file type and it will then send the file to it.

download media manager and installed and set mp3 file extension to folder on the card then have media manager save it there.
    smiley88,

What program are you using as a media manager?

Zane
    Haven't used it yet... Looks promising... Toysoft product... Danny kicks Arse....

http://www.palmblvd.com/software/pc/...3-palm-pc.html
    Thanks jfink!

Zane
    Originally posted by zvandiver
    smiley88,

What program are you using as a media manager?

Zane
    Media Manager! that is the name of our product. You use media manager to manger hotsync file types, IR receive (any file) and to set default apps.

check it out www.toysoft.ca
    To keep the thread on point... I found this in another thread for those wishing to customize ringers and customized spoken alerts... It's a text to speech program that let's you create WAV files...

Examples
    Brian is Calling You...
    Your meeting will start in Five Minutes.
    Don't forgot your Wife's Birthday is Next Week
    etc etc....

I need to play with it more but the resulting output is loud enough and should create quite a few laughs....

http://www.research.att.com/projects/tts/demo.html
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast