Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Originally posted by treoneo
    thanx for your attentiveness. you have a great app and are very user firndly yourself. i hope you feel appreciated. thank you.

p.s. is this what you do for a living?
    Thanks for the kind words.

TreoButler is just an obession - unfortunately it doesn't make nearly enough to keep me in the lifestyle to which I aspire! I have a regular (non computer related) job 4 days a week and geek out on the other 3!
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    So how did you get into computer programming? How long have you been doing it? How does one get into it?

I think modern technology is crazy. You make a brilliant program from the UK and I am able to download and use it here in Los Angeles just like that. Snap!

Thanx again Vorlon...
    Originally posted by confusedvorlon

TreoButler is just an obession - unfortunately it doesn't make nearly enough to keep me in the lifestyle to which I aspire!
    Just registered and added my small contribution to hopefully get you nearer that lifestyle you want. Thanks for the great app!

BTW, I've got the same problem with the AK coming on in place of the default keyguard, but as u did mention, its no biggie really.
  4.    #24  
    Originally posted by mustard

Just registered and added my small contribution to hopefully get you nearer that lifestyle you want. Thanks for the great app!

BTW, I've got the same problem with the AK coming on in place of the default keyguard, but as u did mention, its no biggie really.
    thanks for the contribution!

just to explain the AK thing; The normal keyguard actually blocks sounds from playing (why many old alarm clocks can't play through it). In order to be able to play alerts in TB - I simply turn the AK on temporarily . Problem with this is that it doesn't necessarily get to intercept the normal keyguard (which is the point where it first draws itself). Hence the glitches.

As to starting programming - here's the advice I got in October
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...=starting.html

and some advice I got to pass on in Jan!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...t=started.html
    Hobbyist Software
    Someone asked this in the old thread, but I still don't understand the usefullness of the command bar option in TB (holding down the menu button). For instance if I'm in Datebook, and I hold down menu, I get the command bar at the bottom with the option icon, ..., and a lock icon. What good does that do me? People seem pretty interested in the command bar in TreoButler, but I can't figure out why for the life of me. What am I missing? Thanks.
    You are not alone .....

Originally posted by mharpen
    Someone asked this in the old thread, but I still don't understand the usefullness of the command bar option in TB (holding down the menu button). For instance if I'm in Datebook, and I hold down menu, I get the command bar at the bottom with the option icon, ..., and a lock icon. What good does that do me? People seem pretty interested in the command bar in TreoButler, but I can't figure out why for the life of me. What am I missing? Thanks.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
  7.    #27  
    Originally posted by mharpen
    Some apps make use of it - e.g. I think bugme uses it to make a 'screenshot' command available.

I find it moderately helpful as a shortcut to copy/paste.

Horses for courses really!
    Hobbyist Software

Some apps make use of it - e.g. I think bugme uses it to make a 'screenshot' command available.

ClipPro need it.

ClipPro needs it.
    Hey,

just noted a small bug (?), I've set TB to alert me with a chime if I miss a call with an interval of 1 minute. What happens now is that whenever I receive a call, this alert sounds even when I've already answered the call and am still talking on the phone. Its happened quite a few times and initially I thought I was getting another call only to stop the chat, look at the screen and find nothing else going on.

Urm... or am I missing something....
    I am using a Cingular phone w/ Tmobile service & I am not getting the orange LED notification (yes it's selected in the options secton). FYI with this config (Cingular phone w/ TMo service) I receive text mesg that reads: "you have 1 new voice mail. Dial 123 to retrieve it..."
    There is no cassette tape or envelope to indicate VM. I hope you can find a fix as I need this feature!
    Thanks!
  12.    #32  
    Hey,

just noted a small bug (?), I've set TB to alert me with a chime if I miss a call with an interval of 1 minute. What happens now is that whenever I receive a call, this alert sounds even when I've already answered the call and am still talking on the phone. Its happened quite a few times and initially I thought I was getting another call only to stop the chat, look at the screen and find nothing else going on.

Urm... or am I missing something....
    That will happen if you don't press the centre button (any time before the 1 min - using it to answer the call should be fine)
    Hobbyist Software
    I know I already suggested the auto-snooze feature but here an added tidbit of info of what would be perfect;

If I miss any calls or alerts (voicemail, email, datebook, ALL alerts) , I would turn on my phone and ONLY see that little blue flashing thingey. As of now I see the big alert box covering the screen. This would make the app perfect (well for me anyway). The only time this little blue flashing thingey is when I manually hit snooze if I'm not mistaken.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Greetings CV.

I've been a happy user of TB since the "early good-deal days". All was working well until v. 1.0. THANK YOU for a great app.

Here's the problem (thank you for listening):

I have the attention grabber set for (the box is checked):
    Attention Manager (Normal Alerts)
    Incoming Call
    Incoming SMS
    Voicemail Notification
    Tone=silence
    Play=0 times
    Volume=0
    Vibrate=0 times
    Set LED=Solid Orange
    Repeat every=10 s
    Repeat upto=1000 times

LED State if Coicemail Waiting is set for Fast Green.

When I miss an incoming call, the LED goes to Orange. Once I acknowledge that I've missed the call and if there's a voicemail, the LED doesn't switch to Fast Green. Perhaps, I have too many things enabled?

Thank you very much for your help and for creating a great application.

Cheers!
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    For the record, I'd like the alarms not to sound when I'm on the phone- I get SMS messages in the middle of calls and have to flip the switch to silent...

The caller still hears part of the notification anyway...
    I went to write a memo when I was on the phone and I couldn't use the spacebar, delete, etc. Big bummer. I had to go into TreoButler and turn off the setting. Can you fix this? Thanks.
  17.    #37  
    Hi folks,

Sounds like it's time for me to start fixing a few things again. There definitely seems to be a problem with VM notification - and clearly the space and delete shouldn't be disabled once a call is answered!

It'll probably be a week before I can get to these - but I will.

Cheers
    Hobbyist Software
    Hi CV,

Thanks for the great support. Just noticed something else since I've been using TB. There are times when I get SMSs and answer or look at them immediately (with the centre button too, just to make sure TB knows I've seen it, as was suggested ). however, seems like the Treo comes on again 1 minute later, as though it were mimicking an alert except without the sound... (I've set my reminders to chime btw)

I not too sure if its due to TB but that's my best guess cos its the only new software I've got in there recently. Otherwise, a possessed Treo maybe?? :P
  19.    #39  
    Hi CV,

Thanks for the great support. Just noticed something else since I've been using TB. There are times when I get SMSs and answer or look at them immediately (with the centre button too, just to make sure TB knows I've seen it, as was suggested ). however, seems like the Treo comes on again 1 minute later, as though it were mimicking an alert except without the sound... (I've set my reminders to chime btw)

I not too sure if its due to TB but that's my best guess cos its the only new software I've got in there recently. Otherwise, a possessed Treo maybe?? :P
    Hi,

That will be TB. what happens when you press the centre button is that it just sets a flag to say so (minimises processing time while you're doing other stuff).
    TB does indeed set off the next alert, then checks the flag and if it's set, doesn't ring and also sorts out LED stuff.

I realise this is confusing/frustrating - but it's quite a big job to change - so will probably be a while.
    Hobbyist Software
    CV:

Since you're looking at these things again, may I make a suggestion? Allow a tap on the screen buttons to work the same as a Center button press, if it's possible.

Especially in the car, with my phone in a cradle, it's easier to tap the screen than to use the Dpad to move the cursor where I want and then press Center. Especially with gloves on.

Thanks,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast