1.    #1  
    I can't believe all you lot in the USA are just beginning to get SMS messaging! It's been standard in the UK (and most of the rest of the world) for 10 years!!

They are a way of life over here with millions being sent everyday. I guess you guys can't be good at everything ;-)

Welcome to the nineteen-nineties! lol!

Rob
    yeah and on the other hand it costs less for us to make a call then it does send SMS...I think that says something
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    Originally posted by robjw
    I can't believe all you lot in the USA are just beginning to get SMS messaging! It's been standard in the UK (and most of the rest of the world) for 10 years!!
    It's just the Sprint users btw... All the GSM providers and Verizon have had SMS for a long time.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Well, laughing IS very healthy.... Like gfunk said we had it for a long time already, but only sprint didn't. (but they DID have Shortmail.....;-)
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    all this enthusiasm about SMS must look pretty funny, never stopped to think about it!

They are a way of life over here with millions being sent everyday. I guess you guys can't be good at everything ;-)

Rob

great first post. i suppose we can expect a lot of good positive input from you in the future. thanks for posting.
    Yes Sprint's SMS fiasxo is a joke. But we have unlimited data for $10 /month. Do you have that in the UK and what's it cost?

Rob
    Yes - as I recall, SMS was practically invented by you folks because it cost to much to use the phones for their first purpose - to have a conversation. I sure hope we don't start to follow the European model.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts

Rob
    Dude,
    SPrint has always had shortmail. So we are not just getting text messaging. We are excited about the fact that it is "Mo-SMS". So you see, the joke is on you dude. U.S. is still better than "all year round cold weather UK!"
    Originally posted by hova

Dude,
    SPrint has always had shortmail. So we are not just getting text messaging. We are excited about the fact that it is "Mo-SMS". So you see, the joke is on you dude. U.S. is still better than "all year round cold weather UK!"
    ...but we still have the highest percentage of Convertibles here in the UK!

Seriously though- we might have SMS (at a cost) but GPRS is a bleeding fortune - infact it makes it unusable.

Oh, and you lot have TiVo series 2
    No squabbling.