Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
  1.    #141  
    My Phone app's "About" dialog says version 1.0 and I have the very latest firmware installed (though mine is the ROW 305 version).

Does the About window of your Phone app have the "PalmOne" logo? (Mine does, and if yours does, then you probably have the latest version).

Bill S
  2. acg
    It does indeed have the Pa1mOne logo on it and it says v1.0, so I am assuming it's OK. Thanks for your help; you are a one-man treo resource!
    Free Utility to Manage Aqua Overlay Files:

Aqua Button Manager for Treo 600

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=54469
    I remember an older version which the dial pad/call log order was reversed. Would it be possible for you do produce a version that does that as it's so much better ergonomically...
    Quote Originally Posted by icerbofh
    I remember an older version which the dial pad/call log order was reversed.
    An older version of what? The aqua overlays are just graphics files... (pretty looking dialpad & favorites buttons). If you're using something like 2Phone or PhoneView that lets you cycle through the different phone screens, they both allow you to choose the order in which the screens switch. If you're not using either of these, you can choose what program opens up when you hit up, down, left, right, or the center button of the nav from the phone screen (under options > display properties) including call log. Not sure what you mean otherwise.
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by icerbofh
    I remember an older version which the dial pad/call log order was reversed. Would it be possible for you do produce a version that does that as it's so much better ergonomically...
    Changing 1 bit in one of the preferences resources reverses the order in the pop up list. The only overlay I created that changed this was the one for Sprint, as Sprint was the only company that changed the order.

I'm on the road and can't check which resource or which bit right this minute, but I should be able to do it in the next day or so (or maybe later tonight). If you search through all the AQUA messages I've sent, it's actually mentioned briefly in one of them.

Which AQUA overlay are you currently using that you want to change? (What carrier are you on, as well).

Bill S

ps Jennyfur - This changes the order of the "Dial Pad" and "Call Log" items in the popup list you get when you hit the center 5-way button while in the Phone application. It is indeed something you can change in a phone overlay file such as AQUA.
    Bill, I use sprint and it's the standard aqua overlay that I am using. Thanks.
    Bill, have you had a chance to do this yet?
  9.    #149  
    sigh, no sorry, I have been insanely busy, just got back home to NYC late last night, and I'm off to New Zealand tomorrow morning for a week. I'll try to grab some time while I'm in NZ, but if I'm as busy as I was in Denver last week, I probably won't have time.

I know this is disappointing, and I promise I haven't (totally) forgotten, but you know how it goes some times...

If you have a resource editor, and aren't afraid to hack around with the overlay yourself, here is the info:

cprf ID#1000 = 00 01 00 02
    This is the call log dialpad order flag. 01 puts call log first, 02 puts dialpad first. (The last byte of the four bytes in resource "cprf" ID number 1000 can be either 01 or 02).

Bill S
    Last edited by tvBilly; 08/09/2004 at 04:19 PM. Reason: typo
    i have read all these posts and downloaded a bunch of stuff and even tried prcedit but
    cannot get what I want. I hope someone can help me.
    I want the blue buttons with purple for the highlighted ones like what is in the jc collection BUT I want the nice treo 600 shutdown and startup screen like what is
    in the aqua+ international overlays. Does anyone have this available

thanks
    Bill, just checking in to see if you have had some time to work on this.
    Okay, I'm yet another Mac user wanting to change the buttons! PalmFileEdit allows resource editing. Is it possible to paste in the hex of the image using this app? I haven't heard much discussion about it aside from its initial mention. In the mean time, I'm using PRCEdit on my PC, but my bmp's come out mis-aligned. Are any of the Mac users using a decent Windows app to open and copy/paste these images into PRCedit?
    Ah, after trial and error, I think I get it. It would be nice to have a native Mac solution to this, but until then, I've managed to hack together a crude overlay based loosely on the white buttons used by OS X 10.4's calculator dashboard widget.

I can't wait for a Treo with a high-resolution screen...
    Any updates on this? I just downloaded Button Manager and am able to switch back and forth just fine....but the Wireless On and Off have been changed and I can't change them back!

Before, I downloaded the phone_logo.prc from http://caslis.com/devices/treo600/clogos/index.html and it changed it just fine. But now, even with a hotsync of this new file, I can't get it to change! Any ideas????
    I am the author of Treo Button Manager, and am working on an update for the Treo 650. The problem is that I never name overlay files-- just the software to install them. I now need to make some overlay files for the 650, so that I can test my new software. I have been using Constructor, and have been able to change the graphics within the Phone.prc. But I don't really know what I am doing. Can somebody explain the process to me. It looks like the 650 has a very similar file setup to the 600. Any help would be appreciated, as I really want to get Button Manager for the 650 out.

Thanks.
  16.    #156  
    dnederlof,

I'm on the road (as usual...) in LA right now, but I'm coming home Tuesday, and hope to take the whole rest of the month off, and so should have time to explain to you how the phone overlay system works. I did create a (single) new AQUA+ overlay for the 650 for a Sprint user already, so I know what's involved (including the bit that needs to be changed in the new Sprint overlay to enable display of call duration in the call log).

Be aware that "button overlay" files are different on the 600 and the 650, and an overlay file for one will not work for the other. As far as I know, the only button overlay file created for the 650 is the one I created for the Sprint user that asked me over on the mytreo forum.

If I manage to forget to reply next week to you, drop me a pMail here and remind me,

Bill S

ps In the mean while, there is a LOT of information already here (from me, and others) about the structure of the 600 overlay files and how to create and edit them. May I suggest a search on all threads with the word AQUA in the subject. I will also upload the 650 Sprint AQUA+ overlay I created, so others here can use it, and you can start examining the different resources and contents in the 650 overlay.
    billy...
    could I get a copy of that 650 overlay?
    thanks
  18.    #158  
    I'll upload the Sprint Treo 650 AQUA+ overlay on Tuesday when I get back home. I looked last night and I don't have a copy of it here (on the road working) on my Powerbook.

Bill S
    Quote Originally Posted by tvBilly
    I'll upload the Sprint Treo 650 AQUA+ overlay on Tuesday when I get back home. I looked last night and I don't have a copy of it here (on the road working) on my Powerbook.

Bill S
    Thanks!!!!!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678