Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Thanks guys!

As for changing the font, that's way beyond my knowledge. Maybe Bill knows...
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I haven't had the time to work on this like you guys and find that the work you are doing would be all that I would want/need!

Thanks for your hard work!
    Gene
    I also run PRCEdit on a Mac using VirtualPC. TVbilly said he missed using Photoshop to edit buttons. So did I. I wanted flatter buttons because the dithering of aqua buttons bugged me and did not want to spend the money for a PC version of Photoshop. I found there is a way around it.

I create my button in PhotoshopCS/Mac, save the file as .bmp, select all and copy to clipboard. I then paste the file into Paint/PC, copy from Paint and paste into PRCEdit. I found I cannot paste from the Mac into PRCEdit directly because the zero point is off a few pixels. If I paste from a PC app, the zero point is correct. While it is another step at least I can use Photoshop to do my button creation.

The only remaining problem is that, like cywong, I cannot open the 6851 and 6861 bitmaps without PRCEdit crashing. I'm running WindowsXP Pro within VirtualPC. Maybe the Windows version has something to do with it. I tried deleting the resource and creating a new one, but PRCEdit does not seem to accept input in any field. It lets me highlight, but not enter so all values remain at 0. I'm still working on that one. I'm editing your Cingular file, so it isn't critical to me, I just want to use my own verision of the connecting screen.
    I also run PRCEdit on a Mac using VirtualPC. TVbilly said he missed using Photoshop to edit buttons. So did I. I wanted flatter buttons because the dithering of aqua buttons bugged me and did not want to spend the money for a PC version of Photoshop. I found there is a way around it.

I create my button in PhotoshopCS/Mac, save the file as .bmp, select all and copy to clipboard. I then paste the file into Paint/PC, copy from Paint and paste into PRCEdit. I found I cannot paste from the Mac into PRCEdit directly because the zero point is off a few pixels. If I paste from a PC app, the zero point is correct. While it is another step at least I can use Photoshop to do my button creation.

The only remaining problem is that, like cywong, I cannot open the 6851 and 6861 bitmaps without PRCEdit crashing. I'm running WindowsXP Pro within VirtualPC. Maybe the Windows version has something to do with it. I tried deleting the resource and creating a new one, but PRCEdit does not seem to accept input in any field. It lets me highlight, but not enter so all values remain at 0. I'm still working on that one. I'm editing your Cingular file, so it isn't critical to me, I just want to use my own verision of the connecting screen.
    Originally posted by meyerweb

Sorry I wasn't clear. Those are desirable files. Leave them alone. All you need to do now is download the prc (or zip) file you want to use, install it to your Treo via the hotsync process, and go! You'll see the new buttons in the dial pad and favorites.
    Thanks
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Originally posted by meyerweb

Sorry I wasn't clear. Those are desirable files. Leave them alone. All you need to do now is download the prc (or zip) file you want to use, install it to your Treo via the hotsync process, and go! You'll see the new buttons in the dial pad and favorites.
    Thanks
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Just updated the Aqua+Fav skin for T-Mobile lovers. It has updated Connect/Disconnect screens that are based on F/W 3.05's screens.

Attached is a .bmp so you can see what it looks like, as well as the .prc.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
  8.    #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    Just updated the Aqua+Fav skin for T-Mobile lovers. It has updated Connect/Disconnect screens that are based on F/W 3.05's screens.
    How is this different from the INT2 (aka ROW) versions I made? Note that the T-Mobile version I made previously is just the INT (aka ROW aka CROW) version with the T-Mobile logo replacing the generic (either handspring or palmOne) logo.

Bill S
    Did you make one just like this? In other words, did you take the newer connect/disconnect screens from the new PalmOne unbranded FW 3.04/3.05 and replace the text that says "Treo" with "T-Mobile"?

If you did then I'm verry sorry. I couldn't find it and that's why I ended up creating my own. The only one I found with the T-Mobile logo was the one you made based off of the original Handspring connect/disconnect screens (the old one with the 3 towers).
    Quote Originally Posted by tvBilly
    How is this different from the INT2 (aka ROW) versions I made? Note that the T-Mobile version I made previously is just the INT (aka ROW aka CROW) version with the T-Mobile logo replacing the generic (either handspring or palmOne) logo.

Bill S
    Assuming your INT2 TMO has the same logo as pictured in the bmp file above, then you are right. The problem is that the preview on mytreo.net (and here on T|C?) show the old logo.
  11.    #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    Did you make one just like this? In other words, did you take the newer connect/disconnect screens from the new PalmOne unbranded FW 3.04/3.05 and replace the text that says "Treo" with "T-Mobile"?

If you did then I'm verry sorry. I couldn't find it and that's why I ended up creating my own. The only one I found with the T-Mobile logo was the one you made based off of the original Handspring connect/disconnect screens (the old one with the 3 towers).
    Teach me to send a message without actually downloading the file and looking first. I misunderstood what you made.

I never merged the T-Mobile logo into the new palmOne logo. I thought about it though, since I use my T600 on T-Mobile .

I'll download it now and check it out. I still haven't found a program that will compress the Tbmp (without installing the whole codewarrior package). The new palmOne graphic is compressed, and takes up lots less space that way. Have you figured out a way to re-compress a palm bitmap after you've modified it? It would be nice to do for all the AQUA overlays, and would save everyone a little space.

Bill S
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    It took me a while to find it, too. From TVBilly's post on 2-15-04 at 3:17 a.m.:

>>While you were there, you'd edit the cprf ID#1000 resource changing it from 00 01 00 02 to 00 01 00 01, which would order the "Redial List" the way you want.<<
    <<== worked great! Also easily swapped out the connection bitmaps

First...huge kudos to tvBilly and the rest of you...great forum.

? Is there a way to make the Call Log the first highlighted entry so that there is no need to move the navigation arrow at all...a simple double press of the center button would bring you there rather than to v-mail ? (I tried changing cprf ID#1000 resource to 00 01 00 00, however it just disappeared)

Also, has anyone figured out how to show the TIME while on call...I have the call timer, but have to return to the dial pad or to another app to see the time.

Again, awesome group of people in this forum...keep the knowledge flowing.
    hey... Can someone make a version of AQUA buttons with the T=Mobile startup screen format with the FIDO logo and colors????

...thanks
  14. acg
    tvbilly, (or anyone else that can help for that matter, since there only 24 hours in a day and tvbilly is probably spending 23 of them helping us!)

I just downloaded the AQUA+_INT file from you post #100. Both the dial pad and the favorites are AQUA and since I am using Colorize anyway, I do not care about the dithering. The only thing that is not as it should be is that when I turn the phone on and off the screens are the ugly Welcome and Goodbye screens with the Handspring logo and the towers, instread of the nice (stock?) treo screens with the treo image.

Before today I had the aqua+ installed and the screens where the ones I liked. I trashed the file and downloaded the new one because of the phone app replacement. I used filez to delete the phone.prc but the only thing I found was the PhoneAQUA+_INT. Incidentally, when I deleted this, the buttons in favorites and the dial pad turned to their usual ugliness (non-Aqua) BUT the screens are the ones I like...

So, can you please post the "right" AQUA+_INT file (aqua buttons in faves and dial pad AND treo screens instead of the ugly handspring)?

PS. What do you guys mean by Connecting and Disconnecting screens?
    Quote Originally Posted by acg
    tvbilly, (or anyone else that can help for that matter, since there only 24 hours in a day and tvbilly is probably spending 23 of them helping us!)

I just downloaded the AQUA+_INT file from you post #100. Both the dial pad and the favorites are AQUA and since I am using Colorize anyway, I do not care about the dithering. The only thing that is not as it should be is that when I turn the phone on and off the screens are the ugly Welcome and Goodbye screens with the Handspring logo and the towers, instread of the nice (stock?) treo screens with the treo image.

Before today I had the aqua+ installed and the screens where the ones I liked. I trashed the file and downloaded the new one because of the phone app replacement. I used filez to delete the phone.prc but the only thing I found was the PhoneAQUA+_INT. Incidentally, when I deleted this, the buttons in favorites and the dial pad turned to their usual ugliness (non-Aqua) BUT the screens are the ones I like...

So, can you please post the "right" AQUA+_INT file (aqua buttons in faves and dial pad AND treo screens instead of the ugly handspring)?

The Connecting and Disconnecting screens are the same as the Welcome and Goodbye screens. Just use prcedit to edit the AQUA+_INT file and remove those images. The phone should then use the default Welcome and Goodbye screens. All of the instructions for doing this can be found here...

HTH,
    -Joe
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  16.    #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by acg
    can you please post the "right" AQUA+_INT file (aqua buttons in faves and dial pad AND treo screens instead of the ugly handspring)?

They've actually been there a while, but I guess I forgot to update the original message to add them:

PhoneAQUA for International, palmOne Logo (prc)
    PhoneAQUA for International, palmOne Logo (zip)

PhoneAQUA+ for International, palmOne Logo (prc)
    PhoneAQUA+ for International, palmOne Logo (zip)

The connecting and disconnecting screens are the ones you're talking about.

Bill S
  17.    #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    The Connecting and Disconnecting screens are the same as the Welcome and Goodbye screens. Just use prcedit to edit the AQUA+_INT file and remove those images. The phone should then use the default Welcome and Goodbye screens. All of the instructions for doing this can be found here...

HTH,
    -Joe
    You might be surprised at the screens you get if you do that. If you carefully read the beginnings of this thread, you'll see what I mean.

Plus, the AQUA+ overlay he wants are actually available for download.

Bill S
    Bill,
    I have read this thread front to back. I have downloaded every Sprint Aqua file I can find in it. I open the file, and an install screen comes up. I click done, then hotsync. Annnnd...NOTHING!!! I just want some pretty buttons. Ever since I saw Derek's buttons, it's really made me realize how UGLY the old ones are! This is not fair! Please, have mercy. Help!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  19.    #139  
    Use a file editor (like FileZ) and take a look at what files you have installed in RAM that begin with "phone". You may discover that you have one or more overlay files on your phone without realizing it. You should also make sure you don't have a phone.prc file in RAM by accident. (You will have some of these files in ROM, but you can't delete them, and they may confuse you. Make sure you are just looking for files in RAM, not in ROM).

If you can't figure it out, just post a message with a listing of the files that begin with phone you have installed, and we'll try to figure it out.

Bill S
  20. acg
    tvbilly,
    thank you very much for posting what I wanted. I have a quick question that is connected to this issue. The phone application that I have, even after trashing the old aqua file is version 1.0. Is this normal, considering that other Main apps like Calendar, Calc, MemoPad and ToDo List are v.5.2H? This was originally an Orange phone I got in the UK which I then proceeded to unlock using method C to firmware 2.12. It may or may not be a big issue and I don't know what kind of functionality the later versions of Phone have vs. v1.0, but I sure would like to find out, and if there is a safe and easy way to get the latest and greatest, even better
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast