Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Thanks to Darran West for sending me a copy of the Phone_ORNG.prc overlay file, and to Jim Catanzarite for sending me the Phone_CNGW overlay; we now all have a customized AQUA version for Orange and Cingular users. I've updated the primary message to include links to them, but to save you searching time, here are all the links, including the new ones for Orange AQUA and Cingular AQUA, right here. Note that all the AQUA files now include the update that gets rid of the ugly dithering of the AQUA buttons in the Dial Pad screen. (And no, you haven't missed a message, I haven't posted info about the dither fix and the "Redial List" ordering flag yet).

PhoneAQUA for Sprint (prc)
    PhoneAQUA for Sprint (zip)

PhoneAQUA for TMobile (prc)
    PhoneAQUA for TMobile (zip)

PhoneAQUA for International (prc)
    PhoneAQUA for International (zip)

PhoneAQUA for AT&T Wireless (prc)
    PhoneAQUA for AT&T Wireless (zip)

PhoneAQUA for Orange (Generic, UK) (prc)
    PhoneAQUA for Orange (Generic, UK) (zip)

PhoneAQUA for Cingular (prc)
    PhoneAQUA for Cingular (zip)

If you have an Orange France T600, I'd love to get your Phone_ORFR.prc overlay file, so I can make an AQUA version that's customized for your phone. I think this is only one we don't have. Please pmail (private mail) me a message here on the forum so I can give you an email address to send it to me. It's a tiny file, about 10K when zipped.

Bill S
    Last edited by tvBilly; 02/15/2004 at 05:24 PM.
    So are you able to give us more details about the flags? I have a mac and would like to go in and edit these files...what prog are you using? Thanks for the undithered version!! I need to go in manually and add the radio tower connect/disconn screens and re-order the call list/dial pad options on my redial list. What else did you find out?!?! I think we are all wondering...

Great work, by the way!
  3.    #63  
    Originally posted by raynmansf
    So are you able to give us more details about the flags? I have a mac and would like to go in and edit these files...what prog are you using? Thanks for the undithered version!! I need to go in manually and add the radio tower connect/disconn screens and re-order the call list/dial pad options on my redial list. What else did you find out?!?! I think we are all wondering...

Great work, by the way!
    On the Mac, you can use a program called PalmFileEdit to copy and paste and edit resources in prc and pdb files. For the task you're talking about, you can also use a program called Palm Insider Pro, which is a Palm application (yes, you can do what you want right on your T600). Palm Insider Pro is written by the same people that wrote ZLauncher. It's a bit easier to edit the overlay file on your Mac though.

I'll put together a short instruction sheet on how you can do what you want, but I have to run now, so it will wait until late tonight, probably.

I've pretty much posted all the tricks I've found, though I haven't documented the fix to the dither problem (I created undithered 8-bit versions of the AQUA buttons and added them to the AQUA overlay files).

Bill S
    tvBilly ... YOU ROCK!!! What an elegant workaround that you created for all of us to use. I previously had the version that Derek created and loved it, but yours takes a great idea and improves on it. I, for one, am grateful. Thanks for all your hard work!!!
    Originally posted by tvbilly
    You should remember to remove the Phone_LOGO.prc file if you've installed it, as PhoneAQUA_SPCS has that functionality built in.
    My situation is a little more unique. I created the aqua skin (for the phone only) and I created my own phone_LOGO. However, my logo is for VERIZON.

If I wanted to incorporate your program, I imagine I would use the Sprint file, but then I would be brought back to the Sprint splash screens as well.

Is there a workaround for this, or would you need to make a whole new file for Verizon? If so, attached is the Phone_LOGO for Verizon that I created. (I used 16 bit instead of 8 bit since it seamed to look a little better).

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  6.    #66  
    Originally posted by GalenMD

My situation is a little more unique. I created the aqua skin (for the phone only) and I created my own phone_LOGO. However, my logo is for VERIZON.

If I wanted to incorporate your program, I imagine I would use the Sprint file, but then I would be brought back to the Sprint splash screens as well.

Is there a workaround for this, or would you need to make a whole new file for Verizon? If so, attached is the Phone_LOGO for Verizon that I created. (I used 16 bit instead of 8 bit since it seamed to look a little better).

Thanks.
    You seem to have the story straight. Much like the current TMobile file, a Verizon file would really be totally home made.

/history
    There aren't really any TMobile T600s. The first bunch just sent out to TMobile corporate customers are all "unbranded" international versions. When the TMobile T600s go out to the general public later this month or next, we'll all see if TMobile customized it, or it's the same international version we've seen so far.

Months ago people were buying the first GSM T600s and using them on TMobile. Someone (I wish I knew who, so to thank him) created the TMobile graphics for the "Connecting" and "Disconnecting" screens and many of us started using them. As I recall, this was before AQUA, but I'm not sure of the exact timetable.
    /end history

You would do the same thing with the current AQUA Sprint overlay. It's the precise overlay for your Phone, but as you say, it will still have the Sprint screens. So you replace the two Sprint graphics with your Verizon graphics before you install it. If you want to be creative, you can rename the file to PhoneAQUA_VZW.prc (but remember that you have to change the internal filename as well as the external one, or it will revert when you install it. I mention this aspect earlier in the thread). Don't forget to remove the Phone_LOGO.prc file if you do this.

I'm sort of presuming that if you were able to create your own Verizon logos and then put them in a Phone_LOGO file, you'll be able to download the current PhoneAQUA_SPCS file from my site and then paste in your two Verizon graphics. This should all seem like a piece of cake compared to what you did to put the Sprint T600 on Verizon.

I'll put together a Verizon version and post it to my site later tonight anyway, even though there're probably only a half dozen or so people in the entire world with a Verizon T600

Bill S
    Originally posted by tvBilly
    I'll put together a Verizon version and post it to my site later tonight anyway, even though there're probably only a half dozen or so people in the entire world with a Verizon T600

Bill S
    Oh, I think you are sadly mistaken. There are easily 3 or 4 times that number.

Thanks!
    TvBilly, would it be possible for you to create a overlay that includes what you currently have PLUS the nifty signon/signoff that you can get in one of the old overlays?

I think many of us would like to get rid of our Sprint (and possibly other vendors) screens and have the nice blue single tower that Derek did.

-Rob
    Originally posted by Rob600
    TvBilly, would it be possible for you to create a overlay that includes what you currently have PLUS the nifty signon/signoff that you can get in one of the old overlays?

I think many of us would like to get rid of our Sprint (and possibly other vendors) screens and have the nice blue single tower that Derek did.

-Rob
    Per the information from tvBilly, I have created my own using the aqua graphics and the tower signon/off...with a reordered redial list. Per your request of tvBilly, I will help reduce his workload by providing you with the file...see attached...

Hope this works for everyone...I just simply pasted the images in and made the flag adjustment...
    Hi,

Using the derek aqua I realized the aqua favorites. I don't know how to edit prc files (prc explorer doesn't let you paste bmp) so i used the desktop skin editor that comes with skinner (www.79bmedia.com).

Please tell me wich prg U use to edit and modify prc files.
    Ciao

Ettore
    Now that we've (I've) figured out how easy it is to change the graphic, we could all be in trouble.

Here's Billy's SPCS version, with undithered Aqua buttons, but with a Flip (Handspring) signon and signoff graphic.

Fair warning: this is the first one I've done, so use at your own risk. But it's so easy I can't imagine what I could have done wrong.
    Last edited by meyerweb; 02/16/2004 at 11:50 AM.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    this version has all the features I wanted. I especially wanted the non dithered dial pad!!
    Gene
    Originally posted by Get-treo
    this version has all the features I wanted. I especially wanted the non dithered dial pad!!
    Don't give me much credit. TVBilly gets all the credit for figuring out the right way to do this. Brian Caslis gets credit for the graphics, and Jake Pratt gets credit for the tutorial on how to edit the .prc files and replace the graphics.

All I did was modify the graphics in the files raynmansf created. Thanks to all of you who are smarter than I am, and care enough to teach.
    Bob Meyer
    to everyone. I'm back to the same functionality as the old aqua/logo but only 1/3 the memory plus none dithered dial pad. Thank you for sharing your knowledge guys. Gotta love this forum.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    OK, here's a version of the Sprint file, with Aqua buttons for the dialer, my (slightly) customized Handspring Flip/Towers hello and goodbye screens, the re-ordered Call Log / Dial Pad entries and the Aqua style buttons that Ettore created using Skinner.

Gee, this is fun! And yet another way to waste time.
    Last edited by meyerweb; 02/16/2004 at 02:10 PM.
    Bob Meyer
    Forgot to attach the file:
    Bob Meyer
    Originally posted by meyerweb
    OK, here's a version of the Sprint file, with Aqua buttons for the dialer, my (slightly) customized Handspring Flip/Towers hello and goodbye screens, the re-ordered Call Log / Dial Pad entries and the Aqua style buttons that Ettore created using Skinner.

Haben't been able to find the message with the info on re-ordering Call Log / Dial Pad entries.

Can you share?

Regards
    --
    Manfred
    Originally posted by mani_lx

Haben't been able to find the message with the info on re-ordering Call Log / Dial Pad entries.

Can you share?

Regards
    It took me a while to find it, too. From TVBilly's post on 2-15-04 at 3:17 a.m.:

>>While you were there, you'd edit the cprf ID#1000 resource changing it from 00 01 00 02 to 00 01 00 01, which would order the "Redial List" the way you want.<<
    Bob Meyer
    is the filesize supposed to be around 125k?
    Originally posted by meyerweb

OK, here's a slightly different version. For these buttons, I took Derek's dial pad buttons, stretched them to fit the favorites button format, and made a darker copy of one to indicate the highlighted button. I think I like this one better.

If anyone wants to try this at home, the light color button goes in resource 1200 and 1203. The dark button goes in resource 1202. They are 80x26 pixels, uncompressed, 8 bit.

In this message I'm attaching the complete Sprint logo file, with TVBilly's updated Aqua buttons for the dial pad, my update of Billy's buttons for favorites, reordered Call log / dial pad, and my customized Handspring hello/goodbye screens. I'll attach just the favorites buttons in subsequent messages if anyone wants to do their own editing with them.
    Bob Meyer
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast