Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My GSM quicklaunch buttons work, in particular 1 to dial voicemail.
    re the one key launch, it appears that changing to a new overlay deletes the favorites database - just restored from backup and everything works as it should.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  3.    #43  
    Originally posted by mathewlu
    Hi TvBilly,

I think I've found a small issue. It seems as if the one-key shortcuts in the phone app don't work anymore. For ex, it used to be if you'd press and held the '1' key it would dial voicemail. You could also assign one launch keys to other favorties, etc. Now nothing happens; if I press and hold the '1' key I just get a '1'. Anybody else notice this?

Best,
    --Mathew
    Hmmm, doesn't happen for me; my one-key shortcuts (all two of them) work fine. Try pressing and holding the "1" key on the screen keypad and see what happens. Then try the same thing using the keyboard "1" and see what happens. You should also check in your favorites screens to make sure they still have one-key shortcuts set.

Bill S

ps See my note to ChemEngr below; you may have accidentally deleted your entire favorites database if you removed the old AQUA Phone.prc application. If this is the case, you should be able to restore it from your backup.
    Last edited by tvBilly; 02/13/2004 at 04:34 PM.
    Derek did a version of the favorites with new buttons called the 'Pro' version...it didn't look so good due to the dithering.
  5.    #45  
    Originally posted by ChemEngr
    re the one key launch, it appears that changing to a new overlay deletes the favorites database - just restored from backup and everything works as it should.
    There are two things I mentioned in another thread, but I should have mentioned it here too. Sorry.

Just installing the AQUA overlay won't delete your favorites.

The favorites "database" is "owned" by the Phone application. If you've installed the old version of AQUA that was built using a complete Phone.prc application (as well as the overlay), when you delete that old AQUA Phone application, you have to be careful NOT to delete the owned databases and preferences. If the program you're using to delete the old AQUA Phone.prc application doesn't offer you the choice of just deleting the application versus deleting the application and its databases and its preferences, it may well just delete them all. You should be able to restore your favorites via a hotsync if this happens, but:

If you've been using the old version of AQUA that was built using a complete Phone.prc application (as well as the overlay), you should also be aware that there is probably a copy if it (as well as the old AQUA overlay) in your "Backups" folder on your desktop computer. You need to make sure you don't restore it/them to your T600 when you hotsync!

Bill S
    By the way, I've been following this thread a bit and just took the plunge. It's nice to get that ~350K back (~240 from the old Phone and ~100 from the logo).

Very nice work!

How would I go about replacing the Welcome/Goodbye images? I dislike the Sprint Messages.

-Rob
    Originally posted by mathewlu
    Hi TvBilly,

I think I've found a small issue. It seems as if the one-key shortcuts in the phone app don't work anymore. For ex, it used to be if you'd press and held the '1' key it would dial voicemail. You could also assign one launch keys to other favorties, etc. Now nothing happens; if I press and hold the '1' key I just get a '1'. Anybody else notice this?

Best,
    --Mathew
    No it works fine on my Sprint T600.
    These are just incredible! They look so much better, and as an OSX Panther user, I love the aqua look. I'm used to having a gorgeous interface, at home at least. Can't say the same for my Win 2000 PC at work.
    This thread gives me a slight bit of hope on a totally different issue.

Maybe you can help me or point me in the right direction.

From what I've read it seems that you could (in theory) replace the entire phone application (or overide it... whatever) with another file you add to the RAM. Apparently at one point this was done to change the logos and buttons.

Then further down the thread I see that you're talking about flags and type identifiers etc., but you seem to be talking about changing binary code through a hex editor.

Is that right? Are you changing the call log functionality through a hex editor or something? I was hoping that somehow you had the source code for the phone app.

I was hoping you had the source code so that it could be changed slightly to give us the option to use our favorites screen as the default screen instead of only having the option to look at the dialpad or wallpaper.

Any ideas on what we could do to change this functionality?

Thanks,
    TechDude
  10.    #50  
    Originally posted by Rob600
    By the way, I've been following this thread a bit and just took the plunge. It's nice to get that ~350K back (~240 from the old Phone and ~100 from the logo).

Very nice work!

How would I go about replacing the Welcome/Goodbye images? I dislike the Sprint Messages.

-Rob
    You create or download the graphics you want, then you use a resource editor to paste them into the AQUA overlay file you're using, replacing the ones that are there.

Bill S
  11.    #51  
    Originally posted by TechDude
    This thread gives me a slight bit of hope on a totally different issue.

Maybe you can help me or point me in the right direction.

From what I've read it seems that you could (in theory) replace the entire phone application (or overide it... whatever) with another file you add to the RAM. Apparently at one point this was done to change the logos and buttons.

Then further down the thread I see that you're talking about flags and type identifiers etc., but you seem to be talking about changing binary code through a hex editor.

Is that right? Are you changing the call log functionality through a hex editor or something? I was hoping that somehow you had the source code for the phone app.

I was hoping you had the source code so that it could be changed slightly to give us the option to use our favorites screen as the default screen instead of only having the option to look at the dialpad or wallpaper.

Any ideas on what we could do to change this functionality?

Thanks,
    TechDude
    I wish I had the source code for Phone.prc. It would make lots of things easier! Yes, I am using a hex editor to make patches. In the AQUA stuff we're talking about in this thread, the patch was made to a preference resource in the Sprint overlay, which turned back on the display of call duration in the log. Unfortunately, I have no idea if changing the default startup Phone screen can be done with a change to a preference, or if a patch to the Phone.prc application itself is necessary. I have a home made disassembly of the Phone.prc application I used to make the DAAK patch (Disable Auto Answer Keys); if I get a chance, I'll see if there is any reasonable way to change the initial Phone screen, (but please don't hold your breath).

Bill S
    Glad to see you're looking into the connect/disconnect logo patching. I'm back to 350K memory because I can't stand looking at the fugly Sprint logo all the time. Anxiously waiting for your fix but as you said, not holding my breath.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  13.    #53  
    Originally posted by ChemEngr
    Glad to see you're looking into the connect/disconnect logo patching. I'm back to 350K memory because I can't stand looking at the fugly Sprint logo all the time. Anxiously waiting for your fix but as you said, not holding my breath.
    I'm actually not sure I understand what you're saying here... The "don't hold your breath" comment was about me figuring out how to get the Phone application to default to showing the Favorites screen first.

What brand of T600 are you using and what screens do you see that you don't want to? If you are using the latest version of AQUA_SPCS that I posted, you should have AQUA Phone buttons, the standard Favorites buttons, and the Sprint "Connecting" and "Disconnecting" screens. Is this not the case?

Or are you running a Sprint phone but don't want the standard Sprint "Connecting" and "Disconnecting" graphics?

Bill S
  14.    #54  
    Thanks to Peter Cohen for sending me a copy of the Phone_ATTW.prc overlay file; we now all have a customized AQUA version for AT&T T600 users. I've updated the primary message to include links to them, but to save you searching time, here are all the links, including the new ones for AT&T AQUA, right here:

PhoneAQUA for Sprint (prc)
    PhoneAQUA for Sprint (zip)

PhoneAQUA for TMobile (prc)
    PhoneAQUA for TMobile (zip)

PhoneAQUA for International (prc)
    PhoneAQUA for International (zip)

PhoneAQUA for AT&T Wireless (prc)
    PhoneAQUA for AT&T Wireless (zip)

If you have a Cingular or Orange T600, I'd love to get your Phone_XXXX.prc overlay file, so I can make an AQUA version that's customized for your phone. Please pmail (private mail) me a message here on the forum so I can give you an email address to send it to me. It's a tiny file, less than 10K when zipped.

Bill S
    Is it supposed to show me the call duration on my call log? all it is showing me is the time the call was made. Maybe I'm just confused...

EDITed:

Ultimately what I want is what I almost have. I have the radio tower connect/disconnect file in phoneLOGO.prc then I have the Aqua dialpad, but using Derek's phone.prc. So there is something I prefer about his version and that is when i look at my recent call list, the function one up from the top of the list is "Call log." When I went to the OEM version of phone.prc, it shows "dial pad" as one up, and then the one above that is "call log". I go to the call log a lot and think it should be fewer keystrokes by being the first up from the top of the list. Otherwise, I like it all the way it is...plus I would like the call duration on my log, without going into the details button.

I'm not asking too much I don't think.
    Last edited by raynmansf; 02/14/2004 at 07:25 PM.
    Originally posted by raynmansf
    Is it supposed to show me the call duration on my call log? all it is showing me is the time the call was made. Maybe I'm just confused...
    Click the "Details" button
    Mine has always shown call duration under the details button...in all versions of SPCS Phone.prc. I figured it would be an additional column in the log view with the hack.

What am I missing here? Or rather, do I have something that no one else has?
  18.    #58  
    Mine has always shown call duration under the details button...in all versions of SPCS Phone.prc. I figured it would be an additional column in the log view with the hack.

What am I missing here? Or rather, do I have something that no one else has?
    Did you have any other graphic modifications installed? Replacements for the carrier graphics? Did you install the Phone_LOGO.prc once and you've forgotten? Once the stock Sprint Phone overlay in ROM is overridden by one in RAM, you'll see the call log details. The overlay file in RAM does NOT have to be named the same as the one in ROM to override it...

Bill S
    got it...okay, so call log is now the 2nd function down in the calls list, which means it's 1 up from the first number...meaning easy access. And I have call duration, but I don't have my radio tower connect/disconn screens!! That's what I want...then we'd have it made.
    Last edited by raynmansf; 02/14/2004 at 08:18 PM.
  20.    #60  
    Ultimately what I want is what I almost have. I have the radio tower connect/disconnect file in phoneLOGO.prc then I have the Aqua dialpad, but using Derek's phone.prc. So there is something I prefer about his version and that is when i look at my recent call list, the function one up from the top of the list is "Call log." When I went to the OEM version of phone.prc, it shows "dial pad" as one up, and then the one above that is "call log". I go to the call log a lot and think it should be fewer keystrokes by being the first up from the top of the list. Otherwise, I like it all the way it is...plus I would like the call duration on my log, without going into the details button.

I'm not asking too much I don't think.
    You're asking way too much. It's easy to want something, and think it should be very easy to do; until you actually have to figure out how all this totally undocumented stuff really works, and how to change it, and then how to make it possible for others to do the same.

(The tongue doesn't stick out nearly enough on this smiley).

On the other hand, I thrive on helping people, and about an hour ago I figured out which flag controls the order of "Dial Pad" and "Call Log" in the pop-up "Redial List". So anyone can choose what order they want. In fact, it was your mention of the changing order a couple of messages back that motivated me to find the flag.

I also managed to figure out a way to get rid of the crappy dithering to the AQUA buttons in the "Dial Pad" screen, without having to run Colorize (yet another program hooking into the system) all the time.

So right now, my T600's Phone application does exactly what I want. I have the logo's I want, I have the buttons I want, the pop-up menu displays in the order I want, and the rare times I actually go into the Dial Pad screen, my AQUA buttons look great. Maybe most important, I am running the latest version of the Phone application, which is running from ROM, and I've only added one tiny overlay file to make it all happen. I can remove or replace or edit this overlay file, with little danger of messing up my T600. When there's an update the AQUA version to, for example, fix the dithering problem, anyone can just go on-line with their T600 and download the file to their Phone, and the fix is in effect. They don't even need to soft reset.

Good thing I like to share, huh.

I'll stop giving you a hard time now; I'm actually not annoyed, I'm smiling, and I did notice the smiley in your message.

Anyway, what you want amounts to a custom overlay file. I would much rather spend an hour or two teaching you how to do it yourself than the 15 minutes it would take me to make it. If you absolutely can't do it, I'll make you one under duress, but I just don't have the time (or desire) to make custom overlays for everyone.

Right now you are using an older version of the Phone application that's running from RAM, plus an overlay (also in RAM), and it's still not doing what you want. It would be much better if you got rid of the Phone.prc application in RAM, and just put all the stuff you want in a single overlay.

In your case, if you were doing it yourself, you'd carefully remove the Phone.prc file from RAM, following instructions so as to not accidentally delete your Favorites preferences, and your Call Log, etc. Then you'd move your Phone_LOGO.prc file to your SD card or your desktop. This would restore your Phone application to the pre-modification state. (Not your whole T600, just the Phone application). Then you'd download the latest version of the AQUA_SPCS overlay from my site (I think you said you had a Sprint T600), then you'd open it and the old Phone_LOGO.prc file in a palm resource editor, and copy the two tower screens you like from the LOGO file to the SPCS file. While you were there, you'd edit the cprf ID#1000 resource changing it from 00 01 00 02 to 00 01 00 01, which would order the "Redial List" the way you want.

Then you'd save it, and install it, and everything you wanted would just happen, and you'd be using a couple of hundred K less memory, and you'd be using a newer version of the Phone application, built right into your T600, and you'd have a more stable system.

I'll outline what I figured out in another message, either later tonight, or tomorrow. For those who can't wait, I've already updated the AQUA overlay files on my site with the fix for the "crappy dithered look". Just download the appropriate one and replace the one that's in your T600.

Bill S

ps. As far as "...plus I would like the call duration on my log, without going into the details button." You should start holding your breath now.
    Last edited by tvBilly; 02/15/2004 at 02:25 AM.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast