1.    #1  
    We are considering the GoodLink wireless gateway solution for our corporate email solution. Since we have a few Treo 600 users we may leverage this solution for our wireless email, calendaring, etc.

Anybody with experiences with Good out there?

thx
    jeff
    Originally posted by JMF0
    We are considering the GoodLink wireless gateway solution for our corporate email solution. Since we have a few Treo 600 users we may leverage this solution for our wireless email, calendaring, etc.

Anybody with experiences with Good out there?

thx
    jeff
    While I have NOT used GoodLink, I have heard that it is VERY expensive.

An fellow admin turned me on to this software package. It looks pretty sweet. I'm still trying to convince corp to write the check though

http://www.leederbyshire.com/Default.asp
    I brought Goodlink into my company and have been running on it for about 2 months now. Everyone who is using it loves it! I think it compares very well against Blackberry.

The cost of bringing in a server to connect to your Exchange server is not that bad. 5 seats are included with the initial setup. Every additional handheld is about $350 per year.

Provisioning new handhelds is a piece of cake.

I only have 2 complaints. (1) I prefer to use DateBk5 instead of their calendar app. I don't like how they take over the calendar conduit (but there are workarounds). (2) I don't like their Word and Excel doc view˜
    I have just started using Goodlink a couple of weeks ago and am also quite happy so far. I took my phone over to London and Goodlink has worked flawlessly over there.

One MAJOR caution--Bret talked about the way Goodlink's software takes over the calendar function--it also does that with phone contacts. When I installed Goodlink on the Treo, it covers over your normal calendar and contacts. I had not been using Outlook's contacts and calendars, just the internal Treo's, so the Goodlink software had no contacts or appointments in it, and there was no way to access the Treo's normal apps for those functions--even the icons get hidden.

After talking to Goodlink's tech support, I backed Goodlink's calendar and contacts programs up onto my SD card, then deleted the apps from the Treo. That caused my Treo calendar and contacts to show up--but all data had been wiped out! I had to do a hotsync from my laptop with the options set for the desktop to overwrite the handheld. That restored the data.

However, if you're in the Goodlink "desktop" and press the calendar hot button you still go to the Goodlink Calendar instead of the Treo's. If you're anywhere else other than a Goodlink app and press the calendar button you go to the Treo calendar.

Attachment handling is OK but a new version is due end of February that will allow detaching of attachments and saving onto SD card, which will be much better.

It's expensive, but it works very well.