1.    #1  
    Has anyone experienced any problems with incoming calls causing the phone to reset. I am pretty sure that this is related to some software that I may have installed on my phone. It will work fine for a while but then every call that comes in will cause the phone to soft reset.
    I have the same issue but, so far, only from one specific phone number. The number that causes the problem is my office number and is listed on my Business Card (for Beaming). EVERY time I call from the office it resets the phone. This is complicated by the fact that my office voicemail system automatically calls me every time I get a new message.

I tried overwriting the address DB in the Treo from my PC (I use Intellisync) and it made no difference.

The Treo is brand new and this problem did not occur prior to my restoring my files from a recent backup (also from a Treo, no reset problems on the old one). I suspect a corrupt file somewhere but was wondering if anyone could suggest a procedure for fixing this.

Thanks,
    Ski
    Last edited by skibumtx; 08/30/2004 at 03:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katahdin
    Has anyone experienced any problems with incoming calls causing the phone to reset. I am pretty sure that this is related to some software that I may have installed on my phone. It will work fine for a while but then every call that comes in will cause the phone to soft reset.
    do you use lightwav?
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    Do you use Profeo Light v0.9.2? That is exactly the behavior my Treo showed until I disabled this utility. The developer is currently working on a solution.
    I use neither.

I do use Takephone but, as I said, the backup that I used for this restore did not have a problem on the other phone (If that makes sense).

Ski
    OK,

I found the problem. It turns out that when I deleted the Favorite for my office phone number that the calls came through just fine. I then added it back to Favorites and it works fine again.

Somehow the Favortie got corrupted and casued a reset whenever a call came FROM the number listed.

Wow,

Ski
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    The same thing happened to me today. I had just installed a new version of Aventgo and Audiobooks. Every call caused a reset. I did a hard reset and reinstalled everything execpt Aventgo and Audiobooks and it is working. Now, however, a lot of calls aren't being picked up and go to voicemail. Is it my phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by skibumtx
    OK,

I found the problem. It turns out that when I deleted the Favorite for my office phone number that the calls came through just fine. I then added it back to Favorites and it works fine again.

Somehow the Favortie got corrupted and casued a reset whenever a call came FROM the number listed.

Wow,

Ski

Well, I thought I had it figured out, now other numbers are causing resets. The difference is that now I actually push the Answer button before the reset occurs.

I took my Treo back today. I guess I'll wait (and wait, and wait - I'm on Verizon) to see if the Ace is any more stable - I think that dedicated answer and hangup buttons may go a long way toward resolving the issues that were dogging me.

Ski
    I had this same problem but had a different solution! As soon as I installed the latest firmware from the website, the unit stopped resetting itself when calls came in....
    Happened to me quite a bit when I was trying out TakePhone. Got rid of
    it and the problem went away. I know there are lot of people here use TakePhone,
    so it cant be the app all on it's own. As much as I liked it, I can do without it.