Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    LightWav 1.0 is now officially released.

http://www.toysoft.ca/lightwav.html

Purchase it now. Introductory offer will end this week!!

Next version of Lightwav for Treo600 will include individual ringtones! Free upgrades for a year!

What is LightWav?

Have you ever wanted to replace the Palm« system alarm sound or the Treo600 ringtone and sms/mms/voicemail sounds with wave, mp3 or ogg file? Ever wanted to wake up and hear your favorite song in the morning? Now you can with LightWav. LightWav allows you to associate any uncompressed wave file, mp3 or ogg (requires PocketTunes) file to any application. When the application's alarm is triggered, LightWav will play the sound file then optionally let the application sound the alarm. LightWav works with all applications with alarms.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Thanks for making this application available. I can't believe Handspring forgot to have this application shipped with the Treo.
    I've never owned a "regular" phone, and never will.

Handspring Visorphone, Handspring Treo 180, Handspring Treo 600, PalmOne Treo 650....
    Smiley88,

Any chance I can get you to change the way you currently assign a custom folder for ringtones. Currently, You have to type in a file path. This is a problem because thanks to a post in another thread I have been able to find a great workaround to play mp3s from RAM. Using RamDisk you can partition a portion of your RAM to use as a memory card. Most programs (including Ptunes) will recognize it as a memory card. This is a great solution but I can't figure out the correct path to type in order to access the songs on the RamDisk. The interface of a competing program is setup to assign a folder by browsing through directories. So as long as you can navigate to a folder then you can assign the folder. No more issues with unmounted SD cards!!!

Thanks for listening.
    Here is a really cool trick/tip for this app.

If you want to have a random ringer for calls, but use fixed sounds for other alerts (MMS/SMS/Voicemail) and you do not want thoes to be played when you recieve a phone call... Here is what I did:

I place all the "Alerts" in "\palm\audio\alerts". I then set LightWAV to that directory. I assign the fixed sounds that I want.

I place all the "Ringers" in "\palm\audio\ringers" and set the RingTones to Random... NOW it will play a random song for EVERY phone call!!! How cool is THAT!!!
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    I have the same problem with both LightWav and Call Filter (with MP3's).

When I answer a call, my caller hears about a second of music. Not really professional...particularly if I have AC/DC or Rush as my Ringer...
  6.    #6  
    Try the new version. it should be fixed. you can turn off the sound by pressing the up/down key on the left side or press the center button on the 5way to answer the call.
    How about for those that have already purchased? Is this release version the same as the build 31 that was sent out or is it different?

Update: Oops, I finally looked at the link so I assume that this must be the same version.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Well, I wanted to try this thing out finally, and I'm already stuck. It just won't list the mp3 files in the demo version.

I've tried greater than 1MB, less than 1MB, tried different naming conventions, and rescanned 'Entire card' until I'm blue in the face. I just can't make it do it. Is there something I'm missing or is the demo crippled further than the readme implies?

Btw, it lists the three wav files I loaded on the SD card just fine. Also, ptunes sees and plays the mp3 files without fail.

Someone wanna hand me a clue here?

Jeff
    Originally posted by smiley88
    Try the new version. it should be fixed. you can turn off the sound by pressing the up/down key on the left side or press the center button on the 5way to answer the call.
    1.0 #2004.031 ?
    Love it but just sent this to their support folks --

Very nice job with this app. Just purchased it and am quite pleased with everything save one minor complaint and I'm not even sure if its fixable.

I currently have Snapper mail set to auto download from my POP3 account every hour or so. If I set Lightwav to trigger on Snapper, apparently it gets triggered when Snapper goes to do the auto download and not when it goes to put up its "new mail" notification dialog (i.e. the sound plays whether new mail has been received or not). Is this fixable at all or does Lightwav trigger based on the alarm that Snapper is using to wake itself up and thus there's no way to distinguish?

Rob
    -- time is never wasted when you're wasted at the time
  11.    #11  
    If you didn't read the manual then here is how lwav treat waves vs mp3/ogg

In LightWav prefs if you have "Always use PocketTunes" CHECKED then Lightwav will only show mp3/ogg and wave files on the card. remember that PocketTunes can not play compressed wave files.

If you have "Always use PocketTunes" UNCHECKED then Lightwav will use its internal wave player. It will not list any mp3/ogg files but it will list wave files in RAM.

in the demo you can not have files greater than 1meg.

hope this helps. if not send email to support@toysoft.ca
    Got an almost immediate reply from Danny at Toysoft re: Lightwav and Snapper.

Basically they'll look into a workaround on the issue if it is at all fixable. Again, absolutely wonderful product and great support as well!

Rob
    If you didn't read the manual then here is how lwav treat waves vs mp3/ogg
    Somehow I figured you'd pull an RTFM on me. I'll have you know, I DID RTFM many times, and while I'm appreciative of your response, I'm gonna lob that right back at you. There are three problems with that response:

1) It isn't in the manual. Regarding the "Always use pockettunes option" the manual simply states (on page 13):

"If this is checked then Lightwav will always use PocketTunes to play the sound file. Note that PocketTunes can not play compressed wave files. If you compressed waves in the sound list then during Random play PocketTunes will not play them that thus (sic) you will miss your appointment or the incoming call."

I see nothing there about "Lightwav will not list mp3 files with this option checked/unchecked". There are lots of ways to compress a wav (and even keep as it as a wav), so if you meant mp3/ogg in the manual, probably best to state that explicitly. Further, while the manual states it won't play the file, it says nothing about showing up in the list of available files.

In LightWav prefs if you have "Always use PocketTunes" CHECKED then Lightwav will only show mp3/ogg and wave files on the card. remember that PocketTunes can not play compressed wave files.
    2. In the demo version I have here (downloaded last night about an hour before I posted, there is no "always use pockettunes" option. Perhaps you could check if the demo version is as updated as the full version?

If you have "Always use PocketTunes" UNCHECKED then Lightwav will use its internal wave player. It will not list any mp3/ogg files but it will list wave files in RAM.
    3. The manual states on page 11 regarding PocketTunes that:

"LightWav will always use PocketTunes to play MP3 file."

If you've updated the software such that it has an internal mp3 player, might wanna put that in the manual.

hope this helps. if not send email to support@toysoft.ca
    I'd rather keep the discussion public to help anyone else having this problem. I searched at length for this on the board before posting and it doesn't seem anyone has posted a solution before.

Again, I appreciate your response, and I look forward to using your software. Thanks,

Jeff
    I agree with Jeff. LightWav is a very cool a°
    Hit again by the "posting from Blazer" bug. Sorry.
  16.    #16  
    Originally posted by sysvr4

Somehow I figured you'd pull an RTFM on me. I'll have you know, I DID RTFM many times, and while I'm appreciative of your response, I'm gonna lob that right back at you. There are three problems with that response:

1) It isn't in the manual. Regarding the "Always use pockettunes option" the manual simply states (on page 13):

"If this is checked then Lightwav will always use PocketTunes to play the sound file. Note that PocketTunes can not play compressed wave files. If you compressed waves in the sound list then during Random play PocketTunes will not play them that thus (sic) you will miss your appointment or the incoming call."

I see nothing there about "Lightwav will not list mp3 files with this option checked/unchecked". There are lots of ways to compress a wav (and even keep as it as a wav), so if you meant mp3/ogg in the manual, probably best to state that explicitly. Further, while the manual states it won't play the file, it says nothing about showing up in the list of available files.

2. In the demo version I have here (downloaded last night about an hour before I posted, there is no "always use pockettunes" option. Perhaps you could check if the demo version is as updated as the full version?

3. The manual states on page 11 regarding PocketTunes that:

"LightWav will always use PocketTunes to play MP3 file."

If you've updated the software such that it has an internal mp3 player, might wanna put that in the manual.

I'd rather keep the discussion public to help anyone else having this problem. I searched at length for this on the board before posting and it doesn't seem anyone has posted a solution before.

Again, I appreciate your response, and I look forward to using your software. Thanks,

Jeff
    HI Jeff,

I agreed the manual needs some work. In the introduction in the manual it does say it requires PTunes for mp3/ogg sound files.

Lightwav will determine if PTunes is installed and if it is not then NO pTunes options are avail in the Prefs. maybe that is why you don't see the choices.

You might already have PTunes installed but maybe older version? PTunes v2.1 and higher is required.

By default PTunes if installed Lwav will always use PTunes unless you check it off in the Prefs.

Lwav does not have a internal MP3 player. It can only play wave files.
    the problem i have with lightwav is my voicemail notifications suddenly goes for no reason and i have no voicemail.
    Originally posted by robotzebra
    Got an almost immediate reply from Danny at Toysoft re: Lightwav and Snapper.

Basically they'll look into a workaround on the issue if it is at all fixable. Again, absolutely wonderful product and great support as well!

Rob
    Rob,

I concur with your observation and comments. Great support and feedback from the developer(s)!!

I'd actually sent a similar e-mail to ToySoft over this last weekend. The developer (Danny) replied a few hours later and acknowledged the issue and mentioned a workaround would be forthcoming.

Love this app!

aolumide.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    Any ETA on assigning ringtones to individuals? I know it is going to be in the next release, btu I thought I would play senior manager and request a date of completion for a feature that you are still trying to figure out
    Rob,

I concur with your observation and comments. Great support and feedback from the developer(s)!!

I'd actually sent a similar e-mail to ToySoft over this last weekend. The developer (Danny) replied a few hours later and acknowledged the issue and mentioned a workaround would be forthcoming.

Love this app!

aolumide

aolumide,

I did sort of find a workaround although I'm not sure I'm entirely happy with it. If you trigger Lightwav off of TreoAlertMgr, and set TreoAlert to have something like a 60s nag interval, it'll at least play a sound when Snapper comes up with a new mail alert. It'll also obviously KEEP playing the sound every 60s so there is the chance of pretty severe battery drain (which is why I've limited TreoAlertMgr to only nag between 9am and 6pm). Also, obviously TreoAlert will play the same sound on any alert notification including SMS and voicemail.

Eh... will work for now until Toysoft can figure out if its possible to add this functionality into Lightwav.

Rob
Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast