Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    An SMS comes in, I don't hear it. Typically the Treo would remind me of the message with an audible tone every so often. With Lwav all I get is the vibrating reminder.

How do I set up lwav to audibly remind me of missed SMS messages?

K
    You need something like TAM or TreoButler to remind you after the fact. LW only tells you of the initial instance of a call, voicemail, sms, mms, etc.
    Originally posted by Alli
    You need something like TAM or TreoButler to remind you after the fact. LW only tells you of the initial instance of a call, voicemail, sms, mms, etc.
    BUMMER!

Otherwise I have no complaints with the program. I don't seem to be having the buggy problems that others are reporting.

K
    I'm sure someone else has used LightWav this way but here's how I'd like to use it:

Record wav files announcing the particular caller you'd like to ID

Attach those wav files to the contact(s) you'd like to voice ID

Use LightWav's internal wav player so as not to interfere with Ptunes playlist - De-Select "Always use PocketTunes" (eg: if I'm listening to music when the phone rings)

When I do this, I have several problems...

LightWav only plays the wav file once using the internal player. The caller ID should be repeated every few seconds until answered or ringing stops.

PTunes seems to be activated even though it doesn't play the wav file. The background console comes up after a call even though I wasn't using PTunes.

Anyone else trying the same thing?

MP3 Ringtones are cool but I'd rather make it more of a tool.
    Originally posted by friswell

LightWav only plays the wav file once using the internal player. The caller ID should be repeated every few seconds until answered or ringing stops.

When playing straight from RAM, for technical reasons, the wav file only plays once.

K
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I am also trying to run my own wav file I recorded to use as a caller id but I keep getting the following message:

Error creating the stream. Error code: 0807.
  7.    #147  
    If you get this error msg: Error creating the stream. Error code: 0807.

this is because the wave is compressed. try saving the wave to PCM 8/16bit signed atleast 11khz. The treo600 can't play compressed files.

read the lwav manual on how to convert waves to ram.
  8.    #148  
    HI folks! version 1.2.1 was sent out just now. It fixes some bugs that was introduced in the 1.2. Also individual/group contacts has been reworked and works alot better now. Individual ringtones now overrides group ringtones

New demo is also posted on our website www.toysoft.ca
    Originally posted by smiley88
    HI folks! version 1.2.1 was sent out just now. It fixes some bugs that was introduced in the 1.2. Also individual/group contacts has been reworked and works alot better now. Individual ringtones now overrides group ringtones

New demo is also posted on our website www.toysoft.ca
    Hey Smiley88!

Thanks for the fix to the SnapperMail alerts. My auto-fetch voice alerts are rolling!! Lightwav ROCKS!

Your responsiveness to fixing issues is to be HIGHLY commended. Thanks again!

Cheers,

aolumide
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    Hey Smiley,
    This new version looks great. However when I install it on my Treo 600 and then use the default sounds it does not pick them up at all. When I look at "Sounds" there is nothing there? Even though I hotsynced the wav files over to my Treo 600? Does the demo not run sounds from the RAM? I do not have card installed?
  11.    #151  
    make sure you set the search path to "entire card" in lwav prefs. the demo can not see files greater than 1 meg.
    None of my files are bigger than 1mb and I put search entire card. I am not using a card though, I syncing them into RAM is that not allowed in the Demo?
  13.    #153  
    Originally posted by Mr_Blonde
    None of my files are bigger than 1mb and I put search entire card. I am not using a card though, I syncing them into RAM is that not allowed in the Demo?
    ok. that would explain it. you can only hotsync the examples in the Treo600 folder that are .pdb files. after you sync them goto lwav and uncheck "always use pocketTunes" if its checked or tap on the Refresh button in the Sound tab.
    That fixed it! I hope this 1.2 version is as good as it sounds!
    I wish Lightwav could play midi files as well. I have some midi files and MP3 files that I like equally.
    check out http://www.tavisjohn.com/treo600 there is a Tips section. Check out the "Lightwave and Midi" tip. There you will find a way of mixing MIDI ringers and MP3 files.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
  17.    #157  
    Howdy All!

I bring you good news from far far away about playing mp3 in RAM. In co-operations with NormSoft, PTunes now plays MP3 in RAM. We have lwav working playing MP3 in ram in any size of course limit to ram space. We will release 1.3 update soon. We are not sure when PocketTunes 3.2 will be released. I'm sure the guys at Normsoft can give a beta if you are registered.
    Awesome! Collaboration is a wonderful thing for the entire Treo community.
  19.    #159  
    FYI, Lightwav 2.1 was sent to all registered users. if you have not received the update please send email to support@toysoft.ca

A formal public release will be posted in the next couple of days.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Sooo How long till we can start braging about its features? LOL
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast