Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by smiley88
    HI All, the reason that we added the volume to the lwav prefs is because TOO many users are uncleared where the volume is too low and don't understand how to set the phone volume, alarm volume. it was just too confusing.

I will revert back to the old volume method because I too fine it nice and really easy to set the volume.
    Great! Soon? (I hope)
    Re: Lightwave & Today

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by smazhar
    Hi smiley88,

I have Lightwave 1.1a installed with Today on my GSM Treo600. Whenever the phone is on, Lightwave enabled & Today is set on "always run", the screen lights up every few minutes on its own.

However, if any one of the above is off, the screen stays off! This started happening since I installed Lightwave.

Any ideas on why this could be happening?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hmmm.. could it be that lwav some how received some events.
    if you remove or disable Today does it happen?

Smiley, I removed Today & installed Facer. No problem at all. Seems Today was the culprit.
    The mp3 alarm I have set for DateBk5 goes off when the phone turns on. It does NOT go off if the Treo stays in "Wireless Mode Off" after a reset. I removed the alarm, started the phone, and no music played. Then I added the alarm again but this time used a wav file and it played when I turned the phone function back on just like the mp3 alarm did.

If it matters, I am using a Sprint phone and I have the hacked phone prc that allows me to see my use during a call. The version of Datebk5 I am using is 5.1a, si. I am using the 1.1a version of LightWav.
  4.    #124  
    hi,

actually datebk5 posts an alarm whenever you reset you palm and lwav will intercept it. we've fixed this problem before in wavAlarms. I will double check to see if the fix is migrated over to Lightwav.
  5.    #125  
    don't think there is much we can do right now because each time you get a new voicemail event lightwave will handle the event. let us see what we can do.
    Well I must admit that I didn't think to take out the SD card and choose entire card for the directory. It works to play ringers from RAM. Now I doesn't seem I can easily go back to the SD card but I am happy because I wouldn't use ringers from the SD card anyway. I'll just use the SD card to store a bunch of ringers but I will move the ones I want to use right now to RAM.

I also found out that the random ringtones isn't random at all. It plays the ringers in a rotation. I actually like that better. That way I will hear all my ringers fairly frequently.

I'm happy with the features now. Once you tie the lwav ringer volume back in with the system ringer volume then you won't here from me anymore. Unless I find a bug.

Oh yeah. i'm not really intereste in using lwav with alot of other apps but i am interested in using it with snappermail. A you've got mail alert would be pretty cool. I will probably test Agendus out a little later since that is supported.

Thanks for the help Smiley and everyone else. Now I will buy RamDisk also.
    Now that I think about it some way to select a different directory for the different types of alerts would be great. How about a directory for ringers (which are generally longer tones) and a directory for voicemail/alarm alerts (which are generally short tones). That way I can set random for both and not have to worry about getttin a long alert for a voicemail.

Here I go again with my suggestions.

Smiley if you listen to me you will have the best app on the market for any handheld.
    Ahhh but you can! Sort of... LightWav remembers not just the file name, but the entire directory structor when you assign a ringer. Here, I'll explain... (This is what I do)

In the LightWav preferences set your directory to "audio/alerts"
    Then set the individual alerts for SMS, MMS, and E-Mail

Then change the directory to "audio/custom" and assign the custom ringer to each individual user.

Then change the directory to "audio/ringers" and set the default ringer to random (You do not have to do this, but I did, because I could not make up my mind).

Now keep in mind that the Random feature will use whatever the preferences say at the moment. In other words if I change the directory to "audio/alerts" to change an alert, and I forget to change the directory the next incomming call will be randomly selected from the "audio/alerts" directory instead of the "audio/ringers" directory.

However I would like to see a browse feature in LightWav... Maybe in a soon-to-be-released version.... (Sorry we want more features! LOL)
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Bought and installed the program today at work. Very nice program.
    SnapperMail. Still no news, except that TS/Danny is working on it or thinking about it. To me it's not clear which.
    Originally posted by kayden75
    a thought for future releases...

I would love to be able to assign ringtones by

A) selecting a palm category/group and use the same ring for the entire group

B) select multiple contacts and apply the same ring to all of them.
    I absolutely love this idea. I make judicious use of categories in my contacts, and if I could assign a single mp3 to a group of contacts, it would just make my day.

Seems it would be relatively trivial to implement too, given that individual contacts appears to be done. What say you toysoft, a possibility?

Jeff
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Originally posted by BigTreo
    Well I must admit that I didn't think to take out the SD card and choose entire card for the directory. It works to play ringers from RAM. Now I doesn't seem I can easily go back to the SD card but I am happy because I wouldn't use ringers from the SD card anyway. I'll just use the SD card to store a bunch of ringers but I will move the ones I want to use right now to RAM.

I also found out that the random ringtones isn't random at all. It plays the ringers in a rotation. I actually like that better. That way I will hear all my ringers fairly frequently.

I'm happy with the features now. Once you tie the lwav ringer volume back in with the system ringer volume then you won't here from me anymore. Unless I find a bug.

Oh yeah. i'm not really intereste in using lwav with alot of other apps but i am interested in using it with snappermail. A you've got mail alert would be pretty cool. I will probably test Agendus out a little later since that is supported.

Thanks for the help Smiley and everyone else. Now I will buy RamDisk also.

How much can I store on Ramdisk? I have never used this before.
    Please dont flame, me, but the issue of playing a couple of seconds music LOUDLY at the caller after answering, is there any chance I can stop this happening, I have read through this thread, but at 6+pages it goes on a bit...
    Bought the latest release but I thought this would have been debugged by now?
    Originally posted by hova

How much can I store on Ramdisk? I have never used this before.

I believe up to 8 MBs. I have mine set at 4 MBs. I am currently using about 800k per ringer but that is encoded at 192 kbps. I think I will lower them to 128 kbps to get more.
    Originally posted by scudder
    Please dont flame, me, but the issue of playing a couple of seconds music LOUDLY at the caller after answering, is there any chance I can stop this happening, I have read through this thread, but at 6+pages it goes on a bit...
    Bought the latest release but I thought this would have been debugged by now?
    Hit the volume rocker and stop the music before answering.
    ...hit the center button. It will stop the ringtone and answer the call without the other end hearing it.
    Getting a lot of fun out of the programme now, thanks. Have you had a look at the voicemail thing, or is that going to be a troublesome issue. I am on Orange UK.
    I'm having a bizarre result when I assign a WAV to an SMS event.

If I have "Always use PTunes" checked, the WAV plays when an SMS comes in but when the WAV ends, the Treo goes into "lock" mode and shuts off the screen.

If I have "Always use PTunes" unchecked, the WAV plays and then halfway through the WAV it stops playing, but the Treo does not go into lock mode.

Anyone else experiencing this? It occurs with WAVs of long or short length.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Maybe I missed this, but can Lightwave trap a Sprint Business Connect incoming mail event? It's not appearing on the list of applications, as far as I can tell...
    This has happened to me three times now: I have an MP3 file assigned to the phone app as well as individual ringtones for particular callers. Whenever I get a call from a caller without a specific ringtone, the MP3 starts to play, I hit the center button, and BOOM, the phone instantly restarts (and, of course, I miss the call). To make matters worse, the reboot prevents the call from going into the log, so I don't even know who called.

I've also been getting a large number (2-3 times a day) of random spontaneous reboots sonce installing lwave, but since the T600 has always done that every other day or so, I have no idea if this is caused by Lwave.

So is there a fix for either of these issues?
    Regards,

Robert
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast