Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415
    I just downloaded mp3ringer to give it a try, I'm currently using Lightwav, and I can't find where to assign a certain ringer to a group of individuals. For example, I have a different ringer for each category in my contacts database. Does mp3ringer support this?
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    Pretty sure I read that mp3ringer only supports individual contact ringtones and not group ringtones.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    We know alot of lightwav users who are very frustrated in getting lightwav to work properly. Lightwav is a very complex internally and it is very hard to get everything working properly. There are some much features in lwav that small bugs will cause lwav not to work properly.

With all said and done about lightwav (you hated or love it) we have decided to release a LITE version of LightWav that does only one thing. Play wav/mp3 ringtones. the lite version still requires pocketTunes but it is 100 times less complex and more stable. There are no picture or video callerID, no cool features just play wav/mp3 ringtone for contact and events. Simpified user interface.

If you like to test the lite version please send email to support@toysoft.ca

We will gladly switch current lwav owners to the lite version for free if this what you want when it is official released.

Thanks for all your support!
    I AM very frustrated with LightWav and I am even more frustrated with this response.

When I first decided to try LightWav, I had been using MIDI's for about a year with TCRinger and had built up a large library for my contacts. I knew I couldn't just replace them all overnight with MP3's because first I would have to have to rip the tracks I wanted, and then find an MP3 editor to cut them down to ringtone size. This was going to be an extended process and when I saw that LightWav supported MIDI I thought great - I can migrate my contacts to MP3 at my leisure, it'll be no problem. So I tried the eval version and the MIDI's worked so I threw my bucks down and purchased it.

So when I first started using LightWav, I began reading this thread and saw a comment by Smiley stating that using MIDI's instead of MP3's might be an issue. It was working fine for me so I ignored the advice. Not that I had much choice. If it was that big of an issue I was sure Toysoft would not have advertised MIDI support right? And if there was a bug, I was sure that they were working hard to fix it soon being it was probably an important feature for most people.

So as I kept adding MIDI contacts and had finally gotten around to creating MP3's small enough to assign some, LightWav seemed to go haywire. Now I'm missing calls and don't know what to do with it. Uninstalling and re-installing doesn't seem to fix anything and I find that preferences from previous installs are still lying around when I start the re-installed program. I'm lost with it and missing calls.

When I heard about the last update that came out, I thought GREAT! - Maybe it's more stable now. Maybe they fixed all these problems. To my disappointment, Toysoft concentrated on ADDING features instead of fixing problems. And questionable features at that. I mean, great, I can have my Treo make a noise when it ejects the SD card, or play a ringtone when I CALL someone or, but I still can't HEAR the proper ringtone (sometimes ANY ringtone) WHEN I GET A CALL- ON MY PHONE!!

I feel like LightWav is a product that I bought, realizing it was a work in progress, because I wanted to support the company that had championed bringing MP3 ringtones to the Treo. I thought the purchase money would go towards developmental efforts to stablilize what I had purchased and finish it. Instead, it seems like Toysoft is just concentrating all their programming efforts on adding more features to Lightwav to draw in more purchases.

And now this announcement is like, oh, all these extra features we promised when you entered your credit card info have made the code become too big to maintain. Forget about them. If you want something that works, just take this stripped down version that only plays MP3/WAV ringtones instead and leave us alone about all Lightwav's bugs.

I feel betrayed.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    why someone have problems with lightwav and some don't?

i agree if everyone has the same issues, toysoft should fix the problem. if it only happens to some individual, it is hard for toysoft to resolve the problem. may be some of the apps do not work well with each other?
    The current version im using only has one anoying issue.. All I want is mp3/wav ringtones and an mp3/wav alarm for email.. Thats it. However with the latest version I get a random sound whenever I dial a contact, sometimes i get no sound, other times it plays one of the .wav/mp3 files. If this was fixed Id have no need to upgrade lwav again. I'd be happy.

untill then, im not hehehe smiley please fix this bug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Pretty sure I read that mp3ringer only supports individual contact ringtones and not group ringtones.
    If MP3Ringer Had Group support I would switch over, but til then I am dealing with LightWav.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  7.    #287  
    Quote Originally Posted by zone97
    The current version im using only has one anoying issue.. All I want is mp3/wav ringtones and an mp3/wav alarm for email.. Thats it. However with the latest version I get a random sound whenever I dial a contact, sometimes i get no sound, other times it plays one of the .wav/mp3 files. If this was fixed Id have no need to upgrade lwav again. I'd be happy.

send us email for the fix to support@toysoft.ca
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Sent...
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zone97

I'm having that same issue with 3.1a. I'm also occasionally having the wrong .mp3 being played for a contact. I would go back to the stable 3.0. But I'm on the road and don't have it on my laptop.
  10.    #290  
    wav/ogg/mp3 ringtone manager mp3Ringer now supports the Treo650 and Tree600.

custom contact and group ringtones.

check it out www.toysoft.ca/mp3ringer.html

Lightwav 5.0 coming soon...
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415