Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
    i recommend doing like me and going down to 3.0, and wait for toysoft to release the next edition
    Which "Event" controls the sound that is played when new mail is received by SnapperMail? I have version 3.1#2004.092 installed
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    if you dont use alarms feature goto the general prefs and turn off the Alarms and goto the treo prefs->more prefs and check to disable email hack.
    Cool, If it saves me battery life and has no adverse affects, I'm all for it. Thanks for the constant updates. I'm sure it's a b!tch to come up with a new release to only open up a whole new set of bugs. It's appreciated.
  4.    #264  
    Quote Originally Posted by blockburner2700
    Which "Event" controls the sound that is played when new mail is received by SnapperMail? I have version 3.1#2004.092 installed
    you probably need verison #94. this is what you do

1 in the Alarms tab screen assign a sound to the Snapper app
    2 in snappermail prefernce check to notify you by sound and set the alarm to "silent"
    3. make sure the alarm is not disabled in general prefs and in more Prefs in the treo prefs.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  5.    #265  
    Quote Originally Posted by HailRedskins
    Cool, If it saves me battery life and has no adverse affects, I'm all for it. Thanks for the constant updates. I'm sure it's a b!tch to come up with a new release to only open up a whole new set of bugs. It's appreciated.
    yes, if you dont need your palm while you are talking then its ok for lwav to turn off the backlite. lwav will turn it back on after you hangup.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  6.    #266  
    We know alot of lightwav users who are very frustrated in getting lightwav to work properly. Lightwav is a very complex internally and it is very hard to get everything working properly. There are some much features in lwav that small bugs will cause lwav not to work properly.

With all said and done about lightwav (you hated or love it) we have decided to release a LITE version of LightWav that does only one thing. Play wav/mp3 ringtones. the lite version still requires pocketTunes but it is 100 times less complex and more stable. There are no picture or video callerID, no cool features just play wav/mp3 ringtone for contact and events. Simpified user interface.

If you like to test the lite version please send email to support@toysoft.ca

We will gladly switch current lwav owners to the lite version for free if this what you want when it is official released.

Thanks for all your support!
    Will the Lite version support Snappermail 2.0?
    Handspring Visor w/Sprint Mobile Card --> Sprint Treo 300 --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 755p
    yes thats all i really wanted..
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
  9.    #269  
    Quote Originally Posted by blockburner2700
    Will the Lite version support Snappermail 2.0?
    Like i said. it only does wav/mp3 ringtones and nothing else.

Lightwav supports snapperMail 2.0 fine. you might not have the latest version.
    So I upgraded to 3.1 and I'm somehow unable to get the alarm feature working. I've set it up as directed. Am I missing something? The sound plays when I test it in "play sound" and the phone does vibrate as I've set it to in the phone prefs. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Also, I noticed that Lightwav is calling to "Date Book" in the alarm section whereas the Treo refers to it as Calendar. Is that an issue?
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    one question, will the light version play wav/mp3 for sms aswell or just ringtones?
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    the mp3s play just fine for SMS and ringtones
    thats on lite yeah?
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    nope, running the full updated version

edit: so it turns out you need to actually enable a silent tone in the phone's sound prefs for the calendar, you can't just turn it off ....
    Last edited by ivyrose; 09/24/2004 at 01:37 PM.
    i upgraded to 3.1, and my contact ringtone does not work.

test case:
    i setup my home number in the contact and assigned a mp3 ringtone with it.
    i assign another mp3 ringtone under Treo --> Ringtone.

When I try to call my cell from my home landline, the Caller ID shows and identified as one of the contacts in my treo, but it does not play the pre-assigned mp3 ringtone for the contact. it plays the pre-assigned ringtone for Treo --> Ringtone.

I tried to play with different options and i got no where to go

Any helps would be very helpful.
  16.    #276  
    Lite version of LightWav beta called mp3Ringer has been released.

here is the link www.toysoft.ca/mp3ringer.html

If you have problems with lightwav we will allow you to replace lightwav with mp3Ringer for free when mp3Ringer is officially released to the public.
    thanks but i think i will hang on the lightwav 3.1 because it gives me more features than the lite, and i really like features such as assigning ringtone to mms, sms... etc from 3.1

also thanks for providing support to my Q which i sent to your support email.
  18.    #278  
    mp3Ringer 1.0 is now officially released.

you can get it at www.toysoft.ca/mp3ringer.html

if you are a lightwav registered owner and would like to switch to mp3Ringer send us email to support@toysoft.ca once switched you will not receive anymore updates to lightwav
    What are the differences between Lightwav and Mp3Ringer??
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    Quote Originally Posted by techiechick
    What are the differences between Lightwav and Mp3Ringer??
    i quote it from reply #266 here

"
    We know alot of lightwav users who are very frustrated in getting lightwav to work properly. Lightwav is a very complex internally and it is very hard to get everything working properly. There are some much features in lwav that small bugs will cause lwav not to work properly.

With all said and done about lightwav (you hated or love it) we have decided to release a LITE version of LightWav that does only one thing. Play wav/mp3 ringtones. the lite version still requires pocketTunes but it is 100 times less complex and more stable. There are no picture or video callerID, no cool features just play wav/mp3 ringtone for contact and events. Simpified user interface.

If you like to test the lite version please send email to support@toysoft.ca

We will gladly switch current lwav owners to the lite version for free if this what you want when it is official released.

Thanks for all your support!