Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    FYI, you can install LightsOut and assign it to a hard key. after you are connected with the caller you can press the hardkey to turn off your phone. Alternatively you can launch LightsOut from the launcher to turn off the screen.

see attachment.
    I tried this last night. LightWav did NOT turn off my screen automatically, so a few minutes into my call I went to the menu and clicked LightsOut. It worked like SandMan...that is, it blanked the screen, but then I couldn't hear the person I was talking to. But that was ok, cause the screen didn't stay off anyway. <sigh>
    After several months of hearing mostly raves, I started playing with Lightwav last night. My question is this: Can I mix and match between MP3/WAV ringers and the standard system ringtones?

Right now I've only assigned an MP3 to one group, and left the rest as regular ringers. But I'm getting both ringers simultaneously when someone from that group calls. If I set sound prefs to off or silent, I'll miss all my other non-MP3 calls, right?
  3.    #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by pbryon
    After several months of hearing mostly raves, I started playing with Lightwav last night. My question is this: Can I mix and match between MP3/WAV ringers and the standard system ringtones?

Right now I've only assigned an MP3 to one group, and left the rest as regular ringers. But I'm getting both ringers simultaneously when someone from that group calls. If I set sound prefs to off or silent, I'll miss all my other non-MP3 calls, right?
    you will miss your call if you dont set a default ringtone. To set a default ringtone to use if you dont have one set for the caller then tap on the Treo button tab and then tap on the Ringtones item and assign a sound.

With v3.0 you can use wav/mp3/ogg/wma/midi sounds and requires ptunes 3.0 and higher.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Lightwav 3.0 works significantly better than previous versions. A few problems remain:

- Callers are identified as Known Callers when they aren't in the Contacts DB. I've changed the "Match last x # of digits" to 10 and 7 and eventually de-selected the option, to no avail.

- When Lightwav/BuzzOff causes the phone to restart, the SD card is not recognized. You either have to remove the card and re-insert, or restart again.

- BuzzOff and Lightwav do not restart after a restart. You have to go into both applications and toggle the "Enable..." checkboxes in both applications.
    --
    TreoBill Abides
    The mega sound for MIDI ringtones rocks!!! I can hear my Treo from almost anywhere now.

Note though, that there is a bug for Agendus 7.04. You can change the default alarm for it but cannot change alarms in the Dbook tab for individual appointments. The function works for DateBook+ but not for Agendus. I put a report in a few weeks ago and the support guy sent me back a confusing email this week in which he said that the appointments for Agendus weren't even showing up in his DBook screen. I can't imagine how this could be when I see them just fine in mine and can even set the alarms - the probelm is that LightWav just ignores them. He said he would look at it more when he gets some more time.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I am a bit confused with the program. I started playing with it and am having some issues. First, I assign a midi ringtone for unknown and ringtone. Then I go into contacts and assign a few different ringtones for some people.

At this point, I go back and test out my unknown and regular ringtone, hitting play. then I go back to the contacts and play those again although this time, whatever tone I played last plays again regardless of what tone I have selected in the contacts.

Then I place a call from one of the assigned contact phones to my phone and get nothing.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug...

please let me know

rob
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    The mega sound for MIDI ringtones rocks!!! I can hear my Treo from almost anywhere now.
    Is the mega sound a default? I can't find a user setting for this, and the tone I use is distorted at the highest setting. It reverts to the highest volume even when I lower it in System Preferences.
    I'm having a problem too. Thought I'd join the party.
    Actually, I don't know that this is a lightwav issue at all...
    All of my tones are assigned as per instructions, but when the phone is on vibrate, it vibrates for a brief second, and that's it. There's no repeat or steady vibrate. Is there something I need to check off or something I need to do?
    Thanks!
    To RobM and ido:
    I have been having both of the problems. Lightwave support and I have been emailing back and forth for several days now. At this point, it seems that the program has lots of problems with midi files. If I only use mp3 or wav files all works well, but if I use a midi for the default tone I have ido's problem and any midi file I use for a contact gives me RobM's problem - or it doesn't work at all.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boardoe
    To RobM and ido:
    I have been having both of the problems. Lightwave support and I have been emailing back and forth for several days now. At this point, it seems that the program has lots of problems with midi files. If I only use mp3 or wav files all works well, but if I use a midi for the default tone I have ido's problem and any midi file I use for a contact gives me RobM's problem - or it doesn't work at all.
    Good, I thought it was me. I emailed tech support too and waiting for a response. Hopefully they will fix this issue...soon

Rob
    good to know; my default IS a midi. I'm gonna change it to an mp3 and see if anything works differently.
    keep up the good work!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    I'm having a problem too. Thought I'd join the party.
    Actually, I don't know that this is a lightwav issue at all...
    All of my tones are assigned as per instructions, but when the phone is on vibrate, it vibrates for a brief second, and that's it. There's no repeat or steady vibrate. Is there something I need to check off or something I need to do?
    Thanks!
    I have missed calls all week because of this problem! I thought it was just me.
  13.    #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I have missed calls all week because of this problem! I thought it was just me.
    we are sorry that if you have problems with the midi ringtones. the midi features was added in 3.0 because some users have requested. we were intended to release but did it anyways. in the meantime please use wav/mp3 until the we find the source of the problem.

if you have purchased lwav and want to beta the latest please send email to support@toysoft.ca
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by neill
    Is the mega sound a default? I can't find a user setting for this, and the tone I use is distorted at the highest setting. It reverts to the highest volume even when I lower it in System Preferences.
    In Treo Preferences, there is a Maximum volume for ringtones setting. And yes, sometimes it does distort MIDI tones. For me it's better hearing a loud distorted MIDI than miss a phone call though.

BTW, I have had no problem with MIDI's as ringtones and am still using them for the majority of my contacts.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  15.    #235  
    FYI, Lightwav 3.1 has been released.

Changes
    --------

- Added Outbound sound. When you call someone you can assign
    a sound to play.

- Added individual SMS sound.

- Added card ejection sound. Now when you pull the card you will
    heard the sound assigned. Requires pocketTunes.

- Added new More Prefs in the Treo Prefs. If you dont use group contact
    ringtones then you can disable this feature for faster ringing.

- Added Create Silent Alarm in the menu.

- Added Soft reset feature in the menu.

- Added FAQ

- Fixed the bug for no callerID or Unknown callers when you using
    gif picture callerID.

- Fixed the ordering of individual and group ringtones.
    In an email the makers of this software said they did not think they would make this product compataable with snapper 2.x. I really wish they would, this is the whole reason I bought this program.
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
    I thought I read a post by Smiley earlier in which he said Lightwav 3.1 worked with Snapper 2.0?

I just tried it and it doesn't seem to work.

Smiley, can you comment?
  18.    #238  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I thought I read a post by Smiley earlier in which he said Lightwav 3.1 worked with Snapper 2.0?

I just tried it and it doesn't seem to work.

Smiley, can you comment?
    Yes it works. we have tested with snapperMail 2.0x and it works fine.
    if you have problems contact support@toysoft.ca
    E-mail sent.
    When I place a call to a contact that has an outbound sound, the sound repeats over and over and I cannot get it to stop other than a soft reset.

Any ideas? BTW the sound is an MP3 sound.

[QUOTE=smiley88]FYI, Lightwav 3.1 has been released.

Changes
    --------

- Added Outbound sound. When you call someone you can assign
    a sound to play.