1.    #1  
    How do I get it to work natively on my old Treo 300?

I don't want to re-license Treo300SMS since shortmail is going away, and probably won't work soon.

I have the T600, and gave my old 300 to a family member. I can use SMS, but they can't.

What's up for SMS on the 300?

It would be cool to be able to SMS between the 2 devices. The 300 shouldn't be completely written off.
  2.    #2  
    I'm going to hold my breath until somone answers me!
    For some strange reason, SPrint MO-SMS has not been turned on in Chicago. I'm keeping and renewing Treo600SMS as a back up...just in case. I have no prob with 20 bucks!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    I think I read in another post that Sprint's MO-SMS will NOT work on the Treo300 for whatever reason. Someone with more knowledge please confirm and explain this. I have a buddy with a 300 and is wondering about this very thing because he has no intention of upgrading to a 600 anytime soon but really wants to use Sprint's SMS service since it SHOULD be a part of his unlimited Vision plan.
  5.    #5  
    I don't know if the PDApps SMS products are going to work for much longer.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but Treo300SMS and Treo600SMS rely on Sprint's shortmail service.

From what I understand, shortmail is going to be phased out one the "real" SMS service is completely rolled out.

This will leave Treo300SMS in a completely useless state. Unless PDA apps can find a way to intercept the messages on their own system, and forward them back and forth to a SMS gateway ... i'm not sure they can be of any help here.

I don't know that I would renew it for an entire year given this circumstances.

I guess the Treo 300 is never going to get SMS.

Kind of stinks because it the Treo 300 is the second best smartphone on the market.
    Chicago SMS is now live.
    Originally posted by varoomba
    Chicago SMS is now live.
    !!! Its about friggin time!!!