1.    #1  
    Yep, read a thread about cutting down the sd card (so it doesn't pop out) with an exacto knife.

Knew I was in trouble when I was cutting my card and I hit something that looked and felt like metal. -LOL

Now it doesn't work anymore. I should have used the advice about the tape.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Bummer Ms. Geeky!

(I guess your SD card just doesn't "cut it" anymore. )

Costco has the 256 meg SD card for about $64.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  3.    #3  
    Hehe, go ahead.

Got the card on Ebay for about $40 for a 256 mb. Time to go shopping -- again.

Hey Heberman, where can I find the backup folder on my laptop?

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  4.    #4  
    Just headed over to Ebay and the prices have either climbed or my memory is fading. Now just how much is a Costco card?

$64.99 at Costco. Here is a link:

http://www.costco.com/frameset.asp?t...9&log=&NavTop=
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    I thought the thread talked about filing it down gradually. That's what I did, and it worked fine.
  7.    #7  
    Yep, there were a couple of techniques. I tried the filing first but that was going a bit slow. I think I cut too far down, obviously.

Not to worry; after another look on Ebay and a tall Kahluah and creme, it doesn't seem so stupid now.

-Cheers

Have you tried to re-format your card? Since all the connections are at the bottom, maybe formating it will let you avoid the bad cells.
    Heya GM,
    Add $30 to it and get a PNY512M at CompUSA (Sale ends today). $50 off instant and $30 mail in. I got mine yesterday,,,,,GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by Need
    Have you tried to re-format your card? Since all the connections are at the bottom, maybe formating it will let you avoid the bad cells.
    Now that's a thought, how do I reformat again?

P.S. We're on our way to the beach, so I'll be checking my messages and the Forum from my "baby" (Mr. Treo that is) for the next few days.

Originally posted by Burkhardi
    Heya GM,
    Add $30 to it and get a PNY512M at CompUSA (Sale ends today). $50 off instant and $30 mail in. I got mine yesterday,,,,,GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!
    I'm roaming around CompUSA's website and can't find this advertised.
    Do you have more details?
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    Various ways - try the cardinfo app...
    I went to the local CompUSA and it was in the dispaly case. They had about 10 that I saw. It was in Austin, Texas
  14.    #14  
    Went to BB today and got another 256 mb card on sale for $74.00. Regular price is $99.00, which makes me feel slightly better.

This time I'm using scotch tape to keep the card from popping out!

Now I've got to figure out if I can even get the files back from the desktop that were on the SD card. I was backing up to Backupman on the card. -Duh

my card (with no alterations) doesn't pop out?

are you using a case?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  16.    #16  
    Originally posted by Felipe
    my card (with no alterations) doesn't pop out?

are you using a case?
    No Felipe. Although I have a carrying case (ok, a few cases ) , I prefer to use my sling case because of the easier access.

I did notice that the Belligio case prevented the card from popping out because of the snap over the top. But it was heavier and I wanted something lighter, plus I didn't trust the snap, sometimes it would come off of my clothes.

I have mine either in my coat pocket of pants pocket, and the sd card never popped out.

I guess i'm lucky, which ould make it the first time.,
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.