1.    #1  
    How do you know if you have correctly downloaded the new update? I thought I did, but when I tried SMS (in Miami, FL) it said this service was not yet up and running.?????????????/
    Florida still hasn't gotten SMS coverage yet. I'm not sure what the "latest" release date is for nationwide support, but it's slowly trickling out to different areas. I'm in Orlando and I no longer get that message, but a new message saying there's an error and to try sending my message again. Should work soon and I'm sure Miami isn't far off. Should definately be working by March, but I can't gurantee that seeing the original release date was like Feb 3.

Oh, and to check if it's been updated, go to your phone app, hit menu, then hit I or go over to Options > Phone Info. That will tell you the version under software.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    SMS is working in Miami.... I just disabled TREO600SMS on mine. Enjoy!!

As well I called sprint using the *2 and had them flag my phone for the latest PRL update. My PRL is now 10023.

Good luck and enjoy!

Miguel
    Miami, FL.
    I thought we were just going from 10021 to 10022 this month. Can you check to be sure?

thanks
    Gene
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Im sure.. I went from 10021 to 10023.. I thought the same thing. I assumed 10022 was next but instead ended up with 10023. Im not mad. Hell it can only help. I think!?
    Thanks alot Damigs!
    Gene
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Anytime buddy. Good luck!!
    UMMm SMS in Tallahassee has been working for about 2 weeks, about the same time that SMS in Atlanta has been working.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Can anyone explain how you find out that these updates are available?

Has this update helped the battery drain/network problem at all?

Thanks,
    Z
    Well on Sprint's webpage you can find all pertinet updates to your phone under the downloads section.
    You can also do a forum search here for any updates as well as any good programs.
    Or you can check handsprings website frequently.
    I hope this helps
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Originally posted by damigs
    ... My PRL is now 10023.
    What is a PRL?

I just got a replacement refurb phone because I was getting "Network Search..." every time I tried to make or receive a call, and the Phone Info shows a PRL of "10021".

the software is 1.10 - SPR and the Hardware is "C".
    This list will allow your phone to identify the towers and select the appropriate tower for connectivity.

Just get the new PRL. It will sometimes avoid some of the Roaming as it will identify the compatible towers for shared access.
    Gene