Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if one exists ? I have both VNC and MobileTS, but I use this every once in a while as a fallback. Since we can pull the IP address of our Handhelds, this should be technically possible.
    Originally posted by KKenna
    Does anyone know if one exists ? I have both VNC and MobileTS, but I use this every once in a while as a fallback. Since we can pull the IP address of our Handhelds, this should be technically possible.
    Why should this be possible?

NetMeeting is bloatware written specifically for the windows PC. It is also slated to be discontinued by Microsoft later this year, I believe.

Exactly what funtionality are you looking for? If chat, there are a few alternatives....do a search. If desktop or application sharing or whiteboarding are your requirements, I doubt there is anything out there.

HTH,
    -Joe
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I realize that NetMeeting is crap, but I use it for remote-control in a pinch. No firewall configuration required on my client's end, just internet access. When using it, I direct my client to place a call to my IP (The IP of my Treo, if I'm successful) and then share the desktop, granting control. It works fine for this function and I don't have any trouble using it for this purpose.

As I said in my original post, I already have VNC and MobileTS for remote control, I was just wondering if there exists a palm version of the NetMeeting software to supplement my ability to assist my clients without being there.