1.    #1  
    A friend turned me on to this free service called teleflip: you can send emails to any text-equipped phone by sending the email to their 10digit phone # followed by @teleflip.com. When I send email from my treo600 to my own phone number, it pops up in the SMS inbox with my email address as the return address!

This may be helpful for people who have email working but whose sms sending abilities are not up and running! Also, it works from any email account, so you can send messages to peopple's phones from your desktop/laptop pc.
    Hi All,

I'm in the USA, and I need to be able to send an SMS txt message from my SPCS (CDMA) Treo 600- to mobile phones in the Philippines (GSM phones on the Smart Mobile Network , Globe, etc.)

I have my Philippine (Smart) Nokia 3100 tri-band GSM mobile here with me, in the USA - but the load has run out...I can still recieve all my txt's on the phone, but can not reply from the Nokia 3100

From my PC at home, I can directly txt those phones using a messaging program called "Chikka Txt Messenger" - and the txt goes straight to their mobiles as it does when I'm in the Philippines.

I can also send them an SMS email from my PC to SOME of those phones, but
    I need to be able to txt ALL of them from my TREO 600, here in the USA

Some Philippine phones also have SMS email capabilities......but I need to do it FROM MY TREO 600, to ALL the people I need to contact (SMS & SMS Emaill capable phones)

Sprint PCS SMS (when its available) can only txt a 10 digit # - and the Philippine mobiles I need to txt are 12 digits (ie. 63920xxxxxxx)

Is there a Palm, or 3rd party software for the Treo 600 that will let me be able to do this?

Or, does anyone know a better way?

Is there help would be greatly appreciated!
    PJAMES
    Originally posted by BS Mann
    A friend turned me on to this free service called teleflip: you can send emails to any text-equipped phone by sending the email to their 10digit phone # followed by @teleflip.com. When I send email from my treo600 to my own phone number, it pops up in the SMS inbox with my email address as the return address!

This may be helpful for people who have email working but whose sms sending abilities are not up and running! Also, it works from any email account, so you can send messages to peopple's phones from your desktop/laptop pc.
    How is this different than sending an email to xxxxxxxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com ?
    I dont need to send anyone on the SPCS network an email.

What I need to do, is to send a SMS text msg. from my Treo 600, to my friends in the Philiipnes on their GSM phones that can recieve txt msgs &/or SMS emails.

I'm looking for a 3rd party software ap. that I can either use on my PC at home, or ideally - on my Treo 600

I'm currently using Chikka text messenger from my PC, but my credits have all run out.

Thanks,
    PJAMES
  5.    #5  
    using teleflip.com you don't need to know the receiver's phone service. using @sprintpcs won't work if the person you are messaging has verizon or tmobile, but teleflip finds the right suffix to forward your message to any text capable phone.
    teleflip supports 10 digit North American #'s - I need to send sms txt's to mobiles in the Philippines, which are 12 digits, and this is not supported by teleflip, so says their tech support.
    (ie. 63920xxxxxxx)

PJAMES
    Originally posted by PJAMES
    teleflip supports 10 digit North American #'s - I need to send sms txt's to mobiles in the Philippines, which are 12 digits, and this is not supported by teleflip, so says their tech support.
    (ie. 63920xxxxxxx)

PJAMES
    You just need to add "+" or"011" before 63920xxxxxxx on your TREO.... Mine works.....

MABUHAY!!!
    TREO 600 ROCKS !!!! I gave up my Zaurus sl-5500 and my Motorola v60i for it.

"Willing is not enough; we must do. Knowing is not enough; we must apply." -- Bruce Lee