Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I dont know if anyone else is having this issue. I now cant send an SMS to an email address of another phone carrier and I know i was able to before.

I am not saying this is a problem because i can just type their number and the msg is sent, but i had stored peoples phone numbers with the email address for quick sending. And before I delete everyone carrier I just wanted to know if this is my issue or a common issue all of a sudden
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    I am also having this problem. I use to be able to sent to e-mail address, but not now. I sure hope they do not remove this functionality!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    I tested your theory by attempting to send an SMS message to four of my email accounts. It doesnt work. I cant recall that it has ever worked that way before.

I do know that SMS looks for a phone number (ONLY) as the intended recipient and not an email address.

I tried sending, based on your post to, xxxxx@sprintpcs.com, xxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com, xxxxx@yahoo.com, and finally xxxxx@aol.com; ALL of these produced an error message saying "failed." My last test was just to a phone number, xxx-xxx-xxxx (My own) and no problems.

Originally posted by PFSCHAMPION
    I dont know if anyone else is having this issue. I now cant send an SMS to an email address of another phone carrier and I know i was able to before.

I am not saying this is a problem because i can just type their number and the msg is sent, but i had stored peoples phone numbers with the email address for quick sending. And before I delete everyone carrier I just wanted to know if this is my issue or a common issue all of a sudden
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Originally posted by scandalex
    I cant recall that it has ever worked that way before.

It has always worked for me before I just tried it a min ago after reading this thread. I use to use it s my "e-mail on the fly".
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    My Phone history.....
    I too, get an error, when trying to send to anything except a 10-digit number.

Probably just a temporary glitch in their service...fingers crossed....anybody been in touch with Sprint Web Service regarding this problem?

K
    A friend turned me on to this free service called teleflip: you can send emails to any text-equipped phone by sending the email to their 10digit phone # followed by @teleflip.com. When I send email from my treo600 to my own phone number, it pops up in the SMS inbox with my email address as the return address! This may be helpful for people who have email working but whose sms sending abilities are not up and running!
    I hope it's a temp glitch. I am able to send messages to email address using Treo600sms. Things should not change. In the Treo manual, it stated that you could use email address.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    This may sound like an obvious oversight, but is SMS up and running for everyone who has tried sending e-mails via SMS? I live in SF where SMS is working now w/the new software update and had no probems sending e-mail via SMS.
    My SMS was completely down this morning. Couldn't send to email addys or 10-digit numbers.

This afternoon, I am back up and running, in Indy.

K
    Sending to an email address works fine for me. Additionally, Sprint seems to have sped up the delivery. At first, it took hours for an email to show up at the destination. My last test took under a minute!
    works fine for me in the DC area, though the time it takes for delivery is a little slow.
    my moblog:
    <a href="http://chumprock.textamerica.com/">http://chumprock.textamerica.com/</a>
    Just tested SMS app to send email to work. Got it just fine with 10digit#@messaging.sprintpcs.com as reply to address. FYI.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Well, I think my earlier post may have been premature.

While it seems, on my end, that SMS sent to 10digit@messaging..., is going thru, my recipients are not getting them.

Unbeknownst to me, this started yesterday. I would send stuff and thought it was going thru. This morning I was getting an error message so I knew that they weren't going thru. This afternoon I thought everything was back up and running but after talking to the recipient and sending several test messages, THEY ARE NOT GOING THRU.

Sending to a phone number works, and sending to an email addy works, but sending to 10digit@messaging...., does NOT.

K
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Ok....

It seems that the e-mail send function on my phone is now working, but the messages are not making it to the receiver.
    My Phone history.....
    WAHOO!! A friend of mine just sent me a SMS from overseas in India! It came with email address and I was able to repond to it with no problems! I'll report back if they did indeed get the response....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  16.    #16  
    Since I started this thread just wanted to updat that it seems the SMS to email is back and faster than ever.

I guess sprint is really trying to justify the two years i had to sign up for to get 7-7am minutes and 100 bucks off my bill
    Here in Honolulu, Hi - I tested the send to an email address and it worked. However, I got the "White Screen of Death." So, I guess it does not work right. Ben

Originally posted by PFSCHAMPION

I sent SMS messages from my Treo while in Midtown Manhattan to both my work and Yahoo email addresses. Both were received in ~2 minutes from my xxxxxxxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com address. I replied back from both addresses, and both were received on my Treo ~2 minutes later.

Works for me. YMWV.
    I am able to send SMS to email addresses (example crazydayz@aol.com)...

...but when I try sending to (10digitnumber)@messaging.sprintpcs.com., it appears to go thru on my end but the recipient NEVER GETS IT.

For those of you who are "successfully" sending to (10digitnumber)@messaging.sprintpcs.com, are you confirming its receipt?

I am very curious to know whether this is an isolated regional problem or nationwide.

K
    Originally posted by nchargreed
    I am able to send SMS to email addresses (example crazydayz@aol.com)...

...but when I try sending to (10digitnumber)@messaging.sprintpcs.com., it appears to go thru on my end but the recipient NEVER GETS IT.

For those of you who are "successfully" sending to (10digitnumber)@messaging.sprintpcs.com, are you confirming its receipt?

I am very curious to know whether this is an isolated regional problem or nationwide.

K
    Works for me in New York City. I not only confirmed receipt, but I replied back to SMS/Treo from both Yahoo email and corporate email. Works flawlessly here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast