1.    #1  
    Guys,

I use my TREO 600 mostly overseas. The Phone gives you the option for either turning 'NORTH AMERICAN DIALING RULES' ON or OFF.

Does anyone know of any program that will automatically configure the phone for rules from other countries?

Im Brazil, before the Long Distance Are Code, we have to add a two digit code for the carrier we want to use and it is a mess to have to change my whole CONTACTS info because of that.

On top of, when I travel, I have to retype all the numbers...

Appreciate the help.

Regards,

Fernando Sequerra
    Hi,

usually you can use + as an international prefix irrepectively of the country/network. then you can store all your address book in a format like +(country code)(national destination code)(phone number). E.g. for a number in Canada you use +1-613-xxx-xxxx, where 1 is code of USA/Canada, 613 - code of the city, xxx-xxxx - phone number.
    I do a lot of calling to England, Chile, Argentina, and Russia for work. The +(country code)(city/area code)(phone number) format works for me.
    I usually put the phone numbers into outlook, choose the country, and let outlook format it it for me.
    Example: Bluewater England looks like: +44(132)555-1212
    I'.m using a GSM Treo if that may make a difference.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks guys,

But if I put the number in the format +cc(ac)number, the program would have to understand "+" as international dialing code and carrier code (like 00+21) and dial those four digits for over seas and for long-distance, change +cc to 021.

There is a program that does that but the interface is not as nice as the original TREO Phone.
    You are right. I may have been thinking of the Nokia I have at the office. The Treo tries to dial the +, and hangs up.
    I'll do some more research when I get to the office. Should have tried it right before I posted my reply.
    I think I'm stupid cause I didn't get you :-) All phone numbers (both local and overseas) in my Treo address book are in +cc-ndc-xxx-xxxx format. And it works just fine. for local numbers I use code of my country.
    I'll try to explain again what sequerra wrote:

A regular phone number, as Vorozhbyt told, is +cc-ndc-xxx-xxxx. In Brazil, that works only for local calls.

For long distance calls, we have to type 0-yy-ndc-xxx-xxxx, where 0 is the code for long distance calls and yy is the carrier code. Note that if we store the country code in contacts, we have to exclude it for long distance calls, or the carrier will understand it as the city/area code.

For international calls, we have to type 00-yy+cc-ndc-xxx-xxxx (00 is the code for international calls).

Do you know some program that could add the initial codes (0-yy/00-yy) before the number stored in contacts? The program should also understand that Brazilian country code (55) can't be dialed in national long distance calls.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, + $is$ $standard$ $and$ $universal$ $substitute$ $to$ $international$ $prefix$. $each$ $operator$ $converts$ $it$ $later$ $on$ $into$ $its$ $country$ $specific$ $set$ $of$ $digits$. $In$ $Ukraine$ + $means$ $8$-$10$, $in$ $Germany$ + $equals$ $to$ $00$, $etc$. $That$ $was$ $specifically$ $done$ $for$ $roaming$, $so$ $that$ $you$ $can$ $use$ $your$ $phone$ $in$ $any$ $part$ $of$ $the$ $world$ $trouble$ $free$. $Is$ $there$ $any$ $difference$ $to$ $world$ $standard$ $in$ $Brasil$? $If$ $yes$, $than$ $sorry$, $I$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $how$ $to$ $deal$ $with$ $that$ :-(