1.    #1  
    I receive email from all senders via my POP account, but I am only able to send via STMP to my own domain. Anything I send to another domain fails. This is true whether I use the Handspring email program or Snapper mail. I'm on Cingular. Any and all help happily accepted!
    Originally posted by Blue Elf
    I receive email from all senders via my POP account, but I am only able to send via STMP to my own domain. Anything I send to another domain fails. This is true whether I use the Handspring email program or Snapper mail. I'm on Cingular. Any and all help happily accepted!
    Who is your e-mail provider?
    One the positive side, after updating I can now both send and receive sms messages (i'm in chicago). Also, the mail program is able to check my pop3 mailbox. (my provider is sprint and my email is through rcn.com). The one problem I still have is that I can not send mail through the handspring mail beta program. When I click "send/receive" the program spends about 15 seconds saying "connecting to pop.rcn.com" (and after that I have my new emails), however, then the program goes on to say "connecting to smtp.rcn.com" and it sits there for about 2 minutes. When I do checks I don't see any of the mail that I sent. I checked all the settings (address, password, ssl) and I've even tried changing each of these variables to see if it will help, but nothing works.
    Sounds like rcn is not allowing mail relaying from outside their network...a standard anti-spam policy. Search the boards, this has been discussed ad-nauseum. HINT: Snappermail's web site addresses this issue....

HTH
    -Joe