Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    Anybody know if PalmOne or any 3rd party developers have any plans to replace the, in my opinion, ugly interface for the phone application on the Treo 600? I don't see how they plan to compete with other newer smartphones (P900, MPx200, etc.) when they're using the same old interface?? Also, I don't have my T600 yet, but during a phone call do you have to navigate to the buttons (or touch them on the screen) or do they correspond to the hard application buttons below the screen? Thanks.
  2. #2  
    I'm thinking that they will compete on functionality.

    IMHO the interface is fine, just add whatever background you want and it becomes your interface.
    Bored? Visit my <a href = "http://www.darrenking.com">website </a>
  3.    #3  
    Don't get me wrong, the interface does work, but it's lifeless looking and looks like something that's pre-windows 3.0....not something that was made in the 21st century. The least they could have done is make it skinable and let some other people make it look "pretty".
  4. #4  
    Originally posted by RyanRife
    Don't get me wrong, the interface does work, but it's lifeless looking and looks like something that's pre-windows 3.0....not something that was made in the 21st century. The least they could have done is make it skinable and let some other people make it look "pretty".
    There are already apps and various hacks out there that allow you to skin the default Treo interface. Please do a search...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic


    There are already apps and various hacks out there that allow you to skin the default Treo interface. Please do a search...
    Tell me if I'm wrong, but they only skin the dial pad and favorites....I want to see the rest of the phone app skinned.
  6. #6  
    Just go to Palmgear or Handango and search for Skinner. It's an application that handles these issues. There are lots of pretty skins (keypad replacements) out there. There's also another recent thread on TreoCentral with some skins that you can install without using paying for Skinner.
  7. randyg's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    #7  
    Originally posted by RyanRife


    Tell me if I'm wrong, but they only skin the dial pad and favorites....I want to see the rest of the phone app skinned.
    what else is there to the "phone app" besides the dial pad and the favorites? are you talking about the address book? that's not part of the phone app.

    clarify your post!
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
  8. #8  
    * deleted *
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by randyg


    what else is there to the "phone app" besides the dial pad and the favorites? are you talking about the address book? that's not part of the phone app.

    clarify your post!
    When you hit the phone button, the screen that has the optional non-fullscreen wallpaper and the indicator of what the 5-way does. Also once you are in a phone call the screen that has the cancel call, hold call, etc....that part of the phone application.

Posting Permissions