Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mailblocks.com lets you setup rules for incoming messages, such as "do this action on all messages that arrive". They have a default list of actions you can use. Unfortunately, they do not have a "FORWARD incoming email to destination address" and a "Send a new email message to destination address", because if they did, we could set it up so that Mailblocks.com sends an SMS to TreoHelper when new spam-free mail arrives.

I sent their developers a request to add this simple feature. The customer service is responsive. If enough people ask for the request, they might slipline it in.

The request form is at: http://support.mailblocks.com/tab_co...contactus.aspx
    Unlike Email Notify, this utility is not free but is able to check multiple mail accounts:

http://mobile4you.4team.biz/
    T-mo has a push email service - just go to their website to set it up.

i am pushing my yahoo and earthlink and working on my outlook. about a 3 minute delay from when the mail is sent.
    People, correct me if I'm wrong but don't SMS messages cost us money? (I'm using SPCS). Any client/add-on out there that can IM us when mail arrives at the desktop? Ideally, the client would be a plug-in (of sorts) to AIM that forwarded an entire message (once received in outlook) to us on our phone. Responding to the IM would also generate a reply. This would totally curcumvent security settings (pop3 & forwarding killing) that most large corps have in place. Anything out there?
    I think it depends on the plan.

My understnading is that anybody with a Treo 600 and unlimited Vision plan prior to the launch of the SMS service is grand-fathered and get free unlimited SMS service...
    Dominique
    I am using Fastmail and forward my e-mail to my SMS number (xxxxxxxxxx@messaging.speintpcs.com).

Anyone here knows how to add to the subject something like 'forwarded from Fastmail'? I am sure it is possible using the scripting language ...

Thanks
    Dominique
    Originally posted by dbouchon
    I think it depends on the plan.

My understnading is that anybody with a Treo 600 and unlimited Vision plan prior to the launch of the SMS service is grand-fathered and get free unlimited SMS service...
    Actually it will be limited to 100 SMS per month and that includes both outgoing and incoming! Thus it won't be as "unlimted" as we thought unfortnately... Thus considering the number of email messages I get, I don't know if the Treohleper + snappermail combo will be economically feasible in the future. The main question to ask id whehter web alerts like from web email, news, quote etc will count towards your 100 SMS limt or not? I hope not...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    One nice thing about Chatter (IMO) is that you can get emails pushed from up to 8 folders and that the receipt of email is done asynchronously (i.e. while you're doing other things), so your Treo is never tied up. It can also keep those 8 folders continuously synced in real time (i.e. within seconds), and can even sync sent mail back to a "Sent Items" folder back on the IMAP server.* There's no other software on the Treo that can do that.

There's also a new email interface (that's more traditional), the ability to reply, forward, reply all, etc. and a bunch of other email-friendly options. * Plus, of course, IM.

Marc

* You'll want one of the recent test versions of Chatter to get full functionality.
    Marc is there a faq or soemthing on syncing the different folder escpecially the sent? That would be helpful.

Folks, Chatter works fantastic and Marc is very supportive of your issues.

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    This sounds really interesting.

Where can we get that 'recent test version' you are talking about? Is it the beta one on your site?

Thanks
    Dominique
    No, it's not the beta on the site, though I intend to update that beta soon... If you're interested, shoot me an email and I'll point you in the right direction.

Marc

chatsw@mailcan.com
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

Actually it will be limited to 100 SMS per month and that includes both outgoing and incoming! Thus it won't be as "unlimted" as we thought unfortnately... Thus considering the number of email messages I get, I don't know if the Treohleper + snappermail combo will be economically feasible in the future. The main question to ask id whehter web alerts like from web email, news, quote etc will count towards your 100 SMS limt or not? I hope not...
    Actually that's not quite correct.

Back in the 80s fax spam was common place until the feds stepped in on the grounds that the person receiving the fax is being forced to pay for something they are not able to refuse, thus it was outlawed with severe penalties.

This rule of thumb applies to SMS as well. Spammers are beginning to send unwanted SMS. In order to charge for incoming SMS the carriers would have to build spam filters, and we all know how well those work .

You can receive unlimited SMS messages, but can only send X number depending upon your plan.
    OMG! I feel like such an *****. I've been a T-Mo customer for years and I had no idea that they had all those cool email capabilities! Thank you guys so much! Wow... I just set up alerts for new mail from my home POP3 account to be sent to my treo 180. Once I get my new treo 600 in March I'll look into the push features...

That is so cool. And free!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12