Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Thanks, Bob, for you help with us non-tekkies!
    Somewhat unrelated, but using the Treo you can upload photos directly to the Club Photo website by using /palm/programs/splashphoto/nameofphoto adjusting for the location where your photos are stored (as long as they are JPG's).
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Playing around with this trick a favorite of mine is a French to English food glossary. As I said before I previously used Plucker to use this text.

Trying to load this via Blazer and it consistently hangs 201.X kb just before completing 202 kb(as it appears in WinXP).

I originally saved this as a htm using Word html editor. Is this causing the problem?

TIA,
    Christopher
    Attached Files Attached Files
    pretty cool -- has anyone else noticed what a pain it is to produce the angle brackets (< >) for the tags?
    So does anyone know of Treo-compatible copies of Apache, PHP, and MySQL? We could really do some fun stuff then.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Anyone have any idea how to launch a prgram installed on the card - not using PowerRun or other launcher, just installed through Palm Installer out there...the PowerRun type launcher caused it problems..but when I enter "palm:Blch.appl?BIBB">6 - Bible Reader</a><br> -- it tries to open PowerRun....

Thanks
    Charliec
    PowerRun works fine for me but if you want to run apps plain then install onto Palm and use the Copy menu item to copy it to the SD card. Now go the app display and select your card for the category. This will display all apps installed normally on your palm. Click and run the app. Note that this is one of the problems with running apps off the card. they don't show up under all apps and they can't be organized.
    Standard Palm launcher can neither see nor launch apps on SD cards.

ZLauncher could not could not see an app when I moved it to the SD card.

MegaLauncher can see apps on the SD card. It displays their icons with your other apps along with a tiny card next to them to indicate that it is on the SD card.
    If you can't launch apps on the SD card then you either didn't copy them from internal to the SD on the Palm or your Palm is broken.
    If you used another app to move the applications to SD then they likely will only be launchable with that application.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin
    By the way, for those interested, here's a much improved site, with 2 columns, with a format for button support ...
    In the web page that you posted there is support for 0-9 buttons. Can one use other keys than these 10?
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec
    Anyone have any idea how to launch a prgram installed on the card - not using PowerRun or other launcher, just installed through Palm Installer out there...the PowerRun type launcher caused it problems..but when I enter "palm:Blch.appl?BIBB">6 - Bible Reader</a><br> -- it tries to open PowerRun....

Thanks
    PalmOS will only see apps on the card if installed to the default /palm/launcher dir. Otherwise you cannot launch apps off any other dir. However you can launch app via Resco Explorer fyi! With Resco you can browse any dir and open/launch a prc to ram. You can also launch mid's, jar, jpg, doc etc files as well (as long as you have appropiate app assoc with the file extension). You can even use it to launch html with blazer without having to use the f:/// method! Very cool....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    casiodave - i had the same idea about frequent shopper cards a while back and recently got around to trying it. I couldnt get it to scan. The image looks very crisp on the screen so I dont think its a problem with the image. I suspect it has to do with refraction of the laser through the digitizer glass. You've probably seen this happen before when the clerk tries to scan some items where the barcode is under cellophane. Or maybe its just glare. If you ever got it to work I'd be interested in hearing about it.
    Gaurav:

Totally Agree: the main reason I got Resco Explorer was too launch html w/0 f:///!
    It is very cool! Now it's useful to save web pages!
    Quote Originally Posted by wasinaus
    Cool use of this would be to save the start page in for useful web searches - eg -
    google , whitepages etc.

This would eliminate waiting for the search page to load ....just enter query and away you go.....the first and only html get across gprs gets you results
    Inspired by this, I threw together a page that contains my most frequently used seach sites (google, IMDb, Wikipedia(mobile), dictionary.com) with only the bare minimum info (search box, go button)... Hope it comes in useful...

[HTML]<html>
    <head>
    <title>EasySearch</title>
    </head>
    <body bgcolor="black" vlink="#eace92" link="#908050" alink="#908050" text="#eace92">
    <table width="100%" height="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" bgcolor="#000000" align="left" valign="top">
    <tr>
    <td border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" height="56" bgcolor="#000000" align="left" valign="top" colspan="4">
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" height="56" bgcolor="#000000" align="left" valign="top">
    <tr height="56" valign="middle" align="left" bgcolor="#584939">
    <td height="56" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" align="left" valign="middle"><font size="3" color="#FDAB00"><b>Google</b></font>
    </td>
    <td height="56" width="100" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" align="left" valign="middle"><br>
    </td>
    <td height="56" width="20" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" align="left" valign="middle"><br>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td valign="top"><br><br>
    <form action=http://www.google.com/search name=f>
    <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0>
    <tr>
    <td><input type=hidden name=hl value=en><input maxlength=2048 size=55 name=q value="" title="Google Search"><br><input type=submit value="Google Search" name=btnG>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </form>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" height="56" bgcolor="#000000" align="left" valign="top" colspan="4">
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" height="56" bgcolor="#000000" align="left" valign="top">
    <td height="56" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" align="left" valign="middle"><font size="3" color="#FDAB00"><b>IMDb</b></font>
    </td>
    <td height="56" width="100" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" align="left" valign="middle"><br>
    </td>
    <td height="56" width="20" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" align="left" valign="middle"><br>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <form action="http://www.imdb.com/Find" method="get">
    <select name="select">
    <option selected="on">All</option>
    <option>Titles</option>
    <option>My Movies</option>
    <option>Names</option>
    <option>Companies</option>
    <option>Keywords</option>
    <option>Characters</option>
    <option>Quotes</option>
    <option>Bios</option>
    <option>Plots</option>
    </select><br clear="left">
    <input type="text" name="for" size="14">*<input type="submit" height="21" width="31" border="0" value="Go" name="Go" align="absmiddle">
    </form>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td height="56" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" align="left" valign="middle"><font size="3" color="#FDAB00"><b>Wikipedia</b></font>
    </td>
    </td>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <form action="http://pda.en.wapedia.org/wapedia:Search" method="get">
    <input type="text" name="search" value="" style="background: #ffffff"/>
    <input type="submit" name="suchknopf_los" value="Go"/>
    <input type="submit" name="suchknopf_suche" value="Search"/><br><br>
    <input type="hidden" name="typ" value="">
    </form>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td height="56" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" align="left" valign="middle"><font size="3" color="#FDAB00"><b>Dictionary</b></font>
    </td>
    </td>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <form name="search_form" method="get" action="http://www.dictionary.com/search">
    <input type="text" name="q" value="" size="25" maxlength="256" style="font-size:12pt;">&nbsp;<input type="submit" value="Search" class="button">&nbsp;
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </form>
    </table>
    </body>
    </html>[/HTML]
    Last edited by Whitefokes; 01/25/2006 at 02:16 AM.
    Is there a program that will let me browse the file structure and then open something in blazer? I would like to dump a file on there and pull it up later, but not have to remember the exact path, and not have to type it each time.
    I THINK that Resco Explorer can do this.. It will launch html pages into Blazer anyway.

If you have it, try that.
    THat appears to be a way, but man, twenty five bones! No thanks. :-)
    Thanks for posting the html code
    Quote Originally Posted by dgoodisi
    file:/// maps to the root of your SD card.
    KRamsauer:

Using the above, you can write a link into a simple web page for anything you might want to pull up. As long as there are a set number of files you might want to access, this is a quick fix.

I haven't found a freeware way to get true browsing capability combined with launching blazer, but I'd be willing to bet you could find something close if you search for php directory listing code at somewhere like sourceforge.net...
    No, Blazer cannot browse the SD card, it has to be a specific document. I think he meant that file:/// is where you start, so if the file is /html/index.html you would put in file:///html/index.html

Try it, file:/// won't work.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast