Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I got this to work! If I can to this, you can too!

I created a text document (blatantly stealing ideas from this thread and saved it as an html on my SD card (I created a new folder called Web, and dropped in this file, called "WebPage.html").

By placing this as my homepage, I now can have "one-stop shopping" for my common bookmarks and apps...though I currently have them mapped to my number keys, I can certainly add more that I want to scroll to.

The file says:

<html>
    <head>
    <title>My Palm HomePage</title>
    <meta name="PalmComputingPlatform" content="true" />
    <meta name="HandheldFriendly" content="True" />
    </head>
    <body bgcolor="wheat">
    <a accesskey="1" href="http://www.treobits.com">1 - Treobits.com</a><br>
    <a accesskey="2" href="http://wap.oa.yahoo.com">2 - Yahoo</a><br>
    <a accesskey="3" href="http://treo.treocentral.com">3 - Treo Central</a><br>
    <a accesskey="4" href="http://treo.tc">4 - treo.tc</a><br>
    <a accesskey="5" href="http://wireless.mapquest.com/Palm/v3.0/index.html">5 - MapQuest</a><br>
    <a accesskey="6" href="palm:Blch.appl?DTGP">6 - Docs To Go</a><br>
    <a accesskey="7" href="palm:Blch.appl?MMPL">7 - MMPlayer</a><br>
    <a accesskey="8" href="palm:Blch.appl?TNpt">8 - PocketTunes</a><br>
    <a accesskey="9" href="palm:Blch.appl?ZRKa">9 - Chatter</a><br>
    <a accesskey="0" href="palm:Blch.appl?IMGV">0 - RescoViewer</a><br>
    </body>
    </html>
    Last edited by Bujin; 02/08/2004 at 12:29 AM.
    thankyou for your help! I will give this a shot!
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Bujin
    I got this to work! If I can to this, you can too!

I created a text document (blatantly stealing ideas from this thread and saved it as an html on my SD card (I created a new folder called Web, and dropped in this file, called "WebPage.html").

By placing this as my homepage, I now can have "one-stop shopping" for my common bookmarks and apps...though I currently have them mapped to my number keys, I can certainly add more that I want to scroll to.
    Fantastic work -- I didn't know about that "accesskey" attribute.
    Although I might use a <table> to make the alignment nicer and maybe add some images to make it prettier. If you really want to take it up a notch, you could use a <select> with a JavaScript "onselectionchange" handler.

Unfortunately it seems that "palm:" DOES cause Blazer to make an internet connection. That's obviously a bug, it doesn't need to do that.
    --jaslo
    Originally posted by treobk214

i downloaded it and then entered the above urls after httl: and was then referrred to the palmone site. not quite there yet. what am i missing?
    You have to erase the http:// before you enter the url. palm: must be the first letters entered.
    On friday I got my web and e-mail service activated, I tried to use my online bank account service but everytime i try to put my bank account security username and password the page just reloads, would this procedure help me to access my account or is there another procedure for this.
    I just read this entire thread and have no idea what it's about.
    Basically for me (I'm sure others have more complex uses) you can write a "Home Page" for Blazer that you can customize with your favorite bookmarks as well as your favorite applications - all on one screen.

Think of it as your own personal 'Treobits', but also including apps as well as sites. You can use the number buttons or just have links, and have the added advantage of not needing to wait for a download, because the site is on your SD card.

My page now has 2 tables, and is separated by apps vs. sites. It's more of a novelty than anything else, as most of my apps are mapped to buttons and using this "HomePage" isn't much faster than built-in bookmarks.

It's fun to experiment, however.
    Originally posted by treo6.5
    On friday I got my web and e-mail service activated, I tried to use my online bank account service but everytime i try to put my bank account security username and password the page just reloads, would this procedure help me to access my account or is there another procedure for this.
    Sounds to me like you've got the Blazer Cache corruption problem. Try deleting the cache file in your programs or FileZ and try it again. If you have a sprint phone, you should update to 1.10 to fix the problem also. For more information, search the forum.
    Originally posted by Bujin
    Basically for me (I'm sure others have more complex uses) you can write a "Home Page" for Blazer that you can customize with your favorite bookmarks as well as your favorite applications - all on one screen.

Think of it as your own personal 'Treobits', but also including apps as well as sites. You can use the number buttons or just have links, and have the added advantage of not needing to wait for a download, because the site is on your SD card.

My page now has 2 tables, and is separated by apps vs. sites. It's more of a novelty than anything else, as most of my apps are mapped to buttons and using this "HomePage" isn't much faster than built-in bookmarks.

It's fun to experiment, however.
    Hmm... Just thinking out loud here, but ins't this the same thing as using a Palm Wiki? Wouldn't it be easier to use something like Palm Wiki or HWiki to do the same thing but rely on a simple memo db?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    ...there's WIKIWORLD too !!!
    ...better known as NOTE STUDIO now...

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...e&prodID=44005

It may be like Wiki, but it's a FREE Wiki. As for Note Studio, who wants to pay $50 for a link menu?
    ...point taken; here's a free alternative:

http://www.megawiki.com/pages/

...and i'm not trying to spoil the party here, quite the opposite !, these are all fantastic new possibilities JASLO and the others are contributing with.

Consider every link or suggestion an important referent to stimulate the discussion and development of this topic....

Last edited by koros; 02/09/2004 at 07:27 AM.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    This is very very cool. Anyone want to take a stab at adding some SMALL icon type pics similar to those displayed in launcher for common apps. Right now I am using a modified version of the page Bujin put out, and would like to also display the icons you see in launcher next to them.
    Originally posted by Aaron C
    This is very very cool. Anyone want to take a stab at adding some SMALL icon type pics similar to those displayed in launcher for common apps. Right now I am using a modified version of the page Bujin put out, and would like to also display the icons you see in launcher next to them.
    Goto Treo.tc or Handsprings Treo portal site and "borrow" them
    hahaha. borrow...hahaha
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I can dial phone numbers, web pages, programs.......all without having to go and program it with html. Plus I can assign any button to launch any of the favorites. Why make it hard to do something that the Treo already does?
    I've never owned a "regular" phone, and never will.

Handspring Visorphone, Handspring Treo 180, Handspring Treo 600, PalmOne Treo 650....
    jaslo,

Is there anyway to make the Blauncher program launch the phone app and give it a number to dial?

I know you can simply put a telephone number on the page and Blazer will ask you if you want to dial it when you click on it, but a one button solution would be awesome.

Thanks,
    TechDude
    The built in Tutorial is an HTML app, but it seems to put Blazer into a Kiosk mode, which if you could figure out how to do that, would make the page much cleaner. I cant figure out how it does that tho.
    Luna,

Do you know of a way to make the favorites be the default screen for the phone application?

If I could do that then I would completely agree.

--TechDude
    Originally posted by tomas316
    The built in Tutorial is an HTML app, but it seems to put Blazer into a Kiosk mode, which if you could figure out how to do that, would make the page much cleaner. I cant figure out how it does that tho.
    I believe this is documented in the Treo developer documentation.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast