Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Originally posted by jaslo
    Now if only I could get the palm and palmcall URLs to work, it would then be trivial to create custom launchers, including all those fun HTML tricks.
    I hope that this is not possible as it's a huge security risk.

Desktop browsers do not allow access to the local filesystem or locally installed applications for this very reason.

So no thanks to launching apps from a web page.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Originally posted by dgoodisi

Desktop browsers do not allow access to the local filesystem or locally installed applications for this very reason.
    You certainly wouldn't want remote webpages to be able to launch apps on your Treo but local webpages running on your SD card would by definition already have access to your filesystem. They are a part of your file system!

Jason
    Originally posted by tgabber
    Is there a simple text editor that allows you to edit text (or html etc) files on the SD card?
    Have you tried using Torpedo or PHTML?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    It's very unlikely that you'll be able to launch apps off the SD card using a palm or palmcall URL. Those URL schemes get converted into a call to DmGetNextDatabaseByTypeCreator, which only works with internal memory.

Still, if you have the creator code of an application installed into the device's RAM, you should be able to use "palm:<CCCC>.appl" to launch it, where <CCCC> is the creator code of the app.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    IT WORKS!!! Thanks bcombee!!!!

I thought it was appname.appl, but its creatorid.appl
    It IS case sensitive and I think that the app must support
    "sysAppLaunchCmdURLParams", which is seems most built-in palm apps do not.

Not to worry, though, I'll write an app that will call the normal launch code of a program passed as a parameter.

ie. palm:blch.app?date will launch calendar after my "blazer launcher" is written -- this is gonna be great!
    --jaslo
    I created the following HTML and copied it to my SD card. When clicking on all the "palm:" links I get a blank screen then the bookmark view for blazer. It's almost like the link is attempted, then blazer is run again.

So no, I can't get it to work; any thoughts?

<html>
    <head>
    <title>My Palm HomePage</title>
    <meta name="PalmComputingPlatform" content="true" />
    <meta name="HandheldFriendly" content="True" />
    </head>
    <body bgcolor="wheat">
    <a accesskey="2" href="http://wap.oa.yahoo.com">2 - Yahoo</a><br>
    <a accesskey="3" href="http://treo.treocentral.com">3 - Treo Central</a><br>
    <a accesskey="4" href="http://treo.tc">4 - treo.tc</a><br>
    <a accesskey="5" href="http://wireless.mapquest.com/Palm/v3.0/index.html">5 - MapQuest</a><br>
    <a accesskey="6" href="palm:Actn.appl">6 - Agendus</a><br>
    <a accesskey="7" href="palm:TNpt.appl">7 - TNpt</a><br>
    <a accesskey="8" href="palm:KLON.appl">8 - Klondike</a><br>
    <a accesskey="9" href="palm:Rall.appl">9 - Rally 1000</a><br>
    <a accesskey="0" href="palm:SpId.appl">0 - SplashID</a><br>
    </body>
    </html>
    koros: where are you from?
    i LIKE THIS...
    this stems a ways from the topic but,would it be useful to turn a treo into a web & ftp server? Could it be used to add files to your card remotely? Has this been discussed? I wish I could search on the mobile edition of TC.
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

Have you tried using Torpedo or PHTML?
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have a look at them tomorrow. In the meantime as SiEd is open source, I've spent the day patching it to work correctly with the 600 5-way and Alt key. The Alt key was a bug*er to get working... but I've think I've now cracked it. However I suspect my patches as they stand will now break the app for non-600 palm devices, so I need to tidy them up a bit before I submit them to the developer so that he can release a 600 compatible version.
    Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Treo 180g -> Treo 600 (UK GSMrevA)
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I proudly present: Blazer Launcher (creator code: Blch).
    Blauncher is not meant to run as a standalone app.
    Blauncher is meant to be used from blazer to redirect the "url" launch code to a "regular" launch code.

Install Blch and try the following URLs in blazer (and prepare to be amazed):

palm:Blch.appl?date

palm:Blch.appl?memo

palm:Blch.appl?HsPr

palm:Blch.appl?HsPh

Of course, you can use Filez to find the creator codes of all your favorite programs.
    BLauncher is attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    --jaslo
    Originally posted by tgabber

In the meantime as SiEd is open source, I've spent the day patching it to work correctly with the 600 5-way and Alt key. The Alt key was a bug*er to get working... but I've think I've now cracked it.
    I'm the developer for SiEd - I spotted this discussion in my web server logs. Any chance of you emailing me your patch? Several people have asked me about 5-way support recently. Don't worry too much about tidying it up if you don't have time, I'm sure I can figure it out.

Thanks,
    Ben
    Dude...

Just tested this with a link to the calendar & to the sprint short mail site.

Sweeeet!
    In a thin section it often exhibits a fluidal structure, marked by the arrangement of microlites in the lines of the flow of the molten mass.
    I've been following this thread with fascination, but I have to admit I don't get how to make blauncher work.

Could someone post a few very clear "HOW TO" instructions using an example or two (different types of things to launch) to demonstrate the secrets of this curious puppy? How to use blauncher for a home page? TIA.

Other than these:

Also, how are these better than launching using hard buttons or other launchers? I don't see the advantage (yet).
    Last edited by elysian9; 02/07/2004 at 09:36 AM.
    Originally posted by SiEd
    I'm the developer for SiEd
    SiEd rocks! It's so refreshingly simple.

If you and tgabber can get the Treo 600 functions working (alt-symbols, 5-way navigation), it would be a wonderful, wonderful thing.
    Originally posted by snerdy

SiEd rocks! It's so refreshingly simple.

If you and tgabber can get the Treo 600 functions working (alt-symbols, 5-way navigation), it would be a wonderful, wonderful thing.

I've sent Ben my changes this afternoon, so hopefully, once he's checked/fixed it for other PalmOs devices, there'll be an official 600-compatible version soon.

I have successfully created html files on the SD card with my test version. Like you say it is refreshingly straightforward to use.
    Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Treo 180g -> Treo 600 (UK GSMrevA)
    This is great stuff. I use LauncherX and like all of the utilities but this gives me the flexibility to do whatever I want for launching or browsing or pictures or whatever!

One question, it seems like I can't launch even the little default.htm test page I set up unless I am connected (Wireless Mode on, GPRS connection to Cingular). Is this consistent with what others see?

dave
    Let me amend that slightly. I can launch the default.htm page. I can navigate to other file based html pages that I created. What asks me to turn on wireless mode is if I try to launch an app via the blauncher that jaslo was so kind to post.

dave
    Originally posted by jaslo
    I proudly present: Blazer Launcher (creator code: Blch).
    Blauncher is not meant to run as a standalone app.
    Blauncher is meant to be used from blazer to redirect the "url" launch code to a "regular" launch code.

Install Blch and try the following URLs in blazer (and prepare to be amazed):

Of course, you can use Filez to find the creator codes of all your favorite programs.
    BLauncher is attached.
    i downloaded it and then entered the above urls after httl: and was then referrred to the palmone site. not quite there yet. what am i missing?
    Originally posted by dgoodisi

file:/// maps to the root of your SD card.

You should create a folder at the root, say "web", and put your html there.
    where do you type this information? i apologize for my ignorance. i am learning this protocol, and this capability seems very interesting.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast