Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Just an FYI, Mac users...

There's a cool little Mac app called VoodooPad, with a free and paid version. It's like a desktop Wiki, and if you don't know what that means I'll try to explain.

You create a mini-web, where it's super easy to quickly hyperlink pages and organize information as you enter it. If you want to create a page with your favorite links, you would just type something like MyLinks and by simply telling the app it's a link - the new page is created and the link is operational.

Anyway... I for sure will be syncing my VoodooPads to my Treo from now on. Way cool.
    ...uh ?

...sorry if my post offended you; i really meant what i wrote; how can i say this...

...maybe my english skills are not exceptional; i wanted to compliment and support JASLO and all of you guys giving good advices here in the forums; what did i write wrong ?

should i edit my post ?

...this is so embarassing...

...all my apologies
    Originally posted by koros
    ...uh ?

...sorry if my post offended you; i really meant what i wrote; how can i say this...

...maybe my english skills are not exceptional; i wanted to compliment and support JASLO and all of you guys giving good advices here in the forums; what did i write wrong ?

should i edit my post ?

...this is so embarassing...

...all my apologies
    i took "please enlighten us with a compendium of URL addresses to launch ANYTHING from RAM and SD card' as sarcastic so if that was not the intent than I apologize.
    no problem...

...I am just too excited about this new feature and i would love to see this thread grow THAT much...

has anyone created a web page yet? I'm out of town and will create one when I return but I would like to see what people have come up with so far.
    Is there a simple text editor that allows you to edit text (or html etc) files on the SD card?
    Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Treo 180g -> Treo 600 (UK GSMrevA)
    where do you enter these files into the root of the sd card?

in other words, do you open the card icon on the screen or do you add the file in another way?
    go on.....
    This is sooooo kewl!
    Except, I typed file://PALM/Launcher/program.prc and blazer brought up a download screen. So, I dont understand how exactly to launch programs. I couldnt get palm:///program.prc to work maybe that directory is off??
    Last edited by ProDucer; 02/06/2004 at 09:50 AM.
    Originally posted by treobk214
    where do you enter these files into the root of the sd card?

in other words, do you open the card icon on the screen or do you add the file in another way?
    file:/// maps to the root of your SD card.

You should create a folder at the root, say "web", and put your html there.
    Hi maybe I am thin, but I still need an ENGLISH explanaion of whatthis is, what it does and how to do it!! take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    tgabber asked:
    Is there a simple text editor that allows you to edit text (or html etc) files on the SD card?
    http://benroe.com/sied/ is listed on freshmeat. I just loaded it and it lets me work on files on my SD card.
    Originally posted by Ribald Hacker

http://benroe.com/sied/ is listed on freshmeat. I just loaded it and it lets me work on files on my SD card.

I just found that as well! Whilst initially overjoyed, I then realised that it doesn't support the Option + Alt keyboard sequence for accessing characters that are not directly available. Bit of a problem when writing html and you need '<' and '>'!

Also doesn't support the 5-way, but that is not as big a problem.

I'm going to email the developer to see if he can update it for the 600 and in the meantime, as it's open source, have a look at the code myself.
    Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Treo 180g -> Treo 600 (UK GSMrevA)
    [i]
    ...and pardon my ignorance but:

why 3 slashes (///) after punctuation (or for that matter why 2 [when there are 2 only]) ?
    I think you need 2 for the protocol, then the third tells it to use an absolute path, like the different between:

windows/system32

...or...

/windows/system32

Second is absolute, guarantees to start at root.

(I think this is why).
    ----------------------------------------
    mk3cn4 uses a Treo 600 with ReqWireless Web Browser (others are useless IMO), Snappermail, Xiino, PalmVNC... and is a big infone fan. Cheaper and magnatudes better than Sprint's 411 ripoff, www.infone.com.
    The standard format of a URL is as follows:

<scheme>://<net_loc>/<path>;<params>?<query>#<fragment>

For accessing files, file is the scheme, there is no net_loc (network location) and then you put the path. So a proper file URL is file:///path. With 3 slashes. Often, user agents will properly interpret a 2 slash file URL.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I cant get this to work. I have been able to load my web page from the card, but the link to launch the memo pad (per the snipit on page 1 does not work. It looks like it is working then dies. The second test used the palmcall function and this did nothing at all.
    Any ideas... I would realy like to be able to use my own web page to launch palm apps etc......
    Does anyone know how to determain what the call is for 3rd part apps (example: mobipocket, filez etc)
    where do you type in this file:/// that you mention?
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    you would copy the htm file to the card (lets assume a folder called web off of the root)
    YOu would open blazer, go to the "www" icon, remove the http:// and type:
    file:///web/filename.htm

where filename is the name of the file.
    I am still unable to get a link to a local app to run the app.
    Any sugestions.
    Originally posted by ilovedessert
    Hi maybe I am thin, but I still need an ENGLISH explanaion of whatthis is, what it does and how to do it!! take care, Jay
    An explanation of how to use this, if you don't understand html and what it can be used for, is going to be tough, and wordy. I think this discovery is primarily of interest to those who already do some html programming. It gives us the ability to use that skill on the palm. Basically, any document that you want to can be formatted as html. e.g., a web page. So you can create a doc that has text, links to the web, links to other files on your SD card, etc.

A lot of documentation for PC apps is now written as html. You could now make the documentation for palm apps as html, and readable on your palm.

You can create your own bookmarks page, and make it the home page for Blazer. Loading from the SD card it will load pretty much instantly, unlike using a page on the Web as your home page. Have you looked at treo1.com, or treo600essentials.com, using Blazer? You could set up your own local home page with links like that.

And just like any other web page, the html you create can contain text, graphics, images, links and whatnot. Basically, Jaslo's discovered a new programming tool for the Treo.

HTH,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Now if only I could get the palm and palmcall URLs to work, it would then be trivial to create custom launchers, including all those fun HTML tricks. Did you know that Blazer supports animated GIFs?

Really my motivation here was to create hyperlinked text databases (think IMDB).
    --jaslo
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast