Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Now that Sprint is beginning to roll out SMS nation wide, as the users of SMS start to increase, the amount of unwanted SMS will increase. What I would like to see would be a program that would do the same thing as CallFilter (shout out to VWear!) but for SMS?!?! Take for example you keep getting an SMS from someone you don't want, you set up the program to block the specific mobile number. Now when that number sends you an SMS, your phone is not alerted, and a predefined message would be returned to the sender "this user is not accepting SMS messages at this time" or any thing you might want it to say

On a side note the current SMS program does not "hide" the content of the SMS message upon receipt. This is also true even if the security feature is enabled on the phone. The "new" SMS message can be read simply by "waking up" the screen.

Developers.... who wants to give this a shot?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Originally posted by Fittske
    Now that Sprint is beginning to roll out SMS nation wide, as the users of SMS start to increase, the amount of unwanted SMS will increase. What I would like to see would be a program that would do the same thing as CallFilter (shout out to VWear!) but for SMS?!?! Take for example you keep getting an SMS from someone you don't want, you set up the program to block the specific mobile number. Now when that number sends you an SMS, your phone is not alerted, and a predefined message would be returned to the sender "this user is not accepting SMS messages at this time" or any thing you might want it to say

On a side note the current SMS program does not "hide" the content of the SMS message upon receipt. This is also true even if the security feature is enabled on the phone. The "new" SMS message can be read simply by "waking up" the screen.

Developers.... who wants to give this a shot?
    TreoHelper already does most of this. Search for TreoHelper and username potatoho.

TreoHelper was originally written for the 180/270/300 and has been modified to run on the 600. However there are settings that don't apply to the 600 due to the new OS and form factor.

He wrote another app, PPJTime, that worked with TreoHelper to automatically sort into folders incoming SMS. Hopefully he will convert this for the 600 as well.

I use TreoHelper in conjunction with my sprintpcs email account to push email to my phone. My pop server forwards email to my sprint account. Sprint sends my phone a sms and deletes the forwarded email. TreoHelper intercepts the SMS email notification, deletes that sms message, and launches Snappermail to download my email.
    How about stop using pictures of the disgustingly ugly Janet Jackson !
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Originally posted by dlbrummels
    How about stop using pictures of the disgustingly ugly Janet Jackson !

<-----(Look)--------(LooK)---<

There are you happy!

I had plan to to that anyway! :-)
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Thanks, seeing Janet all over the place really creeps a person out ! This one is nice !
    Originally posted by dgoodisi

TreoHelper already does most of this. Search for TreoHelper and username potatoho.

TreoHelper was originally written for the 180/270/300 and has been modified to run on the 600. However there are settings that don't apply to the 600 due to the new OS and form factor.

He wrote another app, PPJTime, that worked with TreoHelper to automatically sort into folders incoming SMS. Hopefully he will convert this for the 600 as well.

I use TreoHelper in conjunction with my sprintpcs email account to push email to my phone. My pop server forwards email to my sprint account. Sprint sends my phone a sms and deletes the forwarded email. TreoHelper intercepts the SMS email notification, deletes that sms message, and launches Snappermail to download my email.
    Hey Dgoodisi, did you ever here back from Potatoho if he was going to port PBJTime to the Treo600? That's one of the few apps I miss from my old Treo600...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions