1.    #1  
    Okay, I've seen several people talk about this, but no really great responses yet.

Is there anyway to customize the keyboard to change characters around? In particular, the Option/Alt keys. I would love to exchange one of the standard option keys with it's equivolent Alt symbol.

My biggest reason for doing this is the shortcut key. I cannot comprehend why this important key was so well hidden!! I have considered getting Jot or Graffiti Anywhere for the sole purpose of using :shortcut:, but that's a lot of money to plop down just for one darn character.

If anybody has any suggestions, I would really appreciate it.
  2.    #2  
    OK,
    I just found out that Graffiti Anywhere is shareware, so I don't have to spend a small fortune just to get :shortcut: .

I have installed it and got it working. However, when I use the :shortcut: feature, I can only get it to work by using Graffiti. If I type :shortcut: followed by the shortcut name on the keyboard, nothing happens.

I e-mailed the developer on this. Anyone here have any suggestions?
    Take a look at Textras. It does what the built in shortcuts do and more without using the :shortcut: button. It works very much like autocorrect in Word. $12 shareware.
    John Seay
  4.    #4  
    Wow!
    Textra's an awesome app!! I love it. It's very fast and easy to set up. I can't believe this is the first I heard of it.

One problem though: I need date stamps (@DS). I tried it and it did not work. I may end up using both.