1.    #1  
    I downloaded the adobe app for the palm to my computer. When I try to get it loaded through hotsync, I am told I don't have the right app on my Treo....then HOW do I get the app on my treo if I don't load it through the hotsync?
    Anyone patient enough to help a beginner? I need to be able to read some pdf files on my Treo....I have a memory card.
    The Adobe Reader you downloaded should be a .exe file. You have to install that on your computer. Just follow the instructions. It will prompt you to perform a hotsync to install the required files on the Treo. Also, be aware that in order to view .pdf files on your Treo you will have to convert them on your computer first. So you will always have to download them to the computer, convert them, then transfer to the Treo.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    You need to download the current version from Adobe, which includes the PC app for transfer of .pdf files to your Palm device.

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I tried to install Version 3, and get the following error:
    Unable to load instaide.dll. Please install OS desktop Vesion 4 or higher (I have Version 4.1 installed) if I continiue with the installation i get the following error: Failed to load Conduit manager.DLL.
    I then tried to install Version 2, and get following error message:
    Version of Palm Desktop is to old.
    I have the Treo 600 GSM version.
    Anybody know what to do??
    Originally posted by Draugen
    I tried to install Version 3, and get the following error:
    Unable to load instaide.dll. Please install OS desktop Vesion 4 or higher (I have Version 4.1 installed) if I continiue with the installation i get the following error: Failed to load Conduit manager.DLL.
    I then tried to install Version 2, and get following error message:
    Version of Palm Desktop is to old.
    I have the Treo 600 GSM version.
    Anybody know what to do??
    I also had this error in another instance. Goto Find on your desktop and search for instaide.dll. Just copy and paste it into the palm destop directory (or in this case the handspring dir)...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by dcarley
    I downloaded the adobe app for the palm to my computer. When I try to get it loaded through hotsync, I am told I don't have the right app on my Treo....then HOW do I get the app on my treo if I don't load it through the hotsync?
    Anyone patient enough to help a beginner? I need to be able to read some pdf files on my Treo....I have a memory card.
    There are actually numerous PDF readers for PalmOS. However, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $they$ $all$ $require$ $a$ $desktop$ $conduit$ $to$ $convert$ $the$ $pdf$'$s$ $into$ $a$ $palm$ $compatible$ $format$. Acrobat 3.0 for PalmOS is free but in my experience is extremely slow. Another option is RichReader which seems decent. Furthermore, it should be noted that Dativiz's DTG6 also has PDF support. Thus if you already have DTG^, then you really don't need any of the other apps to view converted pdf files.... Finally, I think I should mention Repligo 2.0 which probably is the BEST DOCUMENT VIEWER period for PalmOS! Repligo is not a docuement editor like DTG6, but for pure viewing purposes (like manuals, texts etc) it is the best solution imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions