Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by varoomba
    Guys - many of you are very loyal Agendus fans. So much so that I downloaded the trail (just the Palm version, maybe I should do the desktop too?).

Problem - it's pretty and if I have the stylus out, it seems to work great, but:

1) Finding a contact is not as easy as the built in contacts program where I can type first initial last name or first name last initial, etc. Also, doing this with one seems to be more difficult.

2) Dialing a specific contact number with one hand seems to be more difficult.

3) Why would I want to use the Agendus SMS client that doesn't thread messages like the built in SMS message program. Can I turn it off?

4) Why would I want to use the Agendus e-mail program? I already am having trouble deciding between Snapper Mail and Versamail - what does this have to make it tilt the scales in it's favor? I can't see anything (maybe integration - but does it really link the e-mail in a reportable fashion that makes it useful?)

5) I thought it did a great job with To-Do's. Supposedly had the ability to create to-do's with sub-to-do's under them. Can't see this. Or do I not understand what is meant by hierarchical to-do's? (probably)

6) I would really like more phone numbers but since it works with the built in database, that's probably not possible.

7) Prior to my 650 I was able to give descriptions to my phone numbers by adding words prior to the number. For example, if I had one entry for my parents, I would list both of their cell numbers and identify them by typing MOM: before the first and DAD: before the second. This worked great as it showed the description in the contact list and when I clicked on the specific number to dial, it ignored the text and just dialed the number. Now, text preceeding the number confuses the Contacts program and blows out the listing all together (it appears as a blank mobile number). Additionally, when a call comes in from that number caller ID doesn't link it to the database...
    Agendus keeps my descriptors but does not solve the caller ID issue...

Contacts are so simple. Give me lots of lines for phone numbers and e-mails and allow me to label them. Why is that so hard for a device whose primary function is communication? (Don't get me wrong, I love my Treo 650, but these simple shortcomings do frustrate me. Am I off my rocker or wouldn't everyone struggle with these same problems?)

So, it gets back to, why Agendus? What compells you to use it. Ignore the cost - I just want to know why it is worth the apparent increased effort of use.

Ok, I've read the 97 page manual for Agendus. I couldn't find a manual for Agendus Mail...

After reading the manual, only question #5 was answered. I now understand hierarchical to-do's - and I like them.

Questions 3 & 4 are kind of answered. I can't see a reaon that Agendus Mail is better than Snapper or Versa - actually, I would say it's on par with Versa and trails Snapper. On messaging, the built in app on the 600 & 650 is better in my mind because it threads conversation. Also, it seems clear that Agendus integrates fine with Snapper, Versa and Messaging - so I don't think I even loose any integrated functions by using Snapper or Vera or Messaging instead of Agendus.

The remainder of my questions remain unanswered. Of most concern are the one handed usibility. Can I dial a call as quickly and as easily on Agendus as I can do with the built in contacts app? It sure doesn't look like it!

Agendus fanatics - let me know what I'm missing and why Agendus is great addition to a Treo 650!

Thanks in adance for your help.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    looks like Agendus is the Big Dog for the Treo during the T600 days. Is the same still true now???
    Ok, I've read the 97 page manual for Agendus. I couldn't find a manual for Agendus Mail...

After reading the manual, only question #5 was answered. I now understand hierarchical to-do's - and I like them.

Questions 3 & 4 are kind of answered. I can't see a reaon that Agendus Mail is better than Snapper or Versa - actually, I would say it's on par with Versa and trails Snapper. On messaging, the built in app on the 600 & 650 is better in my mind because it threads conversation. Also, it seems clear that Agendus integrates fine with Snapper, Versa and Messaging - so I don't think I even loose any integrated functions by using Snapper or Vera or Messaging instead of Agendus.

The remainder of my questions remain unanswered. Of most concern are the one handed usibility. Can I dial a call as quickly and as easily on Agendus as I can do with the built in contacts app? It sure doesn't look like it!

Agendus fanatics - let me know what I'm missing and why Agendus is great addition to a Treo 650!

Thanks in adance for your help.

For questions 3 and 4, your assumption IMHO is correct - I use Snapper and the integrated SMS

As far as single handed use for dialing, it will depend on whether you list your contacts as expanded or collapsed. In expanded mode (which you can toggle when your curser is highlighing the contact icon at the bottom of the screen) all of the contacts numbers will be shown. Each number can be dialed simply by using a digit ( I use my thumb) to choose a number just as you would in the Palm contacts application. Same goes for e-mail address, etc. You can alsok keep the contacts in collapsed mode, choose the contact you want, use your thumb to click the phone icon and dial from there with the 5-way. Personally, I don't recall ever having to use the stylus for this program.

For "Mom and Dad" numbers, only way to accomodate is to either use a custom field or "remember" which mobile number is for Mom and which is for Dad.

From my personal use, Agendus does the best job on integrating all of the contact and calender information for my use. Clearly, others feel the same about DateBk 5, etc....
    I do remember seeing software somewhere that could manipulate the field labels - think I'll locate it and try it out....will let you know.
    treo2die4 (nice name),

Thanks for your feedback and help. If you find the program where you can manipulat ethe field labels, let me know, that would be great.

TAKEphONE is preparing a release which will supposedly incorporate this feature, but I am not aware of anyone who offers the feature today. I'd be interested in knowing more about it.

Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    For questions 3 and 4, your assumption IMHO is correct - I use Snapper and the integrated SMS

I do remember seeing software somewhere that could manipulate the field labels - think I'll locate it and try it out....will let you know.

Here's the link - works pretty slick!.

http://mytreo.net/downloads/modules....etails/lid/471
    BTW,

For your q #1 - hard to find contacts, just start typing the contacts 1st name
    For q #6- need more fields, using the blue "+" sign at the bottom of the screen you can add fields to allow for up to 9 phone numbers/sms/e-mail/etc., and 9 custom fields
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    Here's the link - works pretty slick!.

http://mytreo.net/downloads/modules....etails/lid/471
    Treo2Die4 - doesn't this change the field label across the board - i.e. if I change it won't it be changed for all contacts? Still cool, but not quite the solution for contacts that have unique labels. I'm going to play with it though. Thanks for the suggestion and your responses!
    With just over 6,000 contacts, I found that Beyond Contacts was FAR too slow in sorting through things.. I'm now trying KeyContacts.
    Treo2Die4 - doesn't this change the field label across the board - i.e. if I change it won't it be changed for all contacts? Still cool, but not quite the solution for contacts that have unique labels. I'm going to play with it though. Thanks for the suggestion and your responses!
    Yes - it does globally change the field label. For me that's kind of the nature of a database, would seem difficult to have unique field labels.
    I like KeyContacts, because it allows me to synch all the categories I have in Outlook, but I have not figured out a way for it to match the photo caller ID of Palm Contacts. Also, has anyone figured out if KeyContacts is compatible with any of the 3rd party ringer programs that allow you to set individual ringtones?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123