Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I think you are mixing up your applications.

If you wanted a streamlined program that supports the Treo 600 just to use the built in address book and dial with a few presses you should be using TakephONE not a calendar/scheduling application.
    Originally posted by dlbrummels
    I think you are mixing up your applications.

If you wanted a streamlined program that supports the Treo 600 just to use the built in address book and dial with a few presses you should be using TakephONE not a calendar/scheduling application.
    But this uses the internal contacts database correct? This does not show all 19 fields of numbers and emails (not like I am using all 19 fields), most of my contacts have over 6 lines of numbers and emails that the palm contact list currently supports.
    Note to self: Why don't you ever listen to me?
    Sorry I thought speed was the issue.

Yes the built in address book that they use is the issue, since it will not show all the different levels of phone, faxs, emails etc., that Outlook holds. They are using the internal address book.

Sounds like you need Datviz Beyond Contacts.

Beyond Contacts provides everything you need in one package to manage your Outlook data for Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Notes on your handheld, down to the very last detail! This powerful application goes beyond just synchronization by providing the same look and feel of Outlook on your handheld, plus it brings all your Outlook data from multiple addresses and categories to meeting attendees and location. You can also access your Inbox messages on your handheld, making it easy to catch up on e-mail when out of the office
    NEW! Faster sync speed
    Get your Outlook data up-to-date and in sync quickly - Up to 10x faster!

NEW! Treo 600 5-way navigation support
    Access your important Outlook data using easy one-handed operation.

NEW! Dial a contact's phone number via a Bluetooth connection
    Use Beyond Contacts on your PDA to dial the numbers on your cell phone.

NEW! Save attachments onto your expansion card
    Now it's easier to save space on your handheld's memory when syncing your e-mail with attachments using Inbox To Go.

NEW! Date Range support when synchronizing e-mail messages using Inbox To Go
    Manage your Inbox by choosing the number of days of e-mail to sync.

Multi-PC synchronization support
    Now synchronize with both a work and home computer when you have Outlook installed on both!

Support MORE Outlook fields and data than any other solution.
    Always have the most accurate and current info including:

All 3 e-mail addresses
    All 19 phone numbers
    Multiple categories
    Birthdays and Anniversaries
    All 3 mailing addresses
    Plus much more!
    Integrated Outlook-like applications
    Beyond Contacts installs its own Outlook-like applications that are seamlessly integrated on the handheld. There's no confusing setup process or custom field-mapping!

Outlook-style navigation
    Quickly move to and from Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes plus your Inbox by using helpful navigation tools including shortcuts, folders and categories.

Smartphone Support*
    Now you can easily dial directly from within the Contacts application (including the new Treo 600).
    I think we are speaking about the same things just in diffrent terms. I know what I need to allow me to view my contacts from outlook. That is completly 150% understood.

What I want is this but will work 250% with the treo 600 phone software. Like replacing the default contact db with beyond contacts. but I want the same functionality + a little more when I replace the default with Beyond Contacts. When I do the lookup I want the Treo 600 speed search (I think this is what they call it) where if I was looking for John Doe and not Jane Doe I could do jod not jad to get there info ontop of have all 19 fields for contact numbers if I need them. Right now I have counted 2-4 extra key presses to what I can do with the default configuration just without all the fields readily available.

Now I have contacted DataVIz about this and they say are activly working on this and staying in contact with Handspring/Palm on getting this functionality into this phone since many of the people there are using this device.

Sorry to make this a long drawn out discussion. I know something what I think I do not put well into words at times.
    Note to self: Why don't you ever listen to me?
    I purchased Beyond Contacts and use it to sync all my info from Outlook. I am very happy with it. It does support 5-way button support now in the new version.

It's not that expensive either.

Thanks for reading and see you out there.

Brad Hoesman Realtor Real Estate One Ann Arbor, Michigan
    (734) 945-5626
  6.    #26  
    Do you use this on multiple PC's I read that it causes multiple entries.
    Sorry about the typing errors; I'm all thumbs.
    No, I'm sorry but I don't use it on multiple PCs. Just one PC at home to sync with my Treo600.

Thanks for reading and see you out there.

Brad Hoesman Realtor Real Estate One Ann Arbor, Michigan
    (734) 945-5626
    Originally posted by Ainvar . . . I cant really say agendus is a replacement contact app/db since it uses the default palm contact db that cant store more than one mailing address per contact. . . [/B]
    I'm surprised to see you say this. I use the custom fields, and other otherwise unused fields, to store and sync other data, such as alternate addresses, case numbers, opposing attorney, etc. etc. etc. Why can't you do this too?

And I agree that if you want or need the closest thing to a quasi-relational database on your Palm, Agendus is it, without peer. Most of the others are one-trick ponies, except for DateBk5 which for me has lots of tricks but omits the few I need the most, last I checked.

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    I dont like agendus (dont flame) for some reason cant get the keyboard to work well with it, so if I want to check stuff I have to use my stylis
  10.    #30  
    Tried Agendus for a week or so, I don't get the loyalty to this app.
    I was looking for something a bit less $$ I am finding that the default contacts search is working better and better for me.

I know I know why skimp on an app when you have a $600.00 phone?

answer : So I can buy a $600.00 phone
    Sorry about the typing errors; I'm all thumbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by NateS
    I'm surprised to see you say this. I use the custom fields, and other otherwise unused fields, to store and sync other data, such as alternate addresses, case numbers, opposing attorney, etc. etc. etc. Why can't you do this too? NateS
    If someone can answer this question I would be very happy.

Why doesn't Agendus import and display the mailing addresses and notes info from Outlook?
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    and also, gang, as an fyi - the latest version of Agendus (8.02) has made strong improvements in the total support of d-pad integration. They've been nicking away at it with their prior versions, and are just about there with this one. Very nice.
    The new Beyond Contacts 3.005 is also supposed to be able to sync with native COntacts database, but unfortunately, it dones't do both the BC database and the native database simultaneously. sucks IMHO
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    I have been using Datebk5 for awhile and have been happy with it, but I wanted better integration,sorting and information for the contacts. I tried Agendus and everytime I tried to start it I had a soft reset. So I put Datebk back on and the search continues.
    I use Agendus pro, now have version 8. I love the integration of my contacts, to-do's, calendar, and mail. There are so many features that are not implemented in the default applications that I find the $40 well worth it.
    bump

I have tried Agendus, Beyond Contacts, Keysuite, the native app, and even Snappermail, Inbox to Go, Versamail and others.

Still looking for the application that does it all: supports all outlook fields; supports folders and subfolders; pleasing UI, D-pad support; supports thousands of contacts, etc...

So far, I think I'm looking at the possibility of AgendusMail + BeyondContacts, but I haven't tried it yet...
    I am going to purchase beyond contacts for my wifes palm and put it through the paces, if it is as good as you guys say it is I will then take the plunge into Palm world. I have been using an Ipaq for a year so far primarily for the contacts and I have had alot of success with it organising all of the data. I have a business card scanner that scans the card and the data is then tansfered to outlook. I currently have over 1000 contacts with 3-4 phone numbers each, 3 addresses, etc.... I also utilise the "notes" section in the contacts for other info such as birthdays, siblings, directions, etc....The treo 600 was exactly the thing i have been looking for for some time now, and the 650 when it is avail for Verizon will help make my decision. The cementing of the deal will be the capabilities of the software, because the original palm contact software is much to be desired. Thank you everyone for all of the helpfull information.
    Guys - many of you are very loyal Agendus fans. So much so that I downloaded the trail (just the Palm version, maybe I should do the desktop too?).

Problem - it's pretty and if I have the stylus out, it seems to work great, but:

1) Finding a contact is not as easy as the built in contacts program where I can type first initial last name or first name last initial, etc. Also, doing this with one seems to be more difficult.

2) Dialing a specific contact number with one hand seems to be more difficult.

3) Why would I want to use the Agendus SMS client that doesn't thread messages like the built in SMS message program. Can I turn it off?

4) Why would I want to use the Agendus e-mail program? I already am having trouble deciding between Snapper Mail and Versamail - what does this have to make it tilt the scales in it's favor? I can't see anything (maybe integration - but does it really link the e-mail in a reportable fashion that makes it useful?)

5) I thought it did a great job with To-Do's. Supposedly had the ability to create to-do's with sub-to-do's under them. Can't see this. Or do I not understand what is meant by hierarchical to-do's? (probably)

6) I would really like more phone numbers but since it works with the built in database, that's probably not possible.

7) Prior to my 650 I was able to give descriptions to my phone numbers by adding words prior to the number. For example, if I had one entry for my parents, I would list both of their cell numbers and identify them by typing MOM: before the first and DAD: before the second. This worked great as it showed the description in the contact list and when I clicked on the specific number to dial, it ignored the text and just dialed the number. Now, text preceeding the number confuses the Contacts program and blows out the listing all together (it appears as a blank mobile number). Additionally, when a call comes in from that number caller ID doesn't link it to the database...
    Agendus keeps my descriptors but does not solve the caller ID issue...

Contacts are so simple. Give me lots of lines for phone numbers and e-mails and allow me to label them. Why is that so hard for a device whose primary function is communication? (Don't get me wrong, I love my Treo 650, but these simple shortcomings do frustrate me. Am I off my rocker or wouldn't everyone struggle with these same problems?)

So, it gets back to, why Agendus? What compells you to use it. Ignore the cost - I just want to know why it is worth the apparent increased effort of use.
    No disrespect intended, but you've asked a ton of questions, most of which indicate you have NOT read the manual and consequently are overlooking features and making erroneous assumptions. I would suggest that you read or at least look up these topics in the manual and you will find that most of the things you assume Agendus can't do are actually very easy to do quite well in Agendus.

Then, if you still have any unanswered questions left, come back and let us know.

It would take a huge amount of time for anyone here to compose and type out detailed replies and explanations here, and would somewhat be the equivalent of having the manual read out loud to you. Don't you think you owe it to yourself and the rest of us to read it yourself? It will be worth the investment of your time.

Then again, some kind soul may be willing to do it all for you right here.
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    Quote Originally Posted by NateS
    You've asked a ton of questions, most of which indicate you have NOT read the manual and consequently are overlooking features and making erroneous assumptions. I would suggest that you read or at least look up these topics in the manual and you will find that most of the things you assume Agendus can't do are actually very easy to do quite well in Agendus.
    Hi Nate,

You are right - I have not read the manual. You suggestion is certainly a good and fair one. Frankly, I usually demo the software a bit and if it seems to have potential I then read the manual. After all of the glowing reviews of Agendus, I should trust that it has potential and get into the manual now. I'll do that and then come back to the thread if I have unanswered questions.

Thanks for keeping me in line!

Keith
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast