1.    #1  
    I just sold my Cingular Treo 600 and bought a Sprint PCS version. I received an email from the guy who bought my old 600 saying that the screen was off center. I had a photo I had taken of the phone with the screen on and I pulled it out and sure enough, it was offset to the left.

Out of curiosity, I grabbed my Sprint Treo 600 and it too is offset to the left, actually farther than the Cingular phone was. Has anyone else noticed this or did I just manage to get two phones with off center displays?
    They're all that way, and it's been discussed here ad nauseum.
  3.    #3  
    Strange I missed that.. I dont come into the Hardware forum often tho.

Thanks!
    The theory seems to be the black stripe down the right side of the screen is due to the stylus channel.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Originally posted by chazglenn3
    The theory seems to be the black stripe down the right side of the screen is due to the stylus channel.
    actually I believe it is because the screen is illuminated from the right side of the screen (tilt to the side and you'll see the lighting). If the lighting was too close to the colored pixels, I think you wouldn't get a consistent illumination. The right side would look really washed out.
    How about the right answer straight from the source:

http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...sType=RESEARCH
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    How about the right answer straight from the source:

http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...sType=RESEARCH
    How about you paraphrase since that answer is"under review or been removed"
    Originally posted by Aaron C

How about you paraphrase since that answer is"under review or been removed"
    that's what i did...2 posts up.
    Why is my Treo 600 screen slightly off-center? Is it defective?

Nope. We designed it that way. All Treo 600 screens are slightly off-center (to the left).

The screen: size vs. symmetry
    In order to design the Treo 600 as one of the most compact smartphones ever created, we had to squeeze the screen, along with all the other components, into a space of 4.4 x 2.4 x 0.9 inches. Rather than make the device symmetrical (and larger), we nudged the screen less than a quarter of an inch off-center, in order to accommodate the other components in minimal space.

During the design phase, our hardware designers toyed with increasing the width of the plastic casing along the right side of the screen (thus centering the screen in a plastic square that was slightly wider on the right), or making the device itself larger, but they didn't like the way that looked. We went with the more attractive option.

Is it a defect?
    No, this has been part of the Treo 600 specification from very early in the design phase.

Our product designers decided on a form factor that maximized the space available in an amazingly compact package. We think they did a fantastic job.
    One day, in the future you will see: HELP, my T600 screen IS CENTERED!