1.    #1  
    I downloaded a legal opinion off of a court website in a "DOC" format. When I tried to "Save" it, I saw a "transferring" message and the file seemed to disappear.

After rooting around some, I opened HandZipperLite (bundled with Snappermail) and saw the case that I saw there listed as a .pdb file.

Now how the heck do I read the bloody thing!?!! I does not really seem to be a zip type issue. I did not see the file under either my Palm Reader or Quickword directory and I can not figure out any other options.

I am a relativce Palm newbie and maybe someone with more experience will have the answer.

Thank you.
    doc file? a ms word doc file? or a palm doc file?

you downloaded it using what? your treo? your pc?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3.    #3  
    On my Treo 600 & from the following site - www.courtinfo.ca.gov/opinions - I accessed the recent legal opinions and had the option of downloading as either DOC or PDF - I chose DOC - I believe (but do not know for sure) that is a Word document - when I clicked it I got the same dialog box I get when I download pictures - do you want to download? - I said yes - then it asked me the name to save it as - I chose the case number Axxxxxx - it was at the immediately following point when I clicked that I got the transferring msg I described in my original post.

I hope the above context assists the analysis
    okay, I was able to go to the site and download a doc (a word file called a102790.doc).

lazer asked if I wanted to download, I said yes. Then it asked if i wanted to open or save. i chose open. it opened with doc2go. when i closed doc2go i couldnt find it anywhere.

I went back and save it and this time found it with filez.

I then went into doc2go and had it search for file. It found it. I was then able to open the file.

Yippee.

so, if you have doc2go premium you should be able to view the file later if you saved it (which you did since it is on your device).

if you dont have doc2go, you might be able to open it with the lite version of doc2go that came with the treo, but you wont be able to view it later if you save it.
    Felipe
  5.    #5  
    Thx for running it. I got as far as tryng to open a DOC file. I got the following error message:

Application Missing - The application to open this type of document could not be found.

I think I have Documents To Go on my Treo 600. I hit the document icon and it says Documents To Go Viewer Edition Treo Optimized by DataViz, Inc. It also gives me the link to get the Premium edition. But then when I hit the OK button I just go back to the application launcher page.

Do I need to do something to activate the lite edition on my Treo 600?

Once I get this part working, I will consider purchasing the Premium edition.

Thx.
    the viewer that came with your treo is a limited version of doc2go. apparently it only works with email clients.

i think you will need the full version to do wha you want to do.

you can try the full version for free it you want to try it out:
    http://www.dataviz.com/products/docu...ogo/index.html
    Felipe
  7.    #7  
    Thx for the tip. I will check it out tomorrow at work where I have my Treo 600 HotSync.
  8.    #8  
    felipe - thx for the tip - i got Dox2Go Premium installed today and it works like a charm - i was able to read not only the case i downloaded today from the site, but also the one i dl'ed a week or so ago.

i see thqt Dox2Go still needs some fine tuning for the 5-way nav, but i believe that there is another thread that deals with that issue.

i still have the quickword and the rest of that suite that i transferred over from my Treo 300 - but is there much use for qw now that i have Dox2Go?

again, thank you.
    Dave,

you are welcomed.

I have never used the qw suite, so I dont know what it will provide you above what d2g offers.

You are right d2g will soon have an update that will hopefully will have more support for 5-way nav.
    Felipe
    Is handzipperlite available as a free download? If not, are there any freeware unzippers like handzipperlite?
    Originally posted by gomarpyle
    Is handzipperlite available as a free download? If not, are there any freeware unzippers like handzipperlite?
    handzipper lite come with snapper mail.
    Felipe