Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yes, I have put in my zip code in the past and found that it was available. Either Cingular is changing its rates, and has pulled the old information, or it is rethinking whether to offer the service entirely.

I also put in NYC and LA zip codes to see if those worked and they did not.
    Interesting - maybe thigns are changing on the fly?

90001 IS a LA zipcode (more or less).

Let me try both again...one moment!...both successfully allowed Cingular selection.

I let the defaults apply, typed in 20001 and 90001 as zipcode, clicked "continue" etc etc etc and made it all the way to checkout.

(20001 is Washington DC area)
    It is interesting. I also noticed when I put in 20001, the plans which come up are different than the ones which I remember for my zip code. Cingular seems to have eliminated the basic voice plan from the package.

What I am really interested in knowing is the pricing for voice, data and Goodlink service. Does anyone know if the Goodlink service is in addition to the data service cost? Because Goodlink will be my primary use, I don't need much in the way of a voice plan or other data service.
    I ordered a Treo 600 thru Cingular on Jan 12. Was told it would be in my hands around the first week of Feb.

Well, no phone yet, so I got on the land line for some answers!

Cingular: Worthless "on backorder, no info, yad yad yad.

Handspring: "If you order your T600 thru us, you'll have it in about a week. Would you like to place an order ($600)? Well if you've ordered thru Cingular, they'll be getting their phones in around the end of MARCH. We have to clear OUR backorder first BEFORE shipping out to cellular providers!"

I just can't believe that there'd be such a huge backorder!
    > ...Well if you've ordered thru Cingular, they'll be getting their
    > phones in around the end of MARCH. We have to clear OUR
    > backorder first BEFORE shipping out to cellular providers!...

What the CSR said to you does not make sense.

If PalmOne has a backorder to clear out then the lead time to get a Cingular TREO 600 from their web site would be long - it is not. Instead, essentially as fast as you order one direct you get it shipped.

That is not a backorder, small or large.
    Hey Seldom

Makes perfect sense, if you read the whole post. Your comeback shows you're not understanding what's written! Handspring rep stated: "If you placed your order thru Cingular, we, aka Handspring, will be shipping to Cingular, WHEN Handspring has filled Handspring's backorders."

He also stated the time frame for shipping to Cingular (For Cingular backorders ordered thru Cingular.) would be pretty close to the end of March.

Got it now?
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Last week a friend of mine went into a Cingular store in Thousand Oaks, California & purchased a 600. I just checked their website with a Los Angeles zip & the 600 is up there for $499.99 with a 2 year contract.

Kirby
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12