1.    #1  
    Is there any way to do the sprint PCS update without doing a hard reset? I really don't want to go back and restore all the data, install all the apps I have, find registration keys, etc.

WHat's listed as part of the update, most of those don't matter to me. The only thing I don't understand is "resetting issue caused by SMS text messaging with new network SMS implementation hosted by Sprint". I don't believe my treo600 has reset since I got it, and that includes in the past few weeks since SMS has been working here in Columbus, OH (woo-hoo! :-) ).

If I have to do a hard reset, and there is little benefit to me, then I'm not going to bother updating. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Originally posted by TheSkipper
    If I have to do a hard reset, and there is little benefit to me, then I'm not going to bother updating. Thanks.
    what is so hard about re-syncing? Just use the same Hotsync user name?
    When you hotsync the second time, after the hard reset, it will restore all your apps and data. It, won't, however, restore some of the preference settings you had, so you should probably get the trial version of a backup utitility and use it before you start the upgrade. Then you'll get everything restored.

I use BackupBuddy, but search the forums here and you'll see some others recommended as well.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.