Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Everybody's raving about this app and it is good, but why does there seem to be minimal 5 way pad support in it?
    Am I missing something here or is it not using one of the Treo's major features. If not, why not ?
    what kind of 5 way support you looking for? I seem to be able to use it with no problem. There is a setting in prefs about the 5-way and a time-out period. I do not understand what this part does, but like i said, mine seems to work always.
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    When you do a search and come up with a few names, as far as I can see, choosing the correct one with the 5 way is possible but clicking the center button on the right phone number seems to do nothing. Surely, the most intuitive thing to do is click with the center button to dial or go to the next screen.

Also, it doesn't seem to be possible to go from the find tab to the quickdial pad or any of the side tabs with the 5 way.
    Once you get to the screen where all the numbers are listed with details, the 5 way pad does allow you to scroll but only vertically - its not possible to go from the first column to the second without scrolling all the way to the botton of the first column. When you find the right number, the center button does nothing !

There's plenty more too !!

Ravi

Oh yeah, there's no support whatsoever for the 5 way in ANY of the preferences screens. $20. Hmmm...
    Last edited by ravi; 02/07/2004 at 12:42 PM.
    Originally posted by ravi
    When you do a search and come up with a few names, as far as I can see, choosing the correct one with the 5 way is possible but clicking the center button on the right phone number seems to do nothing. Surely, the most intuitive thing to do is click with the center button to dial or go to the next screen.

Also, it doesn't seem to be possible to go from the find tab to the quickdial pad or any of the side tabs with the 5 way.
    Once you get to the screen where all the numbers are listed with details, the 5 way pad does allow you to scroll but only vertically - its not possible to go from the first column to the second without scrolling all the way to the botton of the first column. When you find the right number, the center button does nothing !

There's plenty more too !!

Ravi

Oh yeah, there's no support whatsoever for the 5 way in ANY of the preferences screens. $20. Hmmm...

When you do a search, and it comes up with the correct one, clicking the center button, it brings up tap to dial, and a press and it dials the phone number.

The 5 way pad works in all menus as far as my setup goes.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Huh ?

When I press the centre button, all that happens is that the selection that i've made skips up to the top of the list!

Any ideas ?
    Under Telephony Prefs are you sure that dial using Smartphone/App: Treo is selected ?
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Yes that is selected.

BUT I've just noticed that there is a newer beta version and I've downloaded that so maybe that'll help !
    Hi,

What version were you using ?

Please use the latest (5.05m).

You can get them at www.shsh.com/beta

Let me know if this helps
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Shimon tell them they are doing something wrong. Works great for me must be something in the settings
    Fred
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I used the latest version (from the site) and it just doesn't work for me at all. I have un-installed and re-installed three or four times but it still makes no difference - just the same problems that I've outlined above.

Now I have downloaded the latest beta and that did the trick - the center button works all the time but still not much 5 way support in the preferences section. Some of the checkboxes in there are soooo small you just have to use your finger (very tricky) or get the stylus out (oh my god noooo !!)

Program's great though. I'm just not sure why it's behaving like this on my 600.
    Maybe its a conflict with something else ?
    Originally posted by ravi
    I used the latest version (from the site) and it just doesn't work for me at all. I have un-installed and re-installed three or four times but it still makes no difference - just the same problems that I've outlined above.

Now I have downloaded the latest beta and that did the trick - the center button works all the time but still not much 5 way support in the preferences section. Some of the checkboxes in there are soooo small you just have to use your finger (very tricky) or get the stylus out (oh my god noooo !!)

Program's great though. I'm just not sure why it's behaving like this on my 600.
    Maybe its a conflict with something else ?
    It's true 5-way nav is not supported in the preferences screens - seemed to me this is a minor issue, and I better spend my time on bigger features, such as REAL pauses dialing, etc.

Note:
    Unlike the built-in software, TAKEphONE allows you to enter pauses (extra-digits) in address-book contacts, too (not just favorites).
    It also handles multiple 'hard' pauses and 'timed' pauses properly.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Shimon,

I'm not knocking your app!

All I'm saying is that as most users are likely to spend a bit of time in the preferences section configuring everything till they get it just right, maybe the 5 way should be supported. I have to get in there quite a few times and it's a real pain when I have to keep getting the stylus out everytime I want to change something. I know its a minor point but the beauty of the Treo IS in the minor points that make it so unique, usable and loved.

I also understand that your are probably working flat out to get the 'major stuff' added so sometimes the little stuff gets pushed to the back !

Anyway, it hasn't ruined my experience of the app - I'll be buying it later today so I'm voting with my dollars !!

Please, if you can, at some point, empower the 5 way in the prefs!!
    No offense taken.

I WILL add this ...

Thanks !!!

Shimon
    Shimon Shnitzer