1.    #1  
    I ran the update the day it was released, and my Treo has been working fine ever since. However, I just discovered that when I try to enter a new URL into Blazer, my Treo resets (screen goes dark and I'm back at dialpad - sometimes it reactivates wireless mode and sometimes not).

All I have to do is start typing in the URL and bam, there it goes. At least once I was able to get a few letters in before it bombed out on me.

Is this a known issue?
    I had a similar problem. I began to enter a URL then when I enetered the period (dot) after www the treo crashed and restarted. Orange technical said I should do a hard reset. This cured the problem but I had to reinstall everything manually as it kept crashing. I am using the original firmware and software.
  3.    #3  
    Wow, that sucks. I did a hard reset when I installed the update, I really don't feel like doing it again but if it will fix Blazer...

Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by HeyHey
    I had a similar problem. I began to enter a URL then when I enetered the period (dot) after www the treo crashed and restarted. Orange technical said I should do a hard reset. This cured the problem but I had to reinstall everything manually as it kept crashing. I am using the original firmware and software.
    Do you have TextPlus installed?
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by elysian9
    Do you have TextPlus installed?
    Nope. Never even heard of it.
    You need a program like FileZ from:

http://nosleepsoftware.sourceforge.net/

This will let you find the hidden files that are corrupt.

You need to delete two files:

Web Find AutoFill
    Web URL AutoFill

I did this and my blazer works fine!
  7.    #7  
    Bingo! Thanks for the info, that cleared it right up. Launcher X was able to see the files I needed to delete.

Glad I held off on wiping the entire unit. Sometimes brute force is the only way, I knew this wasn't one of them.

Originally posted by rnayfield
    You need a program like FileZ from:

http://nosleepsoftware.sourceforge.net/

This will let you find the hidden files that are corrupt.

You need to delete two files:

Web Find AutoFill
    Web URL AutoFill

I did this and my blazer works fine!
    Bummer. I missed this thread - had the exact same problem today - wiped my Treo and reinstalled everything. Granted - it wasn't that hard, and setting up my sync stuff won't be hard.

I'm going to pick up FileZ or Launcher X, though.
    I had tried the method but failed. The deleted files were occured again after I launch Blazer, which might recreated by OS. Anyone face the same problem? and anway to solve the problem?

I had updated the firmware to 3.04.
    Make sure you nuke the autofill files from your backup folder too or they may re-assert themselves at the next HotSync.
    I hadn't performed HotSync after deleted the autofill files. I launched the Blazer after deleted by LauncherX, then quit immediately. Then I found these two files are recreated. Do any option can disable that?

Also, I had tried Xiino, but seems failed (screen go to white and without response, need to soft reset). Now I can't browse any page. Poor
    My sprint store said this a known glitch in the software (I've had 2 units replaced because of the problem). It might be worse for mac users (I am one). There is no fix and doesn't seem to be important to Sprint or Handspring/Palmone. They basically said I was sol. They still won't give refunds and are knowingly selling a defective product. hmmm.
    Deleting just the Web URL Autofill file fixed mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by satangrl666
    There is no fix.
    Simply wrong.

The fix is posted all over this forum and in the support section of the Palm One web site as well.