Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I recently purchased a Treo600, and have officially encountered my first problem.

Upon capturing a picture and preparing to share it, I go to the option of choosing an email address from one of my contacts.

However, when i scroll through the contacts and choose an email, the Treo soft resets.

What's going on?
    When on occasion I experience resets, it is normally due to low memory. From the main screen, check memory and make sure it is over 1 MB.

If anyone else can think of something else, chime in.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Originally posted by GeekyMom
    From the main screen, check memory and make sure it is over 1 MB.
    How exactly do you do this?
    From the Main Screen (click on the little House at bottom)
    1. Click on "Menu"
    2. Click "Information" there you will see how much space is left.
    3. If you find that you need to delete any files, go back up from the Menu screen and click on "Delete".
    4. From the delete listings remove any extraneous files you don't need.

Also, if you are using E-mail, click on "Inbox" and delete your emails in your Inbox. Then empty the Deleted items by clicking the "Menu" button. Emails can take a lot of space and so can pics stored on in the camera. You can opt to save your pics to a SD card.

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Thanks Geeky for the steps!

It shows I have 19.8M of 23.8M free space.

I don't have any emails sitting on it either.

I have also noticed that upon the soft-reset, it has wireless mode set to off, even though it was on before the reset.

Has anybody ever encountered this?
    Ok, you've got plenty of space.

Have you tried a soft reset? There is a small hole on the backside of the unit. Your Stylus unscrews at the bottom that reveals an instrument that you insert and that performs a soft reset.

Hope this helps. I know how frustrating getting stuck can be, but there is often times a solution.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Have you tried a soft reset?

Hope this helps. I know how frustrating getting stuck can be, but there is often times a solution.
    Just did the soft reset as you described, good news is it allowed me to select an address from contacts, however, when trying to share the image, it returns an error saying couldn't share image (or something to that fashion).

Now, when I try to add a contact again to send the pic, it starts doing it again.

What the heck is going on?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    anybody?
    It's difficult to offer help because your situation does not tell us how familiar you are with receiving and sending email through your new Treo. Are you having problems just emailing pictures you took from your Treo? Have you configured your Treo to receive and send email?

I have the Tmobile on my Cingular Phone and using GPRS (thru TZones ) and this is my current scenario and you can compare yours if similar:

I can only email pictures thru MMS. The email recepient will see the message as coming from my 8081111111@tmomail or something.

I can receive my other emails thru the Treo but will not be able to send out email using my regular email accounts (or least haven't figured it out yet)

Hope this will help you out. If you have Sprint, ignore this message.
    Ed
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    It's not the email giving me problems. It's trying to share a picture with someone in my contacts.

Also, it's soft resetting when trying to select a contact in SMS as well.

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!!!!!!!
    Come on guys. This is a well known bug with the treo 600. I even updated to the new Sprint patch and mine still resets on trying to select an email recipient. I found the only way around this was to manually type in the recipients emaill address.

Do a search of the forums my friend and you will see many people in the same boat. The search button is your best freind. HTH

Heres one to get you going:
    Treo Reset Picture Sharing
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    Originally posted by myculito
    It's not the email giving me problems. It's trying to share a picture with someone in my contacts.

Also, it's soft resetting when trying to select a contact in SMS as well.

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!!!!!!!
    Question: Have you installed any new software? If so, delete it and see it that corrects the problem.

Second, does the person you are trying to share pics with have Vision? Are you emailing to an email address or to a phone number?

If you are on Sprint, try and send me a pic @ mellaka@sprintpcs.com.

If nothing helps, call Tech Support at: *2 if you are on Sprint and say "Representatives."

Good luck.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Magohn
    Do a search of the forums my friend and you will see many people in the same boat. The search button is your best freind. HTH

Heres one to get you going:
    Treo Reset Picture Sharing
    Magohn, I've posted in that forum about the same issue to try to bring it back to life again. When I had no luck in getting responses, I started a new thread!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Question: Have you installed any new software? If so, delete it and see it that corrects the problem.

Second, does the person you are trying to share pics with have Vision? Are you emailing to an email address or to a phone number?

If you are on Sprint, try and send me a pic @ mellaka@sprintpcs.com.

If nothing helps, call Tech Support at: *2 if you are on Sprint and say "Representatives."

Good luck.
    Hey Geeky...

I have not added any addtl. software to the treo other than what came from the factory.

I was able to share a pic with you when manually adding your address.

However, the moment I made you a contact and tried selecting your email address from the contacts list, it soft boots again.

Very very frustrating....
    sorry you are having so much trouble...and i know this is hardly a solution, but i would at this point hard reset the phone (back up whatever little data you had on the unit) and update with the latest patch. before you restore, try creating a contact manually and sending a pic again....if you are still having trouble you should take it back to sprint and get a new unit.

I know this might be stating the obvious but i sincerely hope it helps...good luck.
    sorry you are having so much trouble...and i know this is hardly a solution, but i would at this point hard reset the phone (back up whatever little data you had on the unit) and update with the latest patch. before you restore, try creating a contact manually and sending a pic again....if you are still having trouble you should take it back to sprint and get a new unit.

I know this might be stating the obvious but i sincerely hope it helps...good luck.
    Originally posted by myculito

Hey Geeky...

I have not added any addtl. software to the treo other than what came from the factory.

I was able to share a pic with you when manually adding your address.

However, the moment I made you a contact and tried selecting your email address from the contacts list, it soft boots again.

Very very frustrating....
    I didn't get a message or pic from you. Hummm...