1.    #1  
    After many hours searching for what I would think would be a commonly discussed issue, and not getting a clear answer...... I will start a new thread and ask for myself.
    HOW DO I ADAPT MY TREO SERIAL CABLE TO CONNECT WITH THE DB9 FEMALE CONNECTOR THAT COMES OUT OF MY GPS UNIT?
    I have read that i can connect a 9 volt battery as follows:
    negitive terminal of battery to pin 5 of the serial connector and the positive terminal connects to a 470 ohm resister and then to pin 7, or pin 7 and 4, depending on which explaination I read. I have tried this and it did not seem to work. What I actually did was to slice the treo serial hotsync cable open to expose the wires that connected to pins 4,5 and 7 and connect the battery to the proper leads. Does anyone have any specific advice for me? Thanks for the help?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    check this thread, and try to post only once in the future...i hate running into the same post twice

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t47948/s.html

check this thread, and try to post only once in the future...i hate running into the same post twice

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t47948/s.html
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I didnt use a 9V battery for mine. Rather just 2 1.5V AA batteries in series to from 3V (all that is needed for the inverters in the serial hotsync cable). I connected the positive lead to pin 7 i believe, and the negative end i tied to pin 5 on both the gps serial and treo serial cable. Without the tied grounds, it wouldn't work. For debugging purposes, I used a program called online (www.markspace.com i think) to test for connectivity on the serial port.

I was contemplating cutting the db9 off the serial hotsync cable and rerouting the power like you did also but was afraid of the possibilty of rendering the cable useless after my tinkering. I'd be interested to see if you get this to work since u already cut the cable.

Shoot me a PM and we can discuss further.
  4.    #4  
    going to try suggestions tonight. thanks
    and sorry about the second posting, but i got no replys on the treo 300 section. think nobody goes there anymore