1.    #1  
    Around 9 this morning, my Treo 600 popped up a message saying the battery was dead and it was shutting down. I turned it back on shortly afterwards, and the battery indicator had a red X through it. I don't know what that means, but I'd guess it's "no battery." I plugged it into the car charger when I left work a couple of hours later, but it didn't detect that it was charging. Got it home, backed it up (wall charger also had no effect) and tried a hard reset. No effect. I started restoring, and during the restore it noticed it was charging. It was fine for a couple of hours, and now it's forgotten it has a battery again. I'm taking it into the Sprint store tomorrow, and hopefully they'll fix/replace it, though I'll have to order my egrips again. Anybody else ever see this behavior?

/jgt
    I dunno if this info is too late or not, but have you tired doing a Battery Reset Disconnect?? It sounds like this may be causing your problem? Good luck...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    I dunno if this info is too late or not, but have you tired doing a Battery Reset Disconnect?? It sounds like this may be causing your problem? Good luck...
    Oddly enough, this doesn't seem to work. The instructions say the screen will go white, then black. Instead, I set the screen go white, flash black, then start booting (Palm logo) as normal. I've tried soft reset while charging, hard reset, now this. I don't know what else I can do besides get it replaced.
    Sorry to hear that... Unfortunately, replacing it sounds like the best option IMO at this point. Good luck...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Sorry to hear that... Unfortunately, replacing it sounds like the best option IMO at this point. Good luck...
    I went to the Sprint store today. Replacement is on its way. Hopefully it will "wake up" often enough so I can charge it until then.