1.    #1  
    Hello all,

I'm a new treo owner (and a happy one at that!). Call me old but... My headphones are too loud. That's right, I said it. I can only use the two lowest settings with my headphones. I'm using pocket tunes, the OEM adapter and a pair of sony earbud headphones and if I dare to inch the slider to three settings from lowest my fillings rattle, at six or so my soul shakes loose.

Additionally, the earpiece on the included headset sounds distorted, as if the speaker is getting overloaded.

This is my second Treo 600, (the first had the infamous rattle) and both have done this to me. Just wondering if I'm alone or if this is common.

-L
    -Lammy
    I use a pair of cheapo $10 stereo headphones and, when they're plugged in, I drop the Ringer Volume to only two or three bars, and usually have PocketTunes at the lowest or next to lowest levels.

"soul shakes loose" - lol
    Most likely it's loud because of the headphones, you may want to try some other headphones to see if it's still too loud. Borrow some and try it, can't hurt anything and you may find you want different headphones. I have noticed the treo 600 does have a pretty good amp in it, but normal listening level for me is at half or a click or 2 above if there is a lot of ambient noise (like on the shuttle to my school).
  4. KBS
    I had the same problem myself. I would have the volume set as low as possible and still had the 'phones away from my ears a bit. Then, as a side note, I would get a call (my ringer volume being maxed out so I could hear it in my purse when not using headphones) and the ringer would REALLY blast me to the point of being almost painful. I downloaded a skin from the site below and it seems to offer better volume control. I can listen at a comfortable volume with the plugs in my ears, not hanging on the outside. Still have the incoming call problem, though, because I can't remember to lower the ringer when I start listening to my music. Hope this helps!

http://www.palmfocus.com/ptskins.asp
    Originally posted by Lamourish
    Hello all,

I'm a new treo owner (and a happy one at that!). Call me old but... My headphones are too loud. That's right, I said it. I can only use the two lowest settings with my headphones. I'm using pocket tunes, the OEM adapter and a pair of sony earbud headphones and if I dare to inch the slider to three settings from lowest my fillings rattle, at six or so my soul shakes loose.

Additionally, the earpiece on the included headset sounds distorted, as if the speaker is getting overloaded.

This is my second Treo 600, (the first had the infamous rattle) and both have done this to me. Just wondering if I'm alone or if this is common.

-L
    A man goes to the doctor and says " Hey doc it hurts when I do this...."

-Turn3
    Originally posted by Turn3

A man goes to the doctor and says " Hey doc it hurts when I do this...."

-Turn3
    But what does the doctor say?
    I have some Sennheiser noise-reducing headphones and the volume is too low. I know the headphones are fine. Any suggestions?

I am using a Radio Shack adapter from which I shave off a bit of the plastic.

T600 is brand new. C Hardware.

TIA.

Robert
    Make sure that 'volume boost' under the preferences is turned off. It can cause both the headphones to be too loud and the speaker to sound 'overloaded.'
  9.    #9  
    I worked out the problem with some new headphones. Still have the previously mentioned ringer problem. Thans for all your help.
    -Lammy