1.    #1  
    I have the 270 on T-Mobile. It has started randomly disconnecting itself from the network. It happens pretty frequently. It has even happened overnight when I leave it sitting on a table.

I bought it used from ebay so I don't have warranty coverage. I've tried bending the little metal pieces that hold the SIM in place to make sure I have a secure connection. I've pulled out my backup 180 and it works fine so it doesn't appear to be a faulty SIM. It sounds like I'll need to take apart the 270 and try to find a loose connection. Has anyone else experienced this? Any idea about what to look for?

Thanks for reading.
    I can't believe how exactly same your situation is to mine. I also bought a 270 from ebay and found it didn't work on Tmobile. I also tried bending the metal pieces. No luck either. I even had my friend on other service provider try on the 270. He saw same issues in just one day.

I gave up and returned to 180. Sorry I can't be a help. I post this, however, because knowing others saw the same problem seems to be a relief somehow.

BTW, both Tmobile and handspring SRP suck on this issue. I was advised by handspring guy that my 270 has no problem at all, by his standard, because blazer successfully downloads w/ image display turned off. This was given as the answer after I told him that the same Web page, which has some images, is stuck every time the download passes 50KB mark.

Good luck on fixing this and let the magic pass out if you succeed.

Originally posted by chux
    I have the 270 on T-Mobile. It has started randomly disconnecting itself from the network. It happens pretty frequently. It has even happened overnight when I leave it sitting on a table.

I bought it used from ebay so I don't have warranty coverage. I've tried bending the little metal pieces that hold the SIM in place to make sure I have a secure connection. I've pulled out my backup 180 and it works fine so it doesn't appear to be a faulty SIM. It sounds like I'll need to take apart the 270 and try to find a loose connection. Has anyone else experienced this? Any idea about what to look for?

Thanks for reading.