1.    #1  
    I just noticed that handspring sells an ADAPTER that plugs into the Treo600 Travel charger. My travel charger says: Input: 100-240VAC. Does that mean that it would be safe for London and I would just need the plug adapter and not a converter?
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Yup. All you need is a plug adapter for the UK.
    Jeff
    But the Sprint Treo is CDMA, and only GSM works in the UK. You can use the PDA side, and Sprint will rent you a GSM phone if you want to pay for international roaming and have people reach you at your present telephone number. Otherwise, try to buy a cheap phone and a pay-as-you go GSM SIM card in the UK, or over the internet.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    I charged my Treo 600 in the UK (am a Sprinter, so no phone service) and used the PDA without a problem. You don't need a power converter as the charger will handle the voltage. You just need an adaptor to make the plug fit.
    Originally posted by joelbra
    I charged my Treo 600 in the UK (am a Sprinter, so no phone service) and used the PDA without a problem. You don't need a power converter as the charger will handle the voltage. You just need an adaptor to make the plug fit.

i am heading to london in March. I was there for thanksgiving and couldnt find an adapter that fit because of the block plug. Where do you reccomend I get a charger. I am in the US now and was thinking Radio shack.
    Radio Shack has a bunch. Go online and view the different foreign power adapters.

The other solution is if you bring your laptop to the uk, then purchase a usb charging hotsync cable. The power adapter that I bought has a deep receiving area where the us plug goes into. The Treo 600 charger doesn't fit into that recess, but my laptop power cable does. Therefore I'm able to charge my treo when connected to the usb port while the laptop is on.

For us Sprint users, our sprint service doesn't work over seas. I've purchased a Cingular Version Treo 600 to use over there. I purchased a PAYG sim card from T-Mobile.co.uk and put that into my treo 600 gsm. Works fine. Make call and text message. The only thing is I can't use the data part, at least not yet. I haven't had a chance to find out how much they charge per kilobite.

Both my treo's have the same data and appointments and contact infomation. I use the WorldMate Pro program to get exchange factors and do some conversions. Since I have no data connection, I use my laptop (connected to the internet) and hotsync updated weather, currency rates, and then do unit conversions when necessary.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Oh btw a cool phone that you can purchase over there is the Motorola V525 from Vodafone. It has a camera on it and has bluetooth. The other phone that was cool that just came out is the V600. I think that phone is able to record short movies!!!! Unfortunately I don't think the V600 is available as a PAYG account format...just "line rental" or monthly subscription base.
    You don't want a "charger", just an adaptor. Take the Treo charger into Radio Shack and they'll sell you a three-prong UK adaptor that will fit on top of the U.S. two prong plug.
    This is what you need:

Radio Shack:
    Originally posted by rashah
    This is what you need:

Radio Shack:

thanks and that a great price too. they wanted to charge me 10-15 pounds over in the UK. thats like 18-25 dollars.

that will also help with chrging my laptop while i'm over there